test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.33

Comments

• grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Interesting event - I like the idea. And yes, thanks for that pirate fix.....now if we could actually get something done about the problems that arr really hurting the game, that would be nice too.
    I see what you did there...
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure what "whinging" is, but what I am doing is voicing an exasperated concern that is going unheard, and I'm not the only one complaining about the issue as there are multiple threads on the Savage Enchants not giving stats. If you like getting and playing with broken toys, be my guest. It just seems like a waste of time to introduce new content when they can't fix the content currently available, it's just potentially adding to the pile of broken toys.

I don't want to stop playing, I don't think anyone currently on here actually WANTS to stop playing. But when we are falsely presented with a product that is supposed to work in a certain way, and it doesn't, well, it's hard to keep playing with it. I WANT to keep playing, and if Cryptic wants the same thing, they will listen and fix the fraking things.
    "Whinging" is the act of complaining.

Nothing wrong with that, since there is a ton of stuff to complain about with this game. Especially when they bring the servers down to patch for such ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as what they are patching today.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    User Interface
    Content and Environments
    - Player vs Player Maps
    * You may now not target from or into starting respawn areas to help prevent fights from occurring in a desired safe area
    ** This means fights shouldn’t start until you jump down from the respawn area

While it may not work properly, players caught abusing/exploiting this feature can be reported and hopefully the appropriate action can be taken:)

Thank you Perfect World.

Happy Customer:)
  • justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Another garbage patch. Meanwhile, people are exploiting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the invulnerability hack:

http://www.twitch.tv/flyyyyyyyyyyyyy13/c/2505746
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    AND nothing about the stuck alchemy prof? really?... iv been stuck at level 10 since it didnt level up for a week now. Ticket was closed as " solved" also... ffs.
    This is the last patch-chance i give PW... if its still broken im off to play other games.
  • silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am so glad they fixed the character history options and not the dungeon queuing system. I would have been upset had something important been in this 2 hour patch. Yay!
  • noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    Whad up with these **** patches? I mean, cmon? ****ing event? Mby fix, botting, balance or bosses? Noway, we need a better character history tab and a festival!
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Best. Patch notes. Ever.

Btw people are able to spawncamp @ gaunt PvP. Just throwing that out there. A penalty for people that leave an active PvP game and a spawn timer would be nice aswell.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    Another garbage patch. Meanwhile, people are exploiting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the invulnerability hack:

I have been complaining about this, mostly in-game.

People tell me that no such thing can happen, yet you have video proof here.

Thank you for posting this.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • eferitieseferities Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Suggestion for future patches.

Hello, I thought it'd be cool if you could have a "Mode" where you can join player made dungeons with a seperate inventory/character sheet. Then the player would start with just their skills and feats and have to pick up items along the way. Only certain items will carry over after the "instance/dungeon."

This could serve as another challenge and map makers able to really fine tune their dungeons.

Suggestion: I really like my daily. (i'm a trixter where he laughs at hits 4 targets) I see that as I progress (i'm lvl 15 now), I am able to access other dailies. What if I realllllly like my current daily but feel the need to get the other skills just to increase my overall damage? That seems silly. Same goes for some of the other AT-WILL and Ecounter skills. POINT BEING: If I really like the animation that goes along with a skill, I should be able to bring that skill DAMAGE wise to PAR with the upgraded skills that I can get as I advance.

Another Suggestion: It would be cool if there were more things to "bust" or break. (unlike the barrals that you can hit or walk over and make move - even those would be cool to bust or break) - Lol, I even tried hitting a barrel at some enemies to see if they did damage.

Another Suggestion: I see the enemy running at me and I slice before he gets close or throw a dagger and most of the time they seem to still hit me and do damage. Can you fix that somehow so I can time them running at me and swing right before they get to me to do that last HIT of damage so they drop before they hit me? This is like the line of sight. I even try to "roll - dodge" right before they get to me to miss their first hit. Seems impossible. You guys have a great game that allows more action from the player to decide the HIT/MISS of combat. I'd like more options in that department. Even to the extent of menuevering my character between an enemy and myself so the next enemy attack ends up hitting the enemy that's between him and me if timed perfectly. A way to do this, is when the enemy runs at you to attack you could create a line infront of your character that would give you the cue to attack before line hits your character (which would signify the monster now on your toes)

Another Suggestion: I was literally sneaking around some of the streets and the monsters line of sight isn't checked very good. I should be able to stay behind their backs or around corners of walls and literally SNEAK up on them without stealth. They seem to know i'm there without possibilty in reality knowing I am there. THIS IS MY TOP SUGGESTION. Line of Sight and AUTO attacking when close should get fixed. I even stun monsters and they move towards me stunned. I like the hack n slash style of this game, but would like to get more tactical.

Another Suggestion: Set traps.. That'd be cool in some dungeons if I could set a trip wire trap, then throw a dagger at a monster and when they come running at me, they trip over the wire setting off a trap that hits them or slows them.

Another Suggestion: If I'm a trixter, shouldn't I get like a 50% (up to 1 or 2 tries max then it's impossible to try) on arcane/dungeon/nature chests?

