test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You guys play any music as you create your wonderlands?

lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
You guys play any music as you create your wonderlands, and if so, what kind to you listen to? ^^

I have a large playlist of Daft Punk, liquid dubstep, and whatever else floats around on youtube. Though ofc not when I add music and what to listen ingame to see it working/reviewing but otherwise :)
I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
Post edited by lolsorhand on

Comments

• raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mostly I watch things on Netflix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    You guys play any music as you create your wonderlands, and if so, what kind to you listen to? ^^

I have a large playlist of Daft Punk, liquid dubstep, and whatever else floats around on youtube. Though ofc not when I add music and what to listen ingame to see it working/reviewing but otherwise :)

I do sometimes, but it makes me sad that I can't use certain music as the actual soundtrack. This can sometimes make me a little disappointed with the final outcome of my quests so I don't do it very often. I reserve my own music for dire situations, like when I get stuck on an idea or how to make something happen using foundry tools when it is not possible, lol.
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    pris23 wrote: »
    I do sometimes, but it makes me sad that I can't use certain music as the actual soundtrack. This can sometimes make me a little disappointed with the final outcome of my quests so I don't do it very often. I reserve my own music for dire situations, like when I get stuck on an idea or how to make something happen using foundry tools when it is not possible, lol.

Hence I don't play much other than "normal" music and not for example Two Steps from Hell. That way I can enjoy the music being played :3
    I like turtles.

• runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Video Game Soundtracks (Console RPGs, PC RPGs, mainly)
    Anime Soundtracks
    Movie Soundtracks

I listen to loads of orchestral/symphonic stuff. I tend to not listen to anything with lyrics. It kinda throws me off my Foundry mood. Though, when I do, it's usually like 30 Seconds to Mars, J-Rock/J-Pop. :D
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Video Game Soundtracks (Console RPGs, PC RPGs, mainly)
    Anime Soundtracks
    Movie Soundtracks

I listen to loads of orchestral/symphonic stuff. I tend to not listen to anything with lyrics. It kinda throws me off my Foundry mood. Though, when I do, it's usually like 30 Seconds to Mars, J-Rock/J-Pop. :D

Yeah same here, and I get so tired from songs with lyrics :P
    I like turtles.

• krisrmurraykrisrmurray Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2013
    Similar to runis, I don't really listen to music when I'm working on an adventure unless I'm previewing music to put into the game. I want to make sure I'm in the right mood at the right time so I can focus on maximizing the experience. Like pris or lolsorhand I would love more music in the game. Or at least swap music that has 8 slight variations with something that is more varied.
    Forgotten Treasure Campaign
    Part 1: Remembrance : NW-DDTLPFIKS (need 7 more plays)
    Part 2: Treasured Sin: Not yet published
    edited July 2013
    Similar to runis, I don't really listen to music when I'm working on an adventure unless I'm previewing music to put into the game. I want to make sure I'm in the right mood at the right time so I can focus on maximizing the experience. Like pris or lolsorhand I would love more music in the game. Or at least swap music that has 8 slight variations with something that is more varied.

Indeed, that would be awesome :) Though sometimes I do love to just have some liquid dubstep in the background. Atleast sometimes it goes set me into the foundry grind mood :P
    I like turtles.

• xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have my music collection streaming from my media server almost all the time, no matter what I am doing. Unless I am on the phone with a client, sleeping, or watching show. First thing I do when I get a new game is turn off the music.

Over 100k tracks of bit pop, synth pop, minimal tech, deep house, old wave, nu wave, post punk, industrial body, and electro thrash.

Ascii Disko, Skinny Puppy, Junkie XL, and Skinny Patrini have top spots on my playlist.
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Burzum - Dunkelheit
    Burzum - Jeg Faller
    Satyricon - Entire "Shadowthrone" album
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    not realy usualy watching netflix while working
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    Laibach - Across the Universe

Negativland - Gimme the Mermaid

The Dead Milkmen - The Badger Song

But then maybe I'll switch to some Nick Cave or Garbage or whatever, Samantha Crain or Lisa Hannigan or First Aid Kit. Then I turn it off when I need to add music to a map room.
    edited July 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    Laibach - Across the Universe

Negativland - Gimme the Mermaid

The Dead Milkmen - The Badger Song

But then maybe I'll switch to some Nick Cave or Garbage or whatever, Samantha Crain or Lisa Hannigan or First Aid Kit. Then I turn it off when I need to add music to a map room.

The Badger one made me lol, Laibach was good ^^, and Negativland was, well awesome in its own way. :3
    First Aid Kit was awesome!
    I like turtles.

• lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cowboy Mouth most recently
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rock. Particularly 90s rock (Grunge) and all things Tool.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited July 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Rock. Particularly 90s rock (Grunge) and all things Tool.

Tool is one of those few bands that well, are so awesome there's no word for it :P

And Cowboy Mouth is pretty win as well :3, so much to add to the playlist ^^
    I like turtles.

• sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    The Badger one made me lol

I can't help singing that song every time I see a Honey Badger in the game :D
    edited July 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    I can't help singing that song every time I see a Honey Badger in the game :D

Haha, I should play that on repeat until my mind goes nuts :P
    I like turtles.