test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you change Dye Pack colors between primary, secondary and tertiary?

psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
I tried using a Lliiran dye pack on my CW Robes, hoping that you could choose which bottles of the pack to use on which location in the garment.

Nope, you get the bright orange tint as the primary color.

If you get a color pack, it should be individual vials of each color, for you to use as desired.

Am I doing something wrong?
Psyb3rTr011
AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
Post edited by psyb3rtr011 on

Comments

• kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nope thats just how it is now. For some reason the devs thought it was a good idea to force us into predefined positioning of colours rather than freedom of choice and wider customisation options.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Not at this time, no. It is one of the reasons we used both Dye Packs and Dye Bottles, to try and get the best of both options as well as we could with the tech at hand.

Its a system we would like to eventually revisit.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Personally, I would almost like to see dye packs supplied as three individual dyes, that we could assign as we wished, though that would be problematic in itself unless the dyes were bound..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe a rotate button if a dye pack is put in, such that it switches through the various ways of applying those 3 colors.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Not at this time, no. It is one of the reasons we used both Dye Packs and Dye Bottles, to try and get the best of both options as well as we could with the tech at hand.

Well could we at least see more choice in the dye bottles? Perhaps some craftable dye bottles rather than just the packs? The kits as they stand are very restrictive and we have very few choices for bottles.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013

. . . . I'd like to see more single dye colors, especially the white in the winter pack. Is there a reason that only some colors are offered in singles and other in packs?
  • fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you get to chose on all single dyes, but not on "set" dyes.

if you dye your stuff with the event dye, its going to look like the event colours, thats exactly how it was intended.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It would be nice then, to have the alchemist crafting colors be individual colors and not packs. Especially since many of the colors are so similar (Shades of Gray for instance, and the various shades of white.)
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd