test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game is dead?

deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How come u can sit in pve queues for hours and never get a run started?

I know people avoid pugs but 3 hour queues? why? is it possible there are not 5 people out of everyone on a shard that queues up to that dungeon?

I have come to a point that i dont care if we are able to kill the end boss or not, i just want to play, but u cant even get a run started. Even in a guild, that seems to be dying by the hour, close to 12k gs, nothing helps, u just end up sitting in enclave trying to figure out something to do. i feel <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from playing this game, never been this bored in my life from any game that i have played ever.
Post edited by dekno on

Comments

• johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the game is alive its just that people dont use que, try zone chat.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not every guild is going to flourish. This is especially true for the ones who invite every random person they pass. If you like the guild thing I'd say the best advice is to shop around for a new one. I'm sure there are some out there with a steady core user base.
  • mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    not enough elf.
    need moor elf.
    that or its nubs that dont join the queue and just spam "LFG blah blah blah 11.5kGS etc.".
    a quick fix (aside from making a better queue system) is restricting access to dungeons via the queue system only. you could still join as party but it has to be via the "q"
    but all will be fixed when we get the new elves.
    edited July 2013
    mardeab83 wrote: »
    not enough elf.
    need moor elf.
    that or its nubs that dont join the queue and just spam "LFG blah blah blah 11.5kGS etc.".
    a quick fix (aside from making a better queue system) is restricting access to dungeons via the queue system only. you could still join as party but it has to be via the "q"
    but all will be fixed when we get the new elves.

restricting access would be nice, but what if there will be 4 TRs and 1 DC in the party? :p
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Man, its almost as if ..... cryptic released some kind of new content that everyone is busying themselves with at the moment. Hrmm.
    edited July 2013
    try foundries too. there are some which have good storyline
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Game is fine, we're just avoiding you.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Game is fine, we're just avoiding you.

rude, but made me laugh lol
    edited July 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    rude, but made me laugh lol

Well, game is literally still running & OP is obviously trying to run dungeons that almost nobody runs. (Like Grey wolf den.)

Also a problem with Neverwinter's queue system is that it always try to find 1 GF + 1 DC before it even starts a party.
    Won't accept GWF in place of a GF.

Should recode the queue to accept:
    1 GF + 1 DC
    OR
    1 GWF + 1 DC
    OR
    2 CW + 1 DC

before it starts a party.
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it's almost like...but it's not. No one cares about GG.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    doesn't one have to be in a guild to "enjoy" the new content (i.e. you have to like playing with other people and have a brown proboscis?)
    I don't play well with others... so whats the point in playing a MMO you ask?
    I like to feel better about myself, I get that from pwning face!
    edited July 2013
    mardeab83 wrote: »
    doesn't one have to be in a guild to "enjoy" the new content (i.e. you have to like playing with other people and have a brown proboscis?)
    I don't play well with others... so whats the point in playing a MMO you ask?
    I like to feel better about myself, I get that from pwning face!

^('-')
    This.
    Me myself regularly solo gauntlygrym content. (Just enter alone, PUG for 3rd phase)
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Time for a shards merge...
    edited July 2013
    Time for a shards merge...

If we merge the shards....would we get a crystal?
    .-.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw long wait times in the queues both during the beta weekends, and in the first few days of 'open beta' as well.

Surely during these periods, people weren't avoiding the LFG queues?

I suspect that there is some ineffecient code / process within the LFG queue code that isn't working properly and is causing increased waiting times. I'd like to say it's some kind of class-matching system, but I've waited 45 minutes to get in a dungeon only to join with no cleric, two players drop within a minute or so and get instantly replaced by two clerics!!

Should be easy enough to test - get a group of 5 together - then get them all to join the queue at the same time. If the LFG queue is working, you should all get invited to the dungeon in seconds??
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Queues are funny... even when full party applies they need 1 minute to figure out it's full party and sometimes they replace someone in party for no reason.
  • surfaksurfak Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    They could adjust skirmishes to 3 party que system and tone it down. As it is hardly anyone que's for skirmishes. Only dungeon que's that are fairly fast (<30mins) are usually Cloak Tower/Crypt but then again somedays it just won't que b/c no one doing them. For dungeons past those you'll have a hard time ever que'ing one but that's a good thing b/c failure rate would be high ...

