test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vorpal vs plaguefire GWF & Cleric

grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok so i have a greater plaguefire, and a regular vorpal. My GWF Is sentinel spec, my Cleric is a dps/offhealer. Which enchant for which toon
Post edited by grifterec on

Comments

• shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    plague on the fighter...... vorpal seems almost wasted on them.

I wouldn't vorpal the cleric either.... id sell the vorpal and use the blood drain one to compensate for your 40% heal penalty unless your crit chance is over 35% then perhaps vorpal.
  • grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Its not wasted on a fighter... 37.6% chance to crit, on the GWF hes an orc so already 5% extra severity, and a heroic feat for 15% extra as well, meaning without Vorpal he sits at 95% Severity (with regular vorpal thats 120%) the difference is noticeable and big. On dummys, a crit with sure strike without vorpal is around 1250, with vorpal around 1400. Considering GWF are aoe machines that 200 damage difference on a crit adds up.

However the DPS cleric of mine also has 36% chance to crit, and he is built as a buffer/debuffer. I think vorpal would probably work better for either, (assuming someone else ran plaguefire, which is the big if).
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grifterec wrote: »
    Its not wasted on a fighter... 37.6% chance to crit, on the GWF hes an orc so already 5% extra severity, and a heroic feat for 15% extra as well, meaning without Vorpal he sits at 95% Severity (with regular vorpal thats 120%) the difference is noticeable and big. On dummys, a crit with sure strike without vorpal is around 1250, with vorpal around 1400. Considering GWF are aoe machines that 200 damage difference on a crit adds up.

However the DPS cleric of mine also has 36% chance to crit, and he is built as a buffer/debuffer. I think vorpal would probably work better for either, (assuming someone else ran plaguefire, which is the big if).

These are things I find interesting and like to see some great testing. Only thing I think you are not taking into acct is the 15% arm pen per stack. So with 3 stacks at 45% arm pen you technically should be doing way more single target with Plague I would imagine. Also with those stack on your Aoe's and a dot. I just would have to imagine more dmg from plague. I like what you are thinking and honestly I am thinking the same thing. Just the 45% arm pen has to give way more dmg then the crit. severity but who know. I just think Vorpal might be paper dps and deceiving. Unless your going for PvP. 120% serverity on a GWF super ouch. If you test it some or someone has more feedback I would like to know. Cause isn't the 45% arm pen gonna be much more of a dps boost ?
  • grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    These are things I find interesting and like to see some great testing. Only thing I think you are not taking into acct is the 15% arm pen per stack. So with 3 stacks at 45% arm pen you technically should be doing way more single target with Plague I would imagine. Also with those stack on your Aoe's and a dot. I just would have to imagine more dmg from plague. I like what you are thinking and honestly I am thinking the same thing. Just the 45% arm pen has to give way more dmg then the crit. severity but who know. I just think Vorpal might be paper dps and deceiving. Unless your going for PvP. 120% serverity on a GWF super ouch. If you test it some or someone has more feedback I would like to know. Cause isn't the 45% arm pen gonna be much more of a dps boost ?

Oh there is no question,

If there is nobody else with Plaguefire, that would be the correct choice on ANY character.
    But since the balance patch, plaguefire doesnt stack with other peoples plaguefire. Meaning one greater plaguefire group is relaly all that is needed.

I think im putting vorpal on the cleric, as its harder for him to keep debuffs on multiple targets, and it would help with heals. But vorpal is NOT <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a GWF.
    edited June 2013
    Oh there is no question,

If there is nobody else with Plaguefire, that would be the correct choice on ANY character.
    But since the balance patch, plaguefire doesnt stack with other peoples plaguefire. Meaning one greater plaguefire group is relaly all that is needed.

I think im putting vorpal on the cleric, as its harder for him to keep debuffs on multiple targets, and it would help with heals. But vorpal is NOT <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a GWF.

Oh yea with the right set up which you have totally not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! Agree! I almost want a Vorpal on my GF for lul's in PvP 2 shots are to much a bother I need to bring it down to 1.
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013

The defense debuff from Plague fire doesn't stack, only the DoT. And since the patch, Plague Fire was nerf to 1%/2%/3% from 5%/10%/15%, Plague Fire is now **** tier.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok so i have a greater plaguefire, and a regular vorpal. My GWF Is sentinel spec, my Cleric is a dps/offhealer. Which enchant for which toon
    LMAO, more noobs who think cleric are meant to DPS or can even DPS. Is this the after effect of crappy heals? Dang devs fix the devoted cleric class up before people mistake them for a GWF.
    edited June 2013
    I think a Dps healer would be more fun. Cause I would just laugh at my party thinking I am a healer.
    edited June 2013
    lerapiso wrote: »
    The defense debuff from Plague fire doesn't stack, only the DoT. And since the patch, Plague Fire was nerf to 1%/2%/3% from 5%/10%/15%, Plague Fire is now **** tier.

What no way. I heard it not stacking. I heard nothing about it being nerfed.
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013

It wasn't in the patchnote, they dont want to refund every founder ^^
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    LMAO, more noobs who think cleric are meant to DPS or can even DPS. Is this the after effect of crappy heals? Dang devs fix the devoted cleric class up before people mistake them for a GWF.

I am confused why your whiny @55 hasn't quit yet. All you have done for 3 weeks has been cry about the nerf to AS, and threaten to quit this "horrible" game... yet you still come on here and call people noobs, with ZERO understanding of the conversation.

A depuff/Buff cleric is a 100% viable role as the second DC in a party, Linked spirit + SB (which stacks with the other cleric if they use it too), Daunting light debuff, POD debuff, and the 4 piece set that lowers the targets defense by 30%... Forgemasters Flame if the other cleric needs help...

Why don't you just crawl into a hole
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

It reduces the defense stat by a % instead of mitigation now. Greater is about 9% dps increase fully stacked.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    It reduces the defense stat by a % instead of mitigation now. Greater is about 9% dps increase fully stacked.

Maybe I should go Vorpal and stacked arm pen on my GF see how that goes.
    edited June 2013
    If you run with anyone else who consistently uses plague fire then vorpal seems a wiser choice imo.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As others have noted, plaguefire is trash now after they ninja nerfed it.

This thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?343581-Plague-Fire-Enchantment-NERF-(Upcoming-patch)

Has a good breakdown. At most you can expect ~1% damage increase.

p.s. They also nerfed tenebrous enchantments, they proc ~4x slower.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
    edited June 2013
    As others have noted, plaguefire is trash now after they ninja nerfed it.

This thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?343581-Plague-Fire-Enchantment-NERF-(Upcoming-patch)

Has a good breakdown. At most you can expect ~1% damage increase.

p.s. They also nerfed tenebrous enchantments, they proc ~4x slower.

The linked thread is ( i believe) incorrect, the op even states "Not too sure if it's going to be 3% stacks or 15% stacks... will have to wait until release to find out"

It says 15% defense on the enchant on live
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The linked thread is ( i believe) incorrect, the op even states "Not too sure if it's going to be 3% stacks or 15% stacks... will have to wait until release to find out"

It says 15% defense on the enchant on live

My take on it was he was testing based on actually results, vs the tooltip. Yes I know the tooltip says 15% live.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what is the final on this? Is it stacking 1/2/3 or 15?? Kind of sucks since I spent all the AD my mage had left to buy it.
  • kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    So what is the final on this? Is it stacking 1/2/3 or 15?? Kind of sucks since I spent all the AD my mage had left to buy it.

I haven't found anybody that really knows.. I will say armor penetration scales really well with GPF debuff.. I'm still debating whether to keep GPF or use my greater vorpol on the CW..