test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD Rewards... AD Rewards, Everywhere.

vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I understand that this is meant to balance P2W, but this is what attracts bots to play in all the aspects of the game that give rewards that are profitable. :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
Post edited by vold316 on

Comments

• silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Eh, it's easier to just buy Zen and convert it to AD whenever you need something from auction.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Eh, it's easier to just buy Zen and convert it to AD whenever you need something from auction.

You don't get it do you? The purpose of bots is to farm AD then sell it for real money.:rolleyes:

That's why they farm every single aspect of the game to obtain AD, then sell AD for real money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can't make real money from AD.
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Tell that to the ones selling them for real money If it could't be done do you think they would invest all the time and effort into makeing all thso accouts to spam zone chat with there offers
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two things, in order to GET AD with Zen, someone has to sell AD FOR Zen.

As for selling AD for Cash (i.e. outside of the Zen market) that is against TOS and ban-able offense.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
    edited July 2013
    503c1137afa96f6e5400063e.jpg
    Bots farm every single aspect of the game, then they translate it into real money via the illegal way; also bots do not care about TOS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Bots don't care about TOS.

That is true, that is why it is up to Cryptic to find out way to stop them or make it less enticing. The problem is that AD are being "traded and used" NOT by normal means (sell AD for Cash and not trading AD for Zen) this DOES hurt PWE pocket book because AD/ZEN ration is off due to less AD being pump INTO ZEN market.
    edited July 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    That is true, that is why it is up to Cryptic to find out way to stop them or make it less enticing. The problem is that AD are being "traded and used" NOT by normal means (sell AD for Cash and not trading AD for Zen) this DOES hurt PWE pocket book because AD/ZEN ration is off due to less AD being pump INTO ZEN market.

Exactly.

My point is that every single aspect of this game is enticing for bot users, and that's the reason why they are everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    Exactly.

My point is that every single aspect of this game is enticing for bot users, and that's the reason why they are everywhere.

We don't have this kind of issue (at least I don't see sellers/scammer in STO which is also PWE/Cryptic game)
    The only difference is.... AH is running with AD instead of gold. STO AH ran with Energy Credit (same as gold) and not dilithium (same as AD)
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Who would want to play a game where the important in game currency isn't earned through in game actions, but only available through zen?

Not me that's for sure.
  • vampman06vampman06 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    That is true, that is why it is up to Cryptic to find out way to stop them or make it less enticing.

this is relation to the bot problem. not just in PvP but as in general

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?350381-Thx-for-allowing-the-bots-to-ruin-PvP&p=4714032&viewfull=1#post4714032
    edited July 2013
    vampman06 wrote: »

yea. I understand that. The issue is that WHY there is a bot issue.

It is like Game industry is pouring millions into DRM tech because of pirates and I feel a lot of time the game makers are not looking WHY people pirates.

Why do people bot?
    - easy way to earn something
    - mission are repetitive so it is EASY to bot.
    - There is a market for bot (High AD prices to require AD)
    - The main currency in Auction uses that currency (in this case AD)

the last one really baffles me. STO use refined dilithium for a lot of projects like Bases, buying high end gear BUT they are not use in Auction house.
    NW changes that by using AD in auction house. Tier item are BoE promote it even more. This creates a market for people NEED a high level of AD. The proverb from "Bots" 'See a need, fill a need' there is a need for AD and lots of it. The AH allows PLAYERS to trade AD from one account to another (with a fee) so unlike STO, there is a WAY to transfer AD from one player to another. STO doesn't have this issue.

Since PvP item is also BoE, then you have bots to farm it (even losing get rewarded) so there is need for that (also PvP item can be use in PvP so another market to filled.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Bots inflate the games economy, why do you think all the prices on CN gear are slowing increasing up to 1m. It's not because there is a huge demand and low supply for it(market is flooded with T2 gear), if anything it should be dropping in price. I just checked the Zen/AD conversion and it's 2000zen for 650k AD, now if you compare that to what those zone spamming bots are offering you'll be getting 1.2m AD. At this rate the rich will keep getting richer while new players will just keep getting poor. Don't you want this game to be accessible to new players? :(

At this rate the game will be exclusive to pay to win players.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Not to seem rude, but please Never let a Gold Farmer read this statement. If their is a form of currency that can be farmed, trust me their are people working out ways to sale virtual world currency for real world currency.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Where are you getting this information from? There are plenty of AD farmers making money from AD.

money_farmer_2.166223601.gif
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP, what's your solution? I certainly hope that it wouldn't remove my ability to earn AD in-game in various ways (after all, I've managed to gain 7k+ zen via the AD exchange, without botting or afk pvping or any of that. A bit of invoking, a bit of crafting, a bit of auctioning).
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I was told that AD was bound to your account and could only be traded to another player via 2 ways:
    1. buying something from them in the AH
    2. buying their zen in the exchange.

Am I missing something here?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    taltamir wrote: »
    I was told that AD was bound to your account and could only be traded to another player via buying something from them in the AH or buying their zen in the exchange.

Sure, if you could just gift AD to people then they could be selling it for real money, but AFAIK you can't gift AD... or can you?

If I understand it correctly, they trade the AD via the auction house.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    taltamir wrote: »
    I was told that AD was bound to your account and could only be traded to another player via 2 ways:
    1. buying something from them in the AH
    2. buying their zen in the exchange.

Am I missing something here?

Yes.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    OP, what's your solution? I certainly hope that it wouldn't remove my ability to earn AD in-game in various ways (after all, I've managed to gain 7k+ zen via the AD exchange, without botting or afk pvping or any of that. A bit of invoking, a bit of crafting, a bit of auctioning).

Well, I don't think it's easy to solve this. But, what comes to my mind is to track down all aspects of the game that give profitable rewards for the bots and find the way to get rid of them even if it means reducing the AD income for non-bot players, because in long term, it will benefit the non-bot players.
    That solution does not get rid of all the farming bots, but some aspects of the game will be bot free, for instance - PvP.

The real problem of bots is that they screw up the economy in long term (even worse, since the economy is already messed up thanks to the AD exploit that happened in open beta, the effect of the bots is even worse), but in this game they also kill the fun because players have to deal with them in all the aspects of the game from which they can make profits (for example, PvP).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Instead of finding ways to stop bots from earning AD, go straight to the root of the problem. Without people buying their gold/ad they would have too much in stock. They'll most likely use their computer resources to farm another game that is more profitable. So really, Cryptic should dedicate one staff to monitor all in game transactions via trade and AH(like most mmorpgs that care about their game's economy).
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand that this is meant to balance P2W, but this is what attracts bots to play in all the aspects of the game that give rewards that are profitable. :confused:

If it wasn't AD it would be gear... if it weren't gear it would be power leveling....if it weren't that it'd be...selling accounts.... the list goes on and on.... there is no fix.

It's in every game that I've ever played...
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    even if it means reducing the AD income for non-bot players.

Yeah, thought that's what this thread would eventually be about.

Your idea sucks.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited July 2013
    Instead of finding ways to stop bots from earning AD, go straight to the root of the problem. Without people buying their gold/ad they would have too much in stock. They most likely use their computer resources to farm another game. So really, Cryptic should dedicate one staff to monitor all in game transactions via trade and AH(like most mmorpgs that care about their game's economy).

Well, they are already doing this and look at the results. Also, I disagree with your view as what is the root of the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    If it wasn't AD it would be gear... if it weren't gear it would be power leveling....if it weren't that it'd be...selling accounts.... the list goes on and on.... there is no fix.

It's in every game that I've ever played...

I understand your point, and I don't think that this would solve the bot problem. But this would at least take them out of PvP, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They could implement a CAPCHA or w/e it's called, which pops up if your behaviors are found to be too patterned. They could adjust the skill nodes so their placement is random. Totally eliminate he ability to go AFk in PvP - you are aren't actually fighting the other side, then no rewards at all. You can lose and still get rewards, but make it so you have to participate. Similarly, implement a simple CAPCHA for each new task on the Gateway, to address botting there.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I understand your point, and I don't think that this would solve the bot problem. But this would at least take them out of PvP, etc.

No the fix would be that AND make everything BOP and kill the AH altogether and forget tradeskills too... unless you could tradeskill something then post it in AH and the first person to get it would bind with it... there is an idea... then no more bots...I think... maybe...probably not
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    No the fix would be that AND make everything BOP and kill the AH altogether and forget tradeskills too... unless you could tradeskill something then post it in AH and the first person to get it would bind with it... there is an idea... then no more bots...I think... maybe...probably not
    Sure you can kill all interaction between players to combat bots and kill the game also, but ...
    Still bots leveling up getting all gear then selling account to losers who are really responsible for bots existence. Same people who get hacked then act all innocent.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They could implement a CAPCHA or w/e it's called, which pops up if your behaviors are found to be too patterned. They could adjust the skill nodes so their placement is random. Totally eliminate he ability to go AFk in PvP - you are aren't actually fighting the other side, then no rewards at all. You can lose and still get rewards, but make it so you have to participate. Similarly, implement a simple CAPCHA for each new task on the Gateway, to address botting there.

and another one thats like 10 years late

bots cn solve captches, captchas are only there to annoy real people and nothing more
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

WoW bot farms hire people in 3rd world countries for practically nothing (more than they make goat herding) to just sit in front of the computer, their only job is to answer capchas when they pop up, and if a GM comes up as says "hey, you have been harvesting non stop for a while, are you a real person" answer yes and be human enough to dissuade them.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    If I understand it correctly, they trade the AD via the auction house.
    So, someone pays them real money, and then they list an underpriced item on the AH and hope that the right person gets it?
    mmm.. no wait, I can see it now. the person who bought the the AD must be listing a trash item for 1 million AD and then the botter buys it. This should be easy enough to track, spot, and ban accounts for.

And can also be stopped by making the AH work like the exchange.