test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF casting unstoppable every 1-2 hits

mlew0032mlew0032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Saw some of the Brostache GWFs trolling people by casting unstoppable every 1-2 hits you get on them back to back consecutively. How can you cast it that often and nonstop?
Server : Mindflayer

Characters:
Ellamae - Level 60 CW (12.1k T2 Geared)
Norros - Level 60 TR (12.1k T2 Geared)
Keira - Level 60 GF (13.2k T2 Geared)
Mialee - Level 60 DC (12.2k T2 Geared)
Thoradin - Level 60 GWF (12.8k T2 Geared)
Post edited by mlew0032 on

Comments

• mlew0032mlew0032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone know how this can be done?

Characters:
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ask Thoradin. He probably should know.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you only did 1~2 hits with your at-will attacks, then I have no idea how they can achieve fast determination gain without using encounters. Determination builds up on the amount of damage you take(and attacks you deal if you go destroyer path), not the number of hits. So if someone keeps landing 10k crits the moment unstoppable ends then it'll most likely be fully charged ready to use instantly.
  • mlew0032mlew0032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's the thing, he didn't hit anything and I just poked him twice with my at-will then BAM unstoppable again and he repeated it over and over. Held up five people by himself just healing away and taking no dmg even when we got him knocked down he got right back up and healed everything back.

I knew heal build was good but being able to tank five people for over two minutes?

Characters:
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Without a video to really look at what's been going on, there's just no way to tell. I'm not saying you're making it up, but so much can go in in pvp, it's just very hard to really see what's happening while you are at the receiving end of it.

Some skills look like bugs, some bugs look like exploits and some exploits still aren't fixed.
    edited July 2013
    mlew0032 wrote: »
    That's the thing, he didn't hit anything and I just poked him twice with my at-will then BAM unstoppable again and he repeated it over and over. Held up five people by himself just healing away and taking no dmg even when we got him knocked down he got right back up and healed everything back.

I knew heal build was good but being able to tank five people for over two minutes?

Well you said the person was holding 5 people, so that's how he gained so much determination. If everyone all pitched in 1~2 at-will attack, stack that by 5 that's unstoppable recharged. Don't waste your burst damage on unstoppable unless you can out damage it. Only way to kill a GWF that is out gearing everyone is to use team work. Knockdown/stun lock them as soon as unstoppable in finished. While they are stunned or knocked down they cannot active unstoppable. That's when everyone does burst damage.

No GWF can tank 5 players and stay immortal, that only works when everyone is way under geared with bad communication skills. 2 geared trickster rogues can easily out DPS all the regen and damage resistance unstoppable has. Also restoring strike which hits anywhere from 8k~15k on crit will heal 1/2 it's damage. With 5 of you just focusing damaging, bet none of you attempted to dodge this easy move. Also probably didn't time your knock downs and stuns, instead you all did them at the same time. 5 people on a GWF is kinda overkill, and with the right communication skills the GWF should be dead in a few seconds regardless of how geared you are.

But as yerune said, can't say much until we see a video of it. For all I know it's a bunch of people with no communication skills just having a go at the GWF.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I laugh when I run and get hit by that GIANT red aoe they or guardians have. Of course, smoke bomb and dazing strike don't affect them, unstoppable or not. Run, get aoe'ed. Come back in and supposedly daze them, get aoe'ed. Only way to go for a rogue is the cheesy pure stealth spec.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I laugh when I run and get hit by that GIANT red aoe they or guardians have. Of course, smoke bomb and dazing strike don't affect them, unstoppable or not. Run, get aoe'ed. Come back in and supposedly daze them, get aoe'ed. Only way to go for a rogue is the cheesy pure stealth spec.

Lmao, am i the only one who can dodge this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? xD
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Saw some of the Brostache GWFs trolling people by casting unstoppable every 1-2 hits you get on them back to back consecutively. How can you cast it that often and nonstop?

Not a troll, just someone who is being hit by crappy damages and he is building up from it. I have a GWF and it really doesnt take much to build determination.

There is actually a feat that gives you extra regeneration on that lol.
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah nerf gwf and make them the most useless class in game again.
    edited July 2013
    They are not useless, even without unstoppable I am 3 shotting people with sentinel build.

And about that GWF I fought I 1v1 at one of our bases and that was where I found out he was casting it nonstop from 2 sure strike swipes. Just need a explanation on how how to gain that much determination from 2 hits of anything.

Characters:
    edited July 2013
    They are not useless, even without unstoppable I am 3 shotting people with sentinel build.

And about that GWF I fought I 1v1 at one of our bases and that was where I found out he was casting it nonstop from 2 sure strike swipes. Just need a explanation on how how to gain that much determination from 2 hits of anything.

hah 3 shotting people as a gwf sent. Pls make a video i wanna see it.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Its because unstoppable is lame. Needs a big adjustment it still randomly breaks as well don't have the fix for it though.
  • zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Unstoppable uses the Determination bar. Unlike Rogue Stealth, but similar to Cleric Divinity, it can be used when not fully charged. Determination's energy bar has a 1/2 way point. Unstoppable can be used at this 1/2 way point. This means that you only get a short bit of Unstoppable because the bar isn't full when you activate it. Waiting longer, until the bar is full, gives you longer Unstoppable.

If you are spamming attacks on a GWF who is optimized for Determination gain, then you can refill their Determination to 1/2 very quickly, allowing them to use it again for a short period, followed by you filling it 1/2 way, followed by.... you get the idea.
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    Of coarse anyone that has a prone skill just needs to drop em the moment they aren't unstop and unload on them and they go splat.
  • elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    hah 3 shotting people as a gwf sent. Pls make a video i wanna see it.

Whats weird about it? If he has tenebrous enchants he can do it all the time, heck even without them flourish>ibs>crescendo>resto with lucky crits takes down any1 except other sents/gf. Damage scales mostly of weapon damage, difference from feats and power is neglectable in PvP, and ArPen/Crit isnt hard to get as sentinel.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    When you see a GWF use unstoppable then you better look around move away to not being hit or hit him, that is the best way to avoid them to continusly gain HP and use that skill permalike
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
    edited July 2013
    Whats weird about it? If he has tenebrous enchants he can do it all the time, heck even without them flourish>ibs>crescendo>resto with lucky crits takes down any1 except other sents/gf. Damage scales mostly of weapon damage, difference from feats and power is neglectable in PvP, and ArPen/Crit isnt hard to get as sentinel.

Your example already exceeded the 3 hit limit.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited July 2013
    I love how just a couple of months ago people were all up in arms about how under powered and worthless GWF's were and now here we are people complaining how overpowered they are.
    MMO players make me laugh. Never happy.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    It's not possible for "1-2 hit unstoppable" like you mention but it is possible to have unstoppable up fairly often by using the proper mixture of powers and feats. My build can have unstoppable up between every 10-12 seconds (as long as there's something to hit). So seriously people love to over exaggerate.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's not possible for "1-2 hit unstoppable" like you mention but it is possible to have unstoppable up fairly often by using the proper mixture of powers and feats. My build can have unstoppable up between every 10-12 seconds (as long as there's something to hit). So seriously people love to over exaggerate.

10-12 secs feels like in 1-2 hits.. seriously can unstoppable be on like a 45 sec to 1min CD. something that is realistic
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    10-12 secs feels like in 1-2 hits.. seriously can unstoppable be on like a 45 sec to 1min CD. something that is realistic

45sec-1min LOL
    You do know that the GWF has NOTHING else besides Unstoppable, literally NOTHING else. The fastest possible way to get determination up is to get hit, and get hit hard. There is no good way to build fast determination using Single Target or At-wills in PvP, even as a Destroyer. The second fastest way is using Roar, which again doesn't work too well in PvP.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think they use cheats. Really... every gwf i meet in pvp use unstoppable without any cd or time to wait. Same thing for mages (they can teleport along the whole map without stopping) and rogues...
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The player the OP was talking is most likely this GWF on the enemy team:

NAJd8SW.png
    http://i.imgur.com/NAJd8SW.png

They had a full premade and my team was a bunch of bad randoms. That GWF spammed Unstoppable like the OP said. I've inspected him and he's either 1) a pay to win player 2) AD / CN exploiter that didn't get caught and/or 3) a botter. He has Perfect Briar, Perfect Vorpal, and a mixture of Rank 9 Dark enchants and Greater Tenebrous.

Even though he was decked out and with his premade, I still owned him several times. He was easy to kill because he wasn't a full cheese Sentinel GWF with Regen gear and 6-7 Greater Tenebrous. You could actually kill him even when he's spamming Unstoppable because he went offensive, not defensive GWF. Spamming Unstoppable only allows him to kill bad players with bad gear.

The bigger point is, Unstoppable and Greater Tenebrous needs to be nerfed (again). They're simply way too OP for PvP.
    edited July 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    Your example already exceeded the 3 hit limit.

Take Down (knock down) > Restoring Strike > Crescendo (Knock Down)

If they're not dead yet go finish them off with a 10k Flourish which on crit adds an additional stun effect which means more damage from at-wills while they recover from stun status. With tenebrous, it's even more overkill. I run around with my PVE destroyer build, I do Flourish(11k) > IBS(15k) on greenies and they die :(
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they use cheats. Really... every gwf i meet in pvp use unstoppable without any cd or time to wait. Same thing for mages (they can teleport along the whole map without stopping) and rogues...

So CWs, GWFs and TRs are all using cheats! amazing observations. lol
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • xaraphinaxaraphina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm with a combination of what other people have said about how to deal with unstoppable. The easiest way to deal with a problem is to focus on its source and said source is you... If they're spamming unstoppable that means it's always going to be half the duration. To help you help yourself, kite then turn around and "splat" them. If there are multiple people trying to kill said GWF move along because they'll either kill them eventually or all die, either of which results in half or no unstoppable. Contrary to popular belief, more dps isn't the answer to everything.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    The player the OP was talking is most likely this GWF on the enemy team:

NAJd8SW.png
    http://i.imgur.com/NAJd8SW.png

They had a full premade and my team was a bunch of bad randoms. That GWF spammed Unstoppable like the OP said. I've inspected him and he's either 1) a pay to win player 2) AD / CN exploiter that didn't get caught and/or 3) a botter. He has Perfect Briar, Perfect Vorpal, and a mixture of Rank 9 Dark enchants and Greater Tenebrous.

Even though he was decked out and with his premade, I still owned him several times. He was easy to kill because he wasn't a full cheese Sentinel GWF with Regen gear and 6-7 Greater Tenebrous. You could actually kill him even when he's spamming Unstoppable because he went offensive, not defensive GWF. Spamming Unstoppable only allows him to kill bad players with bad gear.

The bigger point is, Unstoppable and Greater Tenebrous needs to be nerfed (again). They're simply way too OP for PvP.

Unstoppable does not need nerfed. It was nerfed once when they removed the default healing and now costs 5 feat points for a whole 5% healing. Quit complaining because you can kill everyone except a GWF who is stacking enchants.
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    I'm working on my 5th level 60 gwf... he is level 44 now. The op sounds like he is way over exaggerating things. There are two ways (other than being hit) to gain determination... well 3 actually. The first is a passive feat, which will build a minuscule amount of determination while you are in combat. It hardly gets you anything, and in my opinion, isn't worth it. The second is the end tier feat, where you gain determination when you DO damage. Again, this amount is so minute, it doesn't seem worth it. The third way is to use Roar on a group of idiots.

So by getting hit, building a tiny amount of damage while in combat, and building a tiny amount of damage when you do damage, using roar (which is hard to land some times), you can gain determination fairly fast. 1-2 hits sounds a bit made up. Also you said he was getting hit by 5 people, so I doubt he got hit 1 or 2 times. Maybe he got hit 1-2 times by each person? Which would make it 5-10 times, which is more realistic.

What is this 'heal build' people are talking about? I have tried several builds, and have never come across a 'heal build'. There is a feat, which gives you 5% health when you use determination, which is junk, because you can get way more than that in gear. There is also a set of gear which gives you a percent of health over 5 seconds when you use unstoppable.

Also, FYI, there is a game breaking bug with unstoppable. If you stun a GWF at just the right time, it will lock out their unstoppable for the entire match. Any GWF claiming to be domineering while never using unstoppable, is high on crack.
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Unstoppable does not need nerfed. It was nerfed once when they removed the default healing and now costs 5 feat points for a whole 5% healing. Quit complaining because you can kill everyone except a GWF who is stacking enchants.

I can kill everyone, including a cheese Sentinel GWF with Regen gear and 6-7 Greater Tenebrous. That doesn't mean they're not OP as f*ck. When a class can spam an ability that gives you CC immunity and 25-50% damage resistance (on top of their 40%+ damage resistance from gear and Feats), while giving you temporary hit points, it's OP as f*ck. You can deny the fact that Sentinel GWFs with Regen gear and G.Tenes are not broken OP, but anyone who plays as one or has faced one knows deep down that they're the most OP class / build in the game by far.