test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protector's Enclave crashing the game

ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Any one else have this problem... seams to happen at random times will crash it to desktop; some times locking my comp. This did not happen before the patch at all. i am fine in other zones and dungeons but I have to go there to use my bank/guildbank/ah. I would like to know if I am alone in this or not. If customer service would just enlighten us to some known issues with the patch that would be nice. Every time I go to try to email them with a ticket I get an infinite feed back loop on all 3 major browsers so no go there, and have too many un-answered tickets in game to think that it would do any good.

on a side note why do they not write a few lines of code for chat to prevent people from spamming the exact same message more than 2x in like 10sec or so... wouldn't that help with the constant spam in PE? :/
Post edited by ta1ch0u1 on

Comments

• bbzeldbbzeld Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I always crash randomly in Protectors Enclave it seems to be super buggy and causes the game to close. It happened to me before and after the patch. Probably 50% of the time im there it crashes I am running 15 Meg Internet connection and decent Gaming PC so not sure why but its been happening heh I just log back in but it gets annoying and sometimes will lock up desktop for 30 secs or so.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got the same error I always get if I stay in the Protectors Enclave long enough... an "Out of Memory while generating a texture" bug (which is why I'm afraid of staying in Protectors Enclave too long). I wish I had saved the screenshot I made of the screen long ago. If I see it again I'll definitely post it.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • zaelarpzaelarp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I consistently crash whilst in Protector's Enclave. Extremely annoying when I want to make a routine visit to a bank or merchant and what would normally be a five minute trip becomes tedious indeed. Thank God I finished all the quests there now, but there is no reason for certain people to be made to feel like exiles. Someone fix this or at the very least investigate.

Just to be clear - This crash occurs NOWHERE else. Game runs absolutely flawlessly on maximum settings in every other location so far and runs flawlessly up until the point of crashing in Protector's Enclave. I have happily spent about 4-5 hours in a single sitting in other locations but five minutes in Protector's Enclave can easily be enough to precipitate a crash.

I would be very interested to hear of other peoples' experiences with this and some kind of confirmation/acknowledgement that PW/Cryptic are at least aware of the issue.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zaelarp wrote: »
    Yeah, I consistently crash whilst in Protector's Enclave. Extremely annoying when I want to make a routine visit to a bank or merchant and what would normally be a five minute trip becomes tedious indeed. Thank God I finished all the quests there now, but there is no reason for certain people to be made to feel like exiles. Someone fix this or at the very least investigate.

Just to be clear - This crash occurs NOWHERE else. Game runs absolutely flawlessly on maximum settings in every other location so far and runs flawlessly up until the point of crashing in Protector's Enclave. I have happily spent about 4-5 hours in a single sitting in other locations but five minutes in Protector's Enclave can easily be enough to precipitate a crash.

I would be very interested to hear of other peoples' experiences with this and some kind of confirmation/acknowledgement that PW/Cryptic are at least aware of the issue.

Hey i just downloaded and started the game today. I started and ran fine on almost maxed grqphics but thisbfirst town which i think is called protectors enclqve seems to crash after i start the game up from the last crash. Ive tried on evrything but the lowest settings which ill try when i get back home. I hope they can get this fixed as im a dnd fan and really liked the game so far from the starting quests. Guess ill pray that i can get it t work when i get home.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Running the game in the lowest graphics is letting me play but im still getting horrible lag and rubber banding that i wasnt getting before.

Edit: Still crashing but not right away now.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • cmgeloneckcmgeloneck Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I crash whenever I visit the bank and try to withdrawal an enchantment.
  • xenzanxenzan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    Got the same error I always get if I stay in the Protectors Enclave long enough... an "Out of Memory while generating a texture" bug (which is why I'm afraid of staying in Protectors Enclave too long). I wish I had saved the screenshot I made of the screen long ago. If I see it again I'll definitely post it.

Same here - very annoying, though almost never crash in any other zone.