test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is insane.

eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just got out of a pvp match that had SEVEN bots.

Has Cryptic said anything about this at all?

Have they even acknowledged the existence of the bot problem?

Seriously, a bot every now and then is ok. It's actually kind of funny. But I haven't been in a pvp match in well over a week that didn't have at least 2 bots. 7 bots in one match is just ridiculous.

Madness.
Post edited by eazydzzz on

Comments

• ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    queue for more than 30 min, then get 2 bots in your team.. very frustrating
    and I hate when bots get stuck in camp, at least those that run to the middle node keep the other team busy while I cap the other 2 nodes and have a chance to win if the other team doesn't pay attention :D

I also hate people which leave or stay in camp when they see bots.. most of the times chances are the other team has bots too, so you still have a chance to win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    eazydzzz wrote: »
    Just got out of a pvp match that had SEVEN bots.

Has Cryptic said anything about this at all?

Have they even acknowledged the existence of the bot problem?

Seriously, a bot every now and then is ok. It's actually kind of funny. But I haven't been in a pvp match in well over a week that didn't have at least 2 bots. 7 bots in one match is just ridiculous.

Madness.

Prove they are bots.
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    queue for more than 30 min

Never ever had to queue for pvp for more that 3-4 minutes.
    Ranger.jpg
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    what should they do?
    there is nothing but removing every reward from pvp so you can do it only for fun, and even then there will be prolly still bots in pvp
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ha! My team has more bots than yours. There! ...oh wait, crud. We lose. ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    queue for more than 30 min, then get 2 bots in your team.. very frustrating
    and I hate when bots get stuck in camp, at least those that run to the middle node keep the other team busy while I cap the other 2 nodes and have a chance to win if the other team doesn't pay attention :D

I also hate people which leave or stay in camp when they see bots.. most of the times chances are the other team has bots too, so you still have a chance to win

Are you pvp-ing in the lvl 30-40 bracket ? Because at lvl 60 you get instant queues.
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lv 60 bots usually walk and even attack XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They are aware of them and acknowledge their existence. I believe that bots and AFKers were one of the major reasons why they removed PvP rewards from defeats: if the bots don't get a reward, they cease to be used.

That is one of the reasons that people leave the team after seeing bots on it: they don't want to potentially reward the botters.
  • gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    I don't even know how to tell if they are a bot. Anyone mind explaining to me how you can tell the difference?
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm guessing you are leveling up when you saw these 7 bots?

I think this is a side effect of bots being banned at the same time at level 60. The botters dont' have much stopping them from making new ones, so when a banwave hits the sub-60 pvp is going to be filled with fresh bots.

It sucks yeah, but imo it sucks even more to have the bots at level 60.
  • s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gnominion wrote: »
    I don't even know how to tell if they are a bot. Anyone mind explaining to me how you can tell the difference?

They never use their horse, run a pre-determined path every time they die, usually very undergeared, rarely have a guild or a title.
    The TR-Bots use most of their abilities but are very likely to use CoS in melee-range while being very weak, DC's will usually use at-wills and sporadic single-target-heals but are usually really useless. I haven't seen any other bots - only DC and TR.
    Basically, it's very easy to distinguish bots from real players.
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I side with the bots. I think all pvp matches should be fixed just to win astral diamonds. This game is only for pvp after level 40 anyway. Not like anyone is going to fix the VERY FEW broken dungeons and skirmishes WE WERE SUPPOSE TO HAVE. And to add to it we can only queue up for 3 things at a time? Give me a break. Between seeing yet another game revolving around PvP and getting auto logged every 15 minutes I doubt I'll be here much longer. Think I'll just stick around a bit to play cards in the pvp dungeon arena with the botters.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Without naming names, does anyone have a link to a recorded match where there is clearly a bot in there?

I just want to see for myself because I've yet to come across anyone I could conclusively say was a bot.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As was pointed out, the bots are extremely easy to spot if you look for them.
    Traditionally, they will never mount, they will run a fixed path from the spawn point to the middle while using a autofollow spam that will direct them to the nearest player they pass. They then use the same attack pattern (for TR, they spam the range blade throw until it is out of charges, then usually go for the stun then big hitter, then autoattack).
    General rule is, if they don't mount up they are a bot, but you tell easy as day if it is a player controlled character simply because people don't repeat the exact same keyboard timing for minutes on end while executing the least effective attack sequence, and verging off on nearest target (from autofollow) anytime someone runs near them.

