test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lesser plague fire vs lesser lightning

kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Thieves' Den
And I suppose lesser flaming as well. Which would be the best of the three to use? Does the defense reduction of plague fire outweigh the raw damage when it is just 5% a stack? My gut says yes, but the other two sell for considerably more on the AH, so I'm not actually sure.
Post edited by kierlakx on

Comments

• yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Plague fire has been nerfed quite a bit since the patch (and more balanced, less OP).

Think of plague fire as more support (reduces mobs' defense so that your party can take advantage) than flaming or lightning which are just pure damage.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *furious rage at the current state of the game*

I agree with you. But what does that have to do with plague fire enchants?
  • webbotwebbot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well that escalated quickly
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At this point I believe that flaming enchants are the highest direct damage, lightning is 2nd (and can hit multiple opponents), and plague fire is helpful if you don't have significant armor penetration or want to knock people off horses in PvP.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I thought Vorpal was the way to go for rogue?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    I thought Vorpal was the way to go for rogue?

With most rogue builds that have a crit chance upwards of 45%, they are. But that wasn't what was asked. :) Vorpals are also pretty pricy. But yes, vorpals can really spike your damage into one-shot non-bosses/GF/GWF territory. Stealth/Lurker's Assault/Lashing Blade with a vorpal is an absolute shredding machine.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    With most rogue builds that have a crit chance upwards of 45%, they are. But that wasn't what was asked. :) Vorpals are also pretty pricy. But yes, vorpals can really spike your damage into one-shot non-bosses/GF/GWF territory. Stealth/Lurker's Assault/Lashing Blade with a vorpal is an absolute shredding machine.

Right. I can buy a lesser plaguefire for 1/4 of what a lesser vorpal costs, and for about 1/3 of what a lesser lightning costs. Although I do have 1 coalescent ward and enough flaming and lightning shards to make one of either.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    flaming enchant has proven to be really nice, i was just messin around with a lesser one.
    in lesser state, it has more damage (6% fire dmg, another 6% over 3 sec., stacks 3 times)then plaguefire, whereas lesser plaguefire (3,5% fire dmg, another 3,6% for 3 seconds) gives you the beloved armor shred (5% armor penetration, stacks 3 times).

Note: Plaguefire enchantments don't stack with other plaguefires on your team.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    At this point I believe that flaming enchants are the highest direct damage, lightning is 2nd (and can hit multiple opponents), and plague fire is helpful if you don't have significant armor penetration or want to knock people off horses in PvP.

knocking off horses works with flaming enchant. :)
  • thatasianbradahthatasianbradah Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Screw both of those enchants. Vorpal FTW!
  • ghoztmaskghoztmask Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Screw both of those enchants. Vorpal FTW!

vorpal is nothing if u got low on critical chance. vorpal make your critical to do more damage, what does it help when your character have low on crit chance.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh please don't encourage him. Lightning is the worst enchantment at LESSER rank. It doesn't even arc, which is its best attribute. IF and only IF you are able to get it to Greater or Perfect ranks, then fiddle around with lightning.

Source: From experience, used P.Lightning for five months.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Old thread is old.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia