test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Increased idle time for founders & Neverwinter pack buyers

alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok I get that if everyone had more time to idle then maybe there would possibly perhaps by chance be some sort of increased server load issue.. However, for those of us who actually forked over the cash to help finance the game can we get 30-60minute idle timers? It really is annoying to go afk for 5 minutes and come back to "You've been idle too long" and be booted 5 minutes later.. (yes I know it claims to be 10 minutes but I swear it rarely takes 10 minutes to pop that message up). I smoke, takes approx 8 minutes if I am really taking my time to smoke, 4-5 if I'm whoofin it down. Yet every time I return from a smoke I got a "you are about to be logged out" message box I have to click. This is most annoying when doing solo instances and the phone rings.. you have to babysit the computer so you don't get booted out and have to start over.
A beautiful death awaits you...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Foundry-
Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
Post edited by alaerick on

Comments

• Options
    lordphaalordphaa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +111111111
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is 15 minutes for me. Maybe it is less for founders & Neverwinter pack buyers.
    I'd be glad if devs increase IT for another 15m
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    15mins is long enough for anybody even those who have put money into the game..

30-60mins is far too long and causes uneeded load on the server, plus if you were going to be afk for an hour anyways then why even bother logging on in the first place..
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    15mins is long enough for anybody even those who have put money into the game..

30-60mins is far too long and causes uneeded load on the server, plus if you were going to be afk for an hour anyways then why even bother logging on in the first place..

Agreed with this. I suppose it would be a nice 'Thank you' perk for people who purchased the packs, but I don't really see why it should be needed.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I dont see the point in anything longer than 15 minutes i.e the current idle time. If you need to afk longer, then just log out. The founders have already gotten what they felt was worth their cash. It's a bit late to ask for more imho, you got what you paid for.

With the current idle system I can go take a long dump at the bathroom and read the paper without worrying about getting logged out.

@OP: You could always quit smoking, would solve your idle issues, probable future health issues and horribly smelling home/clothing.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When i was in the Resturant industry, they used to say it takes someone 7 -12 minutes to smoke a cigarette, i think 15 minutes for a cig to burn on its own from end to filter, and the owner would use this as a metric for how long someone had been to a table.

if i think i will be more than few minutes, I just go to the char select screen and you can sit there for a looong time without being fully logged off. Not the best solution, but it is considerable less time than a full restart of the game.
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    I got the pack but I feel no need for any extra perks - I already got what I paid for.

I hope you realize that cigarettes are bugged. Proof being there is a patch out for them.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    Ok I get that if everyone had more time to idle then maybe there would possibly perhaps by chance be some sort of increased server load issue.. However, for those of us who actually forked over the cash to help finance the game can we get 30-60minute idle timers? It really is annoying to go afk for 5 minutes and come back to "You've been idle too long" and be booted 5 minutes later.. (yes I know it claims to be 10 minutes but I swear it rarely takes 10 minutes to pop that message up). I smoke, takes approx 8 minutes if I am really taking my time to smoke, 4-5 if I'm whoofin it down. Yet every time I return from a smoke I got a "you are about to be logged out" message box I have to click. This is most annoying when doing solo instances and the phone rings.. you have to babysit the computer so you don't get booted out and have to start over.

Lol.

An hour? lol

You talk about being gone 8 minutes and 10 minutes is too short but you want an hour?

How do you justify an hour of being afk?
  • Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    Step 1: Plant face into a wall.
    Step 2: Place weighted object on w key.
    Step 3: ...
    Step 4: Profit
  • Options
    omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    out of all the issue/bugs with the game currently, you want more afk time lol? how about fixing the map manager bug where you get kicked out of the group randomly that would be a nice fix.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Lol.

An hour? lol

You talk about being gone 8 minutes and 10 minutes is too short but you want an hour?

How do you justify an hour of being afk?

Because most other older and more populated MMOs allow alot longer time than 15 min. Since this one is new can we assume they are running modern HW or are they still serving those C64s with 28.8 baud modems.
  • Options
    teng3nteng3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Because most other older and more populated MMOs allow alot longer time than 15 min. Since this one is new can we assume they are running modern HW or are they still serving those C64s with 28.8 baud modems.

Name one.

There is no point. If you are going to be afk for 15 minutes. This means no input from mouse or keyboard then you do not need to be logged in. It is a complete waste of server resources and bandwidth.

Take care of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> before you log in.
This discussion has been closed.