test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.28

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Patch on NeverwinterPreview as of 5:45PM PDT on 6/28.

Foundry
  • Support for Italian, Turkish, and Polish locales has been added to Foundry Search and Publish.

Items
  • Savage Enchantment: Wearing two of the exact same Rank of this Enchant in the same slot type (for example, 2 Rank 1 Enchants in Offense Slots) will now stack properly.

PvP
  • The Rivenscar Ruins map has been updated to seal off any remaining issues with spawn point camping.

Professions
  • All of the new potion types produced with Alchemy will now show up for sale on the Auction House. This includes Flasks of Potency, Flasks of Power, Potions of Stamina, Potions of Power and all of the Distilled Healing potions
  • The minimum required level for Major Flasks of Potency and Major Flasks of Protection has been increased to 60.

Quests and Environments
Pirates' Skyhold
  • Lair of the Pirate King: Bartholomew Blackdagger has found his anchor and can once again be fought.

Gauntlgrym
  • Gauntlgrym events no longer show as "Unlocking soon."

UI
  • Character History / Inspect History: There's now an Edit / Save button. The History / Bio should no longer reset on logout / login.
  • Character History / Inspect History: If a description is invalid when attempting to save, an error message is now thrown.
  • Character History / Inspect History: Line breaks are now preserved when entering text in this field.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    PvP
    • The Rivenscar Ruins map has been updated to seal off any remaining issues with spawn point camping.

Yay. Someone in the forums also said people can get into the Hotenow one. I haven't seen that myself but it might be possible since people could jump up along the wall ledge rather than using a teleport ability.
  • eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    how about preventing people from reaching spawn points in gauntlgrym pvp? :D 15+ players on your own campfire = fun.
  • critmecritme Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about fixing the bugs, which you placed in last patch please?

-No finishing of dungeonrun- quests anymore.
    -You can not loot Questitems(which get droped by mobs) anymore
    -Rhixs quests cant be finished anymore. Same as Dungeon bug.
    -You can not see questitemnames which got droped anymore(if you are walking at them then they just will disapear.
    The security bag(for loot which is won etc. but which is to much for the bags) isnt collecting them anymore to.

i am sure there are more bugs.

Or do an rolback to before the "great" update which already was bugged at the Testserver.
    Or dont let the 1 who decided to bring this .. live decide this anymore.

And the biggest one: The ingame support isnt accepting tickets(no ticket ever in history).
    The official german support is never answering.

So i test the en version now.

Version : German
    Server : Mindflyer

Thanks in advance

/edit: but thank you for fixing the forum bugs 502, the ingame f key bug and that i couldnt reply / post here anymore.
  • kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    UI
    • Character History / Inspect History: There's now an Edit / Save button. The History / Bio should no longer reset on logout / login.
    • Character History / Inspect History: If a description is invalid when attempting to save, an error message is now thrown.
    • Character History / Inspect History: Line breaks are now preserved when entering text in this field.

BUG: When editing, the cursor does not move from where it is visually, though if I start typing it shows up where the cursor should be. This makes it very difficult to edit my bio.

BUG: HTML tags do not work AT ALL now. They did before (and work in CO) and it's very nice to have them to format our bios. Please return this function. I have a thread where I documented which HTML tags were working in NW's bios. That post can be found at this link.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you either make Gauntlgrym pop more often (ie: 1.5 - 2 hour rotation) or just make it so the PvP is available 24/7. GG is so much more interesting than domination PvP.
  • a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013

UI

Really? Who cares about stupid history? Stop wasting time for fixing things that none even use. Focus on major class bugs!!
  • milailjamilailja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a2ur wrote: »
    Really? Who cares about stupid history? Stop wasting time for fixing things that none even use. Focus on major class bugs!!

For example I care, so stop talking for someone else.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    BUG: When editing, the cursor does not move from where it is visually, though if I start typing it shows up where the cursor should be. This makes it very difficult to edit my bio.

BUG: HTML tags do not work AT ALL now. They did before (and work in CO) and it's very nice to have them to format our bios. Please return this function. I have a thread where I documented which HTML tags were working in NW's bios. That post can be found at this link.

I'll confirm all of this, it really would be nice to have the cursor in the right place & html tags working again.
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013

You don't care, but that does'nt mean no one cares.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The people who fix UI issues are not the same guys who would work on powers.
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, when will Savage Enchants actually work? It's not a stacking issue, they apply no benefit.

Easy test, take of everything but where you have the enchant, it doesn't add at all.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Speak for yourself not for me, I care and do use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Speak for yourself not for me, I care and do use it.

I don't use it, but care about it. At the heart of this game is D&D, character sheet development has always been part of it.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »
    So, when will Savage Enchants actually work? It's not a stacking issue, they apply no benefit.

Easy test, take of everything but where you have the enchant, it doesn't add at all.

I tried that. I took everything off. Equipped one item with an open enhancement slot and then put in a rank 5 savage enhancement. The stats that were supposed to go up by slotting in the enhancement went up. Tried it both with an offensive slot and a defensive slot.

Maybe give more details on what item and what rank savage enhancement are giving you issues.
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I tried that. I took everything off. Equipped one item with an open enhancement slot and then put in a rank 5 savage enhancement. The stats that were supposed to go up by slotting in the enhancement went up. Tried it both with an offensive slot and a defensive slot.