Another suggestion: Should I get experience for disarming traps or a chance to extract poison or a weapon from the trap that was used in the trap? Or something?

Another suggestion: If you guys add in a lot of other ways to do damage, you can really add a great abundance of new weapons - and put them on tiers (same goes for armor). (DoT's, poisons to weaken strenght or damage, damage absorbtion or mitigation (1 strike)) Also you can add in throwing potions and other items. That way loot is different also. With Enchanting you can add in an enchantment of "For the next 100 successful hits, you do increased 50% damage, or have the chance of deflecting at +40 deflection status - then the weapon or armor reverts back to (what you have now)"

Another Suggestion: I was jumping on stuff to gain an advantage in height and the monsters were still able to hit me!!!!!! This is where you can add in tactical advantages. Jump up somewhere, throw a few potions or skills at the monsters to weaken them, then jump down and kill them unless they reach you first. I am trying to draw out combat a little more with skills/abilities/items rather then: THEY SEE YOU, THEY RUN AT YOU, CONCLUSION OF "you die or they die."

Another suggestion: I really enjoy some of the sounds you have in the game. Such as my DAILY when the trixter laughs as he hits others (edit: also when u kill that big orcish guy and he screams and yells in pain). Is there any way we can assign/customize that sound to other actions? Etc?

Another Suggestion: I was doing my feats, and I didn't know that I could pick different paths. I wanted to get the crit 1/2/3% then wanted the stamina one for lvl 2 upgrades. However, I picked just one path that lead to the paragon tree. Any chance at a reset in the future based on lack of information on how it worked?

Another Suggestion: In final fantasy and other games you can taint or get tainted by a spell that makes you take damage from healing spells.. That'd be cool.

Another Suggestion: Be able to remove the stealth bar or move it so that it's not in the middle of the screen.

Another Suggestion: Be able to expand the ITEM window so you can easier move around items between packs.

Another Suggestion: I wanted to try out the PVP, but could not find direct information to if I tried it, if I would be fighting against "similiar level players." I heard people complaining about clerics being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp, so maybe we could have a seperate skill/character sheet directly built for PVP that we would test on the training dummies.
  • tybaltswrathtybaltswrath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh my god this is HILAROUS! Sooooo many people complaining about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when the problem is clearly just that they suck or don't know what they are doing. HAHAHAH nooob babies.
  • kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All seems great, 40 more minutes till some eventing and lovely pirate king :)
    In free games please dont complain :)
  • dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »

Just watched that video, what the hell...they need to fix that before more find out how to exploit it!
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dd93 wrote: »
    Just watched that video, what the hell...they need to fix that before more find out how to exploit it!

Yeah very dodgy that, sorry but who really cares for fashion items there useless event sounds <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> give me monsters to kill its a bleeding action mmo ffs.

Theres a lot more important stuff they could be fixing that's why people are whining and they have a right to clerics are ok in pve but pvp there just a bag of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yeah you win a game here an there but that's because the other team are rubbish and under powered.

Healing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not logged in a for a few days as its not much fun as a cleric.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    - Player vs Player Maps
    * You may now not target from or into starting respawn areas to help prevent fights from occurring in a desired safe area

does this include Gauntlgrym or just the domination pvp???

on a second thought, I first read "- player vs player maps" (as in, new maps?!!!) then had another look and they are proably meaning that as a group, for those two domination maps ;) ...
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure what "whinging" is, but what I am doing is voicing an exasperated concern that is going unheard, and I'm not the only one complaining about the issue as there are multiple threads on the Savage Enchants not giving stats. If you like getting and playing with broken toys, be my guest. It just seems like a waste of time to introduce new content when they can't fix the content currently available, it's just potentially adding to the pile of broken toys.

I don't want to stop playing, I don't think anyone currently on here actually WANTS to stop playing. But when we are falsely presented with a product that is supposed to work in a certain way, and it doesn't, well, it's hard to keep playing with it. I WANT to keep playing, and if Cryptic wants the same thing, they will listen and fix the fraking things.
    its not going unheard... you just think it is. Currently the state of cleric is great. I can solo heal any content currently out and pvp you just have to build your self right so that you can damage well and with a little bit of support. maybe you should try thinking out side the box.
  • faileanfailean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kaur4646 wrote: »
    All seems great, 40 more minutes till some eventing and lovely pirate king :)
    In free games please dont complain :)

Some people did pay for this game and the lack of fixes is bad. There are bugs still from 2 months ago game is live and there big patch broke more then fixed. Maybe if people really look at the broke things in this game they would realize it should still be in alpha state.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Yeah very dodgy that, sorry but who really cares for fashion items there useless event sounds <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> give me monsters to kill its a bleeding action mmo ffs.

Theres a lot more important stuff they could be fixing that's why people are whining and they have a right to clerics are ok in pve but pvp there just a bag of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yeah you win a game here an there but that's because the other team are rubbish and under powered.

Healing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> not logged in a for a few days as its not much fun as a cleric.

Cleric are not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp... build around some damage with a little bit of support and you will love pvp as a cleric. Also the people working on putting out new content is a different group of people then the team that fixes bugs.
    edited July 2013
    failean wrote: »
    Some people did pay for this game and the lack of fixes is bad. There are bugs still from 2 months ago game is live and there big patch broke more then fixed. Maybe if people really look at the broke things in this game they would realize it should still be in alpha state.

i play the game quite a bit and not any bugs effect me playing the game and enjoying my experience in never winter. Only one that effected me directly was pirate boss because unable to finish that instance. But they fixed it!!! Just because there are bugs out there that other people exploit to do things easier in a pve dungeon doesnt effect the way i play. My guild and I do not take advantage of these exploits and play the game as it was intended. So we could care less if some yahoo is jumping through a wall to skip content. I have an 11k GS CW 13k GS GF and a 10.5k GS TR and i havent bought anything off the AH. Granted i dont have perfect vorpal or soulforge or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that but ive cleared all the content in the game with out it so whats it matter?
    edited July 2013
    dd93 wrote: »

I've gone upp against that before, and it really does put a downer on the pvp session.
    And it's sadly monotome enaugh already, but there are some matches that are just Gold =) *both where i'm on the winning side, and loosing side =)

I wish they would give Clerics their due credit in the pvp ( no i dont play one )

*wha i almost started the ranting of what they should do and what they shouldnt do.. It's a TRAP I tell yah!!!
  • solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    Will the PvP targeting fix have any effect on Gauntlgrym PvP spawn camping?
  • ekiekiekieki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope yall fix the PVP hacks, had to fight an invulnerable TR today, resisted all the damage and dodged everything for the whole match.
  • nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really, these patch note threads should just be read only. You get so many people spamming so much nonsense.

Glad to see the Pirate King is once again reachable, and for people who like that kind of thing from a RP point of view it's nice that the personal history doesn't just vanish. Doing away with spawn camping in PvP is also a common-sense thing that I'm glad to see.

Now just make zone chat impossible for anyone level, say, 15 or less and you'll do a lot to combat the spam as well. Though it does seem a lot less unbearable lately.
    edited July 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    Cleric are not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp... build around some damage with a little bit of support and you will love pvp as a cleric. Also the people working on putting out new content is a different group of people then the team that fixes bugs.

I agree, the cleric is not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. (look at assist numbers with clerics) usually on the hig'score there.

most/all classess can have their moments in pvp.
    depending on what they go upp against. (so shuss ppl).

I think what is mostly needed would be more pvp maps, =)
    Ever wondered what would happen if they would allow Foundry pvp maps =D *now what can the comunity give us?! there would be endless ammount of pvp maps in just a few weeks lol
  • houtianhoutian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    valliv wrote: »
    I wish they would give Clerics their due credit in the pvp ( no i dont play one )
    So true, other races get all the kills but Clerics doing their best job to heal gets the least credit for their hard work. Imho, Clerics should get equivalent credit of 1 dmg = 1 health point healed, otherwise all Clerics in pvp would just be killing instead of healing. FYI, CW here~
    edited July 2013
    valliv wrote: »
    I agree, the cleric is not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. (look at assist numbers with clerics) usually on the hig'score there.

most/all classess can have their moments in pvp.
    depending on what they go upp against. (so shuss ppl).

I think what is mostly needed would be more pvp maps, =)
    Ever wondered what would happen if they would allow Foundry pvp maps =D *now what can the comunity give us?! there would be endless ammount of pvp maps in just a few weeks lol

This...this is a lightbulb! I personally think that would be amazing.
    edited July 2013
    Anyone noticed the sly Zen market update, with the new mounts? ...http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=890381
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    - Dungeons
    * Pirate King’s Anchor has been reintroduced into the game

Excellent. This, at least, is good news.
  • eferitieseferities Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    i play the game quite a bit and not any bugs effect me playing the game and enjoying my experience in never winter. Only one that effected me directly was pirate boss because unable to finish that instance. But they fixed it!!! Just because there are bugs out there that other people exploit to do things easier in a pve dungeon doesnt effect the way i play. My guild and I do not take advantage of these exploits and play the game as it was intended. So we could care less if some yahoo is jumping through a wall to skip content. I have an 11k GS CW 13k GS GF and a 10.5k GS TR and i havent bought anything off the AH. Granted i dont have perfect vorpal or soulforge or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that but ive cleared all the content in the game with out it so whats it matter?

Wow, you already beat the game? I just started. So what do you do then? Start a new character? Just play the player made dungeons? You already have the max weapons? That seems..... pretty quick. I hope I don't do it that quick and then wonder around the world wondering what to do next. I hope they come up with some way to reroll the same character or more skills or more things to acquire/do or bigger monsters.

If I make a new character and start in a new city do I get different quests and different monsters?

That's crazy you started in APR 2013 and you are basically done with all the content. Hmmmmmm, I shouldn't have read this.
  • solomonkane6solomonkane6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    u really believe that those are the problems in that game ? really ? that game become worst and worst !!do something for that..fix some things guys..ffs.. make one per!fext system in arena for example..create rank, ban leavers, find one player if some1 leave..DO SOMETHING and stop those anoyings celebretions..do something for the guys who are already 60 lvl about 3 months now.... plzz just condiser us players to ur game!!
This discussion has been closed.