They should completely disable autofollow in PVP. Without autofollow, the bots wouldn't even be able to target anyone unless they ran directly in front of them at melee range (I guess they could hit someone with a blade every 15 sec or so at range if they ran directly in thier path). Also, they should add back the team vote kick option.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was in a match with a series of bots which were obviously under the control of one player. It was sort of interesting. They had multiple rogues which all executed the same commands at the same time. So they would all attack the same target at the same time and would run to each other and stand directly on top of each other to appear as one unit instead of multiple. They did run a pattern though returning to the same spots all the time. So they would run in a group together, attack a player at the same time, run back to the same exact spot. If one died, it would just run back to the group and repeat. It sort of seemed like they had an 'argo' range as well. Get to close and they attack, get far enough away and they run back to the spot, which was on the center capture point.

Point is, this type of setup wouldn't be kicked due to afk activity since they all park at the mid point, which always gets activity. They actually do get kills because multiple rogues attacking the same target will kill them. And the number of bots in the match could potentially outnumber the players, or even push the numbers enough on the team to not allow for a vote to kick to actually succeed. So how do you stop this sort of thing?
  • terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I might have been killed by one of those rogues on my CW. At least, I've been killed by rogues doing the stealth-throw + stun + lashing blade thing. Dodging doesn't seem to work in PvP.
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Vote to kick is out. I was kicked from parties in Forsaken World unjustly because they thot I was a bot. I even told them I was going to the privy and would be right back and was NOT GONE MORE THAN A MINUTE (not pvp arena group activity). No vote to kick. FW was one great big kick fest. You couldn't party without someone always saying, "Should we kick, should we kick, should we kick?" All eager to hurt another person and be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

In Rift I was kicked for being a ranger/rogue and not a tank/healer. NO VOTE TO KICKS.

You hate someone that bad drop party and reform. That really makes a person feel like sh*t. I personally would never do that to anyone.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    s1ssy wrote: »
    They never use their horse, run a pre-determined path every time they die, usually very undergeared, rarely have a guild or a title.
    The TR-Bots use most of their abilities but are very likely to use CoS in melee-range while being very weak, DC's will usually use at-wills and sporadic single-target-heals but are usually really useless. I haven't seen any other bots - only DC and TR.
    Basically, it's very easy to distinguish bots from real players.

I have seen mainly CW bot's. They never use a horse, no title and no guild. Always walk the same path and never from cliffs at Spawn at one PvP map (the "lighter" one). They just use the stairs at the other side of the map lol.

They mostly use At-Wills and sometimes I see an encounter. But they are very useless and always walk in a 1v5 situation lol.
    signature-lili.png
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was in a match with a series of bots which were obviously under the control of one player. It was sort of interesting. They had multiple rogues which all executed the same commands at the same time. So they would all attack the same target at the same time and would run to each other and stand directly on top of each other to appear as one unit instead of multiple. They did run a pattern though returning to the same spots all the time. So they would run in a group together, attack a player at the same time, run back to the same exact spot. If one died, it would just run back to the group and repeat. It sort of seemed like they had an 'argo' range as well. Get to close and they attack, get far enough away and they run back to the spot, which was on the center capture point.

That could have been a multiboxer instead of a a bot......or it could have been a stack of bots with the same script.
    I'm not sure I have seen any bots that would break off from a fight, but could be.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I mostly see CW bots. They do the exact same thing every time. Not just attack sequence, but exact run path as well. There are many clues that tip you off if you pay even a little attention to it. Also, they are near worthless in a fight.
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That could have been a multiboxer instead of a a bot......or it could have been a stack of bots with the same script.
    I'm not sure I have seen any bots that would break off from a fight, but could be.

I sort of played with them. I tried to drag them away from the middle node a few times and they would all pursue in a group but if i got to the same distance away from the node they would all immediately retreat to the node, same exact spot they were standing in. It didn't even matter if I had extremely low health, if i dragged them to the same spot, zoom they ran back. It was like they were tied to that spot to defend and if they moved to far from it, they would default back to it. I assumed it was a multi-boxer at first, not the case though. The movement back to the 'default' guard spot was way to accurate, almost like on a tether. That sort of shortest point exact route stop on a dime no extra movements path following that you get from AI.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I sort of played with them. I tried to drag them away from the middle node a few times and they would all pursue in a group but if i got to the same distance away from the node they would all immediately retreat to the node, same exact spot they were standing in. It didn't even matter if I had extremely low health, if i dragged them to the same spot, zoom they ran back. It was like they were tied to that spot to defend and if they moved to far from it, they would default back to it. I assumed it was a multi-boxer at first, not the case though. The movement back to the 'default' guard spot was way to accurate, almost like on a tether. That sort of shortest point exact route stop on a dime no extra movements path following that you get from AI.

Yup, sounds like botting. It doesn't matter if it's attended or unattended botting, it's definitely AI if it can repeat the same behavior over and over again, perfectly each time, in a way no human could do.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD