INFORMATIONS:

Translation: Blighter Saga I - Mobbing in Springstone
Language: German
Difficulty: Easy
Quest-Style: Snug roleplay
Playtime: Circa 40 Minutes without the dialogues
Code: NW-DMDUQNWRK

Hey, my friends!

It's very sad - I know, that many of you love quests with great atmosphere and RP-elements... and my baby got german language. Yes - it's done now! And I'm so proud!

Perhaps you want to take a look at it anyway!? You can rate the level-design and game-feeling, if you want. I put endless hours into the modelling of the world and all that stuff. It's a shame, that you can't read the dialogues, because I think they are pretty funny and obscure. The whole stuff is highly inspired by point n' click adventures like Monkey Island or the Discworld-novels by Terry Pratchett.

I can try, to tell you something about the story... with my broken half-English! Ugh! So you will know, what is going on, while you are playing the quest. I hope you can understand most of the stuff and don't get pimples on your eyes.

THE STORY:

You are helping Lou, who is a longarmed guy from "Fruehlingsfels (Springstone)", a lovely valley, which is terrorized by curious wererats, the "Sporenbrut (Spores-Breed)" and a filthy family named the "Knorpelkinns (Gristle-Chins)".

iuluz8xfgi3dxbxfg.jpg

At first you are helping Lou's servant-golem called "Anton", who gets attacked by the rats. He is showing you the way to the beautiful house of his master. And you are right at the point: The kids of the Gristle-Chins are bombarding the back of Lou's house with arrows! Erase em'! This family is a dirty, antisocial clan. They transformed the lovely wood of Springstone into a dumping ground! Domestic waste and even excrements greasing now on the whole area. Must and mold grew everywhere, also exotic, mysterious mushrooms. That's why the rats came into play... they liked the dirt and the mushrooms very much, so they settled down in Springstone. These two fractions, the Spores-Breed and the Gristle-Chins, turned the amazing valley into a nasty hole. So your next mission is to get rid of them completely. First you must refresh Anton, the golem, by giving him some yummy magical fire-stones to eat and brush his back with a grindstone - he will show you the way to your enemies then. You must kill the Spore-Mother and her followers. Speak with Safari, the explorer-halfling in front of the camp. He tells you, that you can jump into the Spore-Camp. To describe this, would be too complicated for me now! So, talk again with him and you unlock another way: Now you can go to the sewer-like entrance in your near... kill the orcs and they drop a key to the Spores-Base. Get the rats now! After this, your way leads through the polluted Spore-Wood, right into the heart of the crazy family: Misses Gristle-Chin... and her boyfriend... Father Gristle-Chin... the last survivors... nearly... kill em' all.

lm9w95dqvb9oocffg.jpg

Now you are the hero of Springstone! Even a statue of you is in work! Lou is waiting for you at the villa of the "Van Oberstuebchens (Upper Storeys)", a noble family, which has settled down in the valley. Partytime! But... no... not yet. Lou tells you the scary story of his long arms. A rude man obducted him in the past, because of an mystic object he wanted to get from him. The streching-bank was his favourite tool to torture Lou, who never knew, what the sadistic Torturer wants from him. The Torturer got little helpers... the "Drachlinge (Dragonlings)". One of Lou's friends caught one of them. Give Lou one last pleasure: Have a look, if this creature really is a servant of the Torturer. Tolodt, the ranger, is telling you, that the Dragonling don't want to say anything to you. But Tolodt have heard of an alcohol, that is leading these creatures to telling the truth. Practically, the Upper Storeys are getting a fresh supply of alcohol from the Driftwood-Tavern at the moment! Get the "Bauchbuerstender Blitzbrenner (Stomach-Twisting Thunderburn)" and inject it into Draggu, the Dragonling! Done!? He tells you, that his master, the Torturer, is very sick and old. He is needing a special herb to discover. Draggu got the mission, to search it over here, but he failed and got trapped. Tolodt is begging you: You should make Lou happier than happy! You should kill his torturer! Draggu gives you a skeleton-key... it opens a magical gate in one of the rocks of the waterfall... inside the waterfall-cave is the way to the dungeon of the Torturer (climb on the right side in the middle of the waterfall to reach the socket). Some nasty giants are waiting on the bridge... beware!

Continue with the 2nd post...
Quests I like to share:

A CURIOUS DISAPPEARANCE by Sphecida: NW-DDLEOFL2Q
A CRY UNANSWERED by obsidianw0lf: NW-DGNBAX3RD
SIEGEBREAKER by ash4all: NW-DGDPWV2U5
Post edited by oggbrox on

Comments

• oggbroxoggbrox Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    f9cu7fl5781lqqjfg.jpg

I make it short: While going through the cave, you are crossing an old dwarven forge, also you meet Pondo Erzhand, who is meditating at this sacred site. He knows the way to "Yall Bundur" - that is the real name of the Torturer! Perfect! Just a little walk, and than you can fly with his two dragons directly to the place.

f9y82aedag810a0fg.jpg

After entering Yall's dungeon, you want to use a way, but it is full with Dragonlings. So you decide, to search for an alternative. A prisoner is telling you, that you should put a stone in a lamp; this will make a lot of noise and all the dumb Dragonlings will leave their position. You can use a toe from Anton, the stone-golem, to crash the lamp! Hide yourself in the litte room on the right and wait until all guards have passed. The way to Yall Bundur is free...

3sd43ey45u9flr4fg.jpg

At the party, Lou will not let leave you, until you eat something. His reward is very heavy! You need power, hero! Xanas is a young chiefcook and he will make you "Schmierige Schleimknoellchen (Smeary Slime-Spuds)". But he need a special ingredient... which is in the storeroom... and in the storeroom are ghosts... beat them. Eat the meal. Speak with Lou... and say farewell to Springstone!

dhj4cb417ud12zcfg.jpg

PLEASE...

Check up the quest, if you want. And if you can taste the love, that I put in... rate it good, so I can rock the german Foundry-scene - Hehe. I thank you so much. And god bless all the cool guys and girls over here, who helped me with all the problems. You are so kind and cool!

Love & Bye!

OGGBROX
    Quests I like to share:

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Loved this! :D Your maps are amazing, great detail. Your characters are also great. You put so much work into this, it looks great.

Well, now i'm going to have to go ahead and spend the money on Rosetta Stone and learn German, so i will know what's going on in your quests. ;)

Sending you a forum private message with a question and note.
  • pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am sad because I feel that quite a bit was lost on me as I cannot read German. However, I thought your environments were awesome. I can tell you put a lot of time into this. :) I had some trouble finding the cave because I think there was a description that I couldn't read, but once I figured it out I actually thought it was really clever. Nicely done. :)

Your cave environments were fantastic. I also really loved the party at the end. I definitely felt like a hero. I loved that part where the hero could chicken taunt a certain someone at the end. :)

You can play my quest if you want to. My information is in my signature. Part 2 needs reviewing more than Part 1. You can leave me some feedback on this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?369081-Now-trading-reviews-for-The-Secret-to-Paradise-Part-2-Into-the-Mist

Thanks for the fun quest. :)
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
    edited June 2013
    I hope, it is Okay, if I post some extra-screenies!

8elwd38n6el53xdfg.jpg

xh3in15dmw1iw17fg.jpg

wyrqsoibimbni6cfg.jpg

1aypumch9ka3vbsfg.jpg
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Loved this! Your maps are amazing, great detail. Your characters are also great. You put so much work into this, it looks great.

Merci for these kind words. It's a great honour for me to hear these words out of Kolde's mouth. *proud grin*
    pris23 wrote: »
    I am sad because I feel that quite a bit was lost on me as I cannot read German. However, I thought your environments were awesome. I can tell you put a lot of time into this. I had some trouble finding the cave because I think there was a description that I couldn't read, but once I figured it out I actually thought it was really clever. Nicely done.

Thank you! The waterfall-cavern is in the middle of the waterfall, at the right side. The description tells you, that those rocks are fresh-fallen, so the entrance must be "above". *g*
    Your cave environments were fantastic. I also really loved the party at the end. I definitely felt like a hero. I loved that part where the hero could chicken taunt a certain someone at the end.

The "certain someone" is Thumbwrack Jack, the "Igor"-like assisant of Yall Bundur. He is ready to be delivered into the Neverwinter-Prison. Hehe. You can also dance on the carpet and chill out in the thermo-grot!
    You can play my quest if you want to. My information is in my signature. Part 2 needs reviewing more than Part 1. You can leave me some feedback on this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?369081-Now-trading-reviews-for-The-Secret-to-Paradise-Part-2-Into-the-Mist

Yeah! It was pretty cool - see my post!

Thanks to Kolde and Pris! You make me happy! *g*
    Quests I like to share:

• karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This is a new experience for me, playing an adventure and not knowing what on earth is going on. I am really enjoying the look of the village map though - I WANT A SWIMMING POOL lol.

I did run into one problem. At the gate behind Safari, my companion went Chuck Norris on the monsters on the other side. Of course the silly girl died, but then Anton wanted revenge and made it impossible for me to interact with anything and I couldn't get him to stand down. I took the opportunity to have a wander around - loving the (secret?) bar, the stained glass window - your village map has a really unique feel to it with lots of visual interest.

After 10 minutes or so everyone had calmed down and I managed to get the things I needed to open the gate (no idea what I am picking up lol. The wee graveyard was a surprise, what fun when you can't read the dialogue and have no idea if people take kindly to you or not, and I loved the grotto map.

I love interactables, but the downside is they take up an awful lot of precious inventory space. I ended up with 9 at one point and had to discard other stuff I was carrying around to make room. Admittedly, not being able to read the text meant I was never sure what I had used and what I no longer needed, so this may not be an issue too much for players reading in their own language.

The final celebration map was again really well designed.

From the PoV of not knowing the story, there was a dark, fairy-tale feel to your maps and characters. Very en vogue

I'm so sorry that I can't give more feedback than "great maps". Perhaps one day this adventure will be translated and I can enjoy it all over again.

Thanks Oggbrox
  • sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to try it and see if the German I learned in college is still in my brain... somewhere.
    edited July 2013
    @ karitr: Thanks again for your review, man! Already talked to you per PM. I didn't understand what you mean by "Anton went Chuck Norris"... but yesterday I played my quest with a friend... and really... Anton warped into the camp of the Breed - through the wall - and chaos broke out! **** K.I.! Also one of the fire-golems in the forge jumped high across the map in the lava again... that sucks.

@ sphecida: Thanks to you, too! I'm happy about your good rating. And it's cool that you tried to read the german stuff. THX! :)
    Quests I like to share:

• sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    I have to say, the only thing I didn't love about your quest was feeling like I should just trash my story and start over. Everything about your project was so whimsical, surprising and fun that I felt completely absorbed in it. If I didn't manage to understand all the words, I caught the humor of the dialogues and the strange twists and turns in the story. I absolutely loved how you made odd pieces work so well together! But I need to know: what IS THAT STUFF dripping from the house? :O

uw5g.jpg

The pool exercises made me laugh so hard - my mother just signed up for a water aerobics class and raves about it every time she goes.

I also took this shot, because I adore those two nutty characters in the back:

kz91.jpg

and it shows just how awesome your maps are. I wish I'd taken a picture of the tavern. The kitchen alone blew me away! I should hire you to do something with the cheap bedrooms in mine. :D

German just has awesome words, too, like "Knorpfelkin" and "Schimpansenbube" (I hope I spelled those right). It's the perfect language for fairy tales.

PS: thanks for making the combat interesting and not too difficult for this level 17 cleric.
    edited July 2013
    sphecida wrote: »
    I have to say, the only thing I didn't love about your quest was feeling like I should just trash my story and start over. Everything about your project was so whimsical, surprising and fun that I felt completely absorbed in it.

There is one thing I should mention: I had a LOAD of time the last month. Sometimes I worked 10 hours a day (!) on the quest. So... I really got the pleasure, to go deep into detail. For example the first waterfall-cavern, you can enter... it took me 6 hours, I think, to build this part. And ingame you need 3 seconds to go through it. Not everyone is so insane, to put this effort into a little piece of the map, that is, in theory, "pointless". Not everyone got the time to do such things. It cost me a great amount of time and toil to build my quest. You don't need to trash your quest. Be happy, that you are not such an insane dude like me. lol

No. Really. Thanks for your kind words. They are showing me, that I've done a good job. Thank you.
    I need to know: what IS THAT STUFF dripping from the house?

uw5g.jpg

Uh... this is.... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. And <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    What it is called in english? Outhouse? Privy? Long drop? :)
    The excretions of Lou made the flowers grow like crazy. Hehe.
    The pool exercises made me laugh so hard - my mother just signed up for a water aerobics class and raves about it every time she goes.

Haha! You conjured a smile on my face! :)
    And it shows just how awesome your maps are. I wish I'd taken a picture of the tavern. The kitchen alone blew me away! I should hire you to do something with the cheap bedrooms in mine.

Thank you so much. Your feedback is a great honour for me.
    German just has awesome words, too, like "Knorpfelkin" and "Schimpansenbube" (I hope I spelled those right). It's the perfect language for fairy tales.

Knorpelkinn and Schimpansenbube! lol! Jeah, right! Sometimes I think, the german language is a ruff one... like Rammstein-Lyrics... this kind of stuff. But at the other hand it can be really beautiful. It's cool to read the Lord Of The Rings in german... yes, it fits pretty good into fantasy / fairy tales.
    PS: thanks for making the combat interesting and not too difficult for this level 17 cleric.

Wasn't it too easy, even for your cleric? I also got a cleric! At Lvl 18! And I noted, that the quest is a piece of cake. Actually I wanted to make the combats a little bit challenging, but I've heard, that hard mobs are too intense for endlvl-chars... I deleted 2 groups of hard mobs. But now I realize... it's totally easy! But.. who cares... it's about RP and atmosphere. :)

THX again for your feedback! It builds me up... my quest only got 16 plays yet. But some nice words (like yours) can trigger mircacles and make people happy. *bow*
    Quests I like to share:

edited July 2013
    oggbrox wrote: »
    What it is called in english? Outhouse? Privy? Long drop? :)
    The excretions of Lou made the flowers grow like crazy. Hehe.

It's a good thing that I didn't stand under it then! I should have realized it when I saw all those flowers.
    Knorpelkinn and Schimpansenbube! lol! Jeah, right! Sometimes I think, the german language is a ruff one... like Rammstein-Lyrics... this kind of stuff. But at the other hand it can be really beautiful. It's cool to read the Lord Of The Rings in german... yes, it fits pretty good into fantasy / fairy tales.

You know, growing up, I just heard German in movies, and they always made it sound harsh - the people were always yelling or giving orders. But after I learned to speak it and chatted with more German people (and saw movies made in German, not American movies with German characters) I think it sounds lovely and can be soft, too. Plus, it has words like Schmetterling and Puppenkiste!

Wasn't it too easy, even for your cleric? I also got a cleric! At Lvl 18! And I noted, that the quest is a piece of cake. Actually I wanted to make the combats a little bit challenging, but I've heard, that hard mobs are too intense for endlvl-chars... I deleted 2 groups of hard mobs. But now I realize... it's totally easy! But.. who cares... it's about RP and atmosphere. :)

It was easy, just the way I like it! I hate dying. I really, really hate feeling like I don't even have a chance in some battles (room with 40 undead in it, for instance). And I like that it didn't dominate the story. So I would say it was just right. :)
  • shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    I tried to have a look at this one but I can't find it even using the shortcode, unless I am being dense.

Or did you take it down to work on?

All the best.
    edited July 2013
    @ sphecida: I think, you speak about all the american movies with german <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-like folks in it. It's the same with the russians: In every movie they are brutal animals who speak like snarling monsters. It's sad in some kind of way.

Schmetterling and Puppenkiste. Yes, sweet words. :)

And, yes... i hate to die, too! ;)

@ shefenhow: Hey! Perhaps you didn't selected the right language? In the best-tab under "german"! Have tried it some seconds before, and it worked. Hope, you have fun, even if you can't understand anything. Just relax in front of the waterfall. :)
    Quests I like to share:

edited July 2013

@ shefenhow: Hey! Perhaps you didn't selected the right language? In the best-tab under "german"! Have tried it some seconds before, and it worked. Hope, you have fun, even if you can't understand anything. Just relax in front of the waterfall. :)

Yes, you have to select the language to find it.
  • shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Well now I feel silly lol. I will take a look later when the shards are back, sorry about that. Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlect, but we can give it a go!

Screenshots look awesome by the way.
    edited July 2013
    Hey Ogg, if you would translate this quest into English, I'd be glad to help! I would love to see more people play it. :)
    edited July 2013
    Hey Ogg, if you would translate this quest into English, I'd be glad to help! I would love to see more people play it. :)

Hey! :cool:

That sounds awesome. The problem is: You can't duplicate a quest, right? I think, it's bugged.
    Quests I like to share:

edited July 2013
    You can! I had trouble with it, but I logged out and back in, and it fixed itself. So, what happened is that I duplicated the quest, and then I could not see the maps. But after a relog, they were there. It might just take a few tries.