test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not receiving 2x Rough AD from Gateway

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey there,

We are aware that if you collect a Leadership task that contains Rough Astral Diamonds through Gateway, your character doesn't receive the double bonus for the Lliira Event. Currently, that is the intended behavior because the celebration is happening in-game and we want you to hop in to celebrate the festivities!

In the future, we'll work to make sure that if you collect Rough AD through Gateway that any bonuses are also applied.

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    riverslqriverslq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sounds like a bug to me
    it's just being used as an excuse now.
  • Options
    tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Edit: Somebody pointed out it does say "in game" on the announcement. So yeah. That sucks.
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • Options
    rubberduckconvyrubberduckconvy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so in order to take advantage of double AD i have to play for 24 hour strait sounds like a plan to me will crypic and PWI pay my salary when i loose my job ?
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    removed my own rage
    21.jpg
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    So why doesn't redeeming leadership tasks in a pvp match give double diamonds, was that intended as well?

I didn't get double diamonds when doing skirmishes during the event, was that intended as well?

Have I missed something about this event, is it more than just a couple of firework launchers?
  • Options
    tallcar24tallcar24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey there,

We are aware that if you collect a Leadership task that contains Rough Astral Diamonds through Gateway, your character doesn't receive the double bonus for the Lliira Event. Currently, that is the intended behavior because the celebration is happening in-game and we want you to hop in to celebrate the festivities!

In the future, we'll work to make sure that if you collect Rough AD through Gateway that any bonuses are also applied.

Cheers,
    Pin

Could have told us that like 3 days ago. Would have been very helpful. Now I feel like an idiot for using your gateway.
  • Options
    eigheimeigheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    utania wrote: »
    I didn't get double diamonds when doing skirmishes during the event, was that intended as well?

Same here, smacks of bigger bugs in the back end.
  • Options
    sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree, it would have been nice to have known this in advance. It isn't always convenient to log into the game just for professions. Poor form, guys.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So why doesn't redeeming leadership tasks in a pvp match give double diamonds, was that intended as well?

Have I missed something about this event, is it more than just a couple of firework launchers?

Its a couple of fireworks launchers.

or as Cryptic's Champions Online team would term it. 6 months of work.
  • Options
    johnnykcjohnnykc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We do go online, its just that we do gateway when we cant go online, its kinda elementary dont u think? and yes couldve been better if u told us gateway tasks wont get us double ad.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As was mentioned, they did give you notice, the announcement says "in game."
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    bekey2ndbekey2nd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's funnier is how they say they'll never do that again.. Heeeh.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't sound like a bug to me at all.

It does sound like there's a lot of upset botters, however.
  • Options
    groundzero86groundzero86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't sound like a bug to me at all.

It does sound like there's a lot of upset botters, however.

WTH kind of response is that, are you implying that only bots use the gateway? Have you ever considered that maybe people prefer the gateway, you know for the added functionality and convenience, like the search functionality, or the fact that it remembers which profession you were using last for instance.

I have 6 characters, and believe me, its much easier to use the gateway to switch between characters, than to do it in game. What this really sounds like is an excuse for bug, or quick and dirty feature addition, where the gateway update didn't make the deadline.
  • Options
    levonklevonk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WTH kind of response is that, are you implying that only bots use the gateway? Have you ever considered that maybe people prefer the gateway, you know for the added functionality and convenience, like the search functionality, or the fact that it remembers which profession you were using last for instance.

I have 6 characters, and believe me, its much easier to use the gateway to switch between characters, than to do it in game. What this really sounds like is an excuse for bug, or quick and dirty feature addition, where the gateway update didn't make the deadline.

This.

In fact, I have the game running, and I have the gateway in the background. I can play the game (which is what they want you to do), and manage the professions of my other characters at the same time. So basically we get chimsed because we are more interested in playing Neverwinter than playing spreadsheet warrior online.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I would like to see them address this. I'm also not receiving the rough ADs in my inventory after invoking. AD rewards are all messed up.
  • Options
    johngalt2010johngalt2010 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tallcar24 wrote: »
    Could have told us that like 3 days ago. Would have been very helpful. Now I feel like an idiot for using your gateway.

I still have two toons locked up on alchemy because I completed the level up task using the Gateway. I would gladly not worry about the AD on the gateway if I could still level up my toons. Gateway is a great idea, but the implementation is... lacking.
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My problem isn't receiving double rough AD during some event but just receiving AD at all when I claim it through the Gateway. Just now, I claimed a task through the gateway before I realized what I was doing and sure enough, I logged into the character in-game and no rough AD. That was a waste of a Mining Claim. Please fix this.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    scardon985scardon985 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    MY TWO CENTS
    You don't take away what you are already giving, that's just going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off and loose customers. Say what you want it's how society works, when you don't get what was supposedly promised, or a change in something that people rely on to get gear and other item, they will not like you, they should have been given the double, Plus an extra amount, it could have even been one, atleast then people would only ***** about how they only got 1 extra. rather then rumors, backlashing and rage quitters, not that I mind. But since cryptic is banning innocent people who simply are partied up with perma stealth rogues. well... I think you can see where this is going.
This discussion has been closed.