Guild for dungeons is almost a must + zone lfg is becoming the norm. Save Rhix's daily dungeon for Epic. Don't abandon them. At level 60 you only get to repeat dread vault which is a shame.

Queue for dungeons says 'estimated play time' 45min (both epic and non-epic, except cn..) maybe if cryptic made each dungeon doable in that time VIA pugs randomly assigned w/ bad gear, w/ no experience it wouldnt be so bad i guess. Fortenantly i've been in a few good t1/t2 queue runs and after building up a nice friends list there is no problem finding a group. Being in a guild helps but mainly I rely on friends list in conjunction with zone chat.
  • myth1064myth1064 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    If we merge the shards....would we get a crystal?
    .-.

We would get a Lesser Shard of Queueing.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    Hours might also be related, quitting and coming back at a different hour makes a big difference.
    If you are playing at a hour where the "patching files" that happen whenever you go to a zone goes at several mbps there is nobody on.
    If it goes at dial up speed then the server is bustling.

That being said, my last 6 attempts (1-4am CST) resulted in 5 offers for a 3 person party and 1 offer for 4 person.
    I accepted those the first 3 times but the moment it started the other players quit when they noticed its only 3 people.

If the other people rejected the match they did so in a fraction of a second because it was showing 2 red circles instantly... Speaking of, I wish it was possible to automatically requeue if anyone rejects joining.

EDIT: I just noticed the time of the original post... "Today, 02:21 AM". Today being monday. People have work or school tomorrow.
    myth1064 wrote: »
    We would get a Lesser Shard of Queueing.
    is there a 99% chance of one of the shards being destroyed?
    edited July 2013
    anyway whats the real meaning of OP?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game tries to make a party with a bit of everything. If there are 25 rogues and 50 GWFs in the queue it won't pop, the game is waiting for CWs and especially GFs. If you find your queueing time too long, i suggest you roll another class, dps classes rarely get a spot. I recommend a CW or a GF, they are in high demand these days. You may not enjoy the DC queueing time too, there are too many of them currently.
  • myth1064myth1064 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    taltamir wrote: »
    is there a 99% chance of one of the shards being destroyed?

Aye, lad. You'll be needin' a Coalescent Ward ta properly fuse these shards...
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The game tries to make a party with a bit of everything. If there are 25 rogues and 50 GWFs in the queue it won't pop, the game is waiting for CWs and especially GFs. If you find your queueing time too long, i suggest you roll another class, dps classes rarely get a spot. I recommend a CW or a GF, they are in high demand these days. You may not enjoy the DC queueing time too, there are too many of them currently.

I have been unable to form a party during the same time as the op with a CW. I still hold this is due to the fact its 2AM on a monday.
  • surfaksurfak Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    Like OP and taltamir, re-rolling won't help. I've done gf, cw 60, gwf, dc 60 and tr. Long queues for all of them at low level stuff, so bad that I don't even bother once I'm past level 30.

I play various times of the day but it seems lately that GG has substantially drawn away players from the other queues. Go to tower district and you'll randomly see people asking for Cloak Tower party ... typical response is just press K and que ... such great advise when they were already que'd up and nothing was happening.
  • drakonadrgoradrakonadrgora Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Strange I never have a problem finding anyone for a skirmish or dungeon crawl. I que up, and within about 5 minutes or less have a party going and it goes pretty much with out any problems. But then again I am a guardian fighter, which the game seems to wait for since the GF is the basic tank in this game.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My GF queues always seem to be a minute at most, and Dc is pretty fast too.
  • lupinionlupinion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I player a lot of MMORPGs, this game is new and very alive, just need to keep going on and for sure we will have a lot of updates. Just hope we get some Fort to defend and conquest working Guilds vs Guilds. Thats whats bring more ppl to game and keep it alive.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter is not dead yet, but playing it makes me wish I were dead.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Neverwinter is not dead yet, but playing it makes me wish I were dead.

Given the quality of your posts, I am certain that you are not the only one who wishes you were dead.....