Maybe give more details on what item and what rank savage enhancement are giving you issues.

Just a Amulet, Gambler's Fortune Buff = 150, Amulet has 31 on it
    withoutsavage_zps6120b84c.png

Amulet with a Savage in it (Rank 4, 50 Crit/50 aP)
    withsavage_zps9f86ab8a.png

Here is the amulet, and the Gambler buff went off.

amulet_zps12afc816.png

I should be 81Crit/50aP with this configuration.

For the grins of it, I did a Rank 5 too

rank5savage_zps416dc3a5.png
    edited June 2013
    Tried two amulets. Grand Exorcist's necklace of blessings and Assassin's Amulet (bought from the Manticore Seal vendor). It worked on the exorcist's necklace, but got no bonus from the savage enhancement on the Assassin's.

So then I bought several different amulets from the unicorn vendor and one from the drake vendor. All of those worked.

More testing to follow.

Edit: Tested a few more necklaces that I had in my bank. Cloak of the Illithid, Mantle of the Host Tower, House Xorlarrin Cloak, and Cloak of the Half-orc. All of them are either blue or green, though of various levels. All the necklaces that have worked for me so far have been purple.
    edited June 2013
    Though it looks like it works with my weapon

weapon_zps2781327a.png

252+80 = 332
    edited June 2013
    Tried two amulets. Grand Exorcist's necklace of blessings and Assassin's Amulet (bought from the Manticore Seal vendor). It worked on the exorcist's necklace, but got no bonus from the savage enhancement on the Assassin's.

So then I bought several different amulets from the unicorn vendor and one from the drake vendor. All of those worked.

More testing to follow.

Edit: Tested a few more necklaces that I had in my bank. Cloak of the Illithid, Mantle of the Host Tower, House Xorlarrin Cloak, and Cloak of the Half-orc. All of them are either blue or green, though of various levels. All the necklaces that have worked for me so far have been purple.

I'm happy you got measurable results. Don't have enough AD on my test character to do much testing :(
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »
    I'm happy you got measurable results. Don't have enough AD on my test character to do much testing :(

Make multiple copies of your character. That is what I do.

Did a few more tests.

Belt - purple belt gets the bonus from the enhancement, blue belt doesn't. Both were 60.

Dagger - both blue and purple dagger get the bonus.

Armor - green, blue, and purple all get the bonus.

Ring - blue and purple both work.

If a dev wants more details on exactly what items I used feel free to ask.
    edited June 2013
    Make multiple copies of your character. That is what I do.

Did a few more tests.

Belt - purple belt gets the bonus from the enhancement, blue belt doesn't. Both were 60.

Dagger - both blue and purple dagger get the bonus.

Armor - green, blue, and purple all get the bonus.

Ring - blue and purple both work.

If a dev wants more details on exactly what items I used feel free to ask.

LOL, I didn't even know you could copy yourself multiple times. So it appears to be hit and miss depending on what the item is. Though, I don't know why.

I hope a dev is looking at this thread.

They should give you "Patch Tester" title :)
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    UI

mine just reset again oh well at least i know that next patch it gets fixed
  • darshuhotdarshuhot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In the next patch, please, use some tactics for the bosses, I'm tired of 1 boss and 10000 ads to kill, all the bosses the same thing. Thanks.
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited July 2013
    So Rhix is still broken? Is this the countermeasure to the upcoming 2x Astral Diamond Event?
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    daethx wrote: »
    Can you either make Gauntlgrym pop more often (ie: 1.5 - 2 hour rotation) or just make it so the PvP is available 24/7. GG is so much more interesting than domination PvP.

I wish they just allowed random queueing for that PvP part (or Gauntlgrym as a whole). The current options are just so limiting.

In fact, the entire system of semi-regular events could use some rethinking. It keeps people from doing things when they want to do them - hardly anyone bothers with dungeons when an extra chest isn't available, and skirmishes/PvP seem less popular without the AD/Glory bonus on.
    I recognize that this might have some use in case of Gaunt (so it's easier for guilds to actually sync when they are to square off), but other than that it's doing more harm than good to the game.

Professions
    • All of the new potion types produced with Alchemy will now show up for sale on the Auction House. This includes Flasks of Potency, Flasks of Power, Potions of Stamina, Potions of Power and all of the Distilled Healing potions

Now if you could be so kind to make Identification Scrolls show up on the Auction House again. This was broken (or disabled for some weird reason) a while ago (around the live launch or slightly before). Ever since that time I can't even locate my own auction if I put a scroll up for sale, and it used to work just fine.
    healhappy wrote: »
    So Rhix is still broken? Is this the countermeasure to the upcoming 2x Astral Diamond Event?

Hmm. What exactly is broken?
    edited July 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    Hmm. What exactly is broken?

Every pre lvl 60 dungeon and skirmish dailies starting from previous few patches are no longer completable. Tested from Frozen Heart until Temple of Spider myself and every skirmish tied to those maps.
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    Really, I was wondering why one could post Identification scrolls on the auctionhouse but was not able to find them on there. So I stopped wasting AD's putting them on. Instead I just went out and used them up or sent to friends
  • marcus0920marcus0920 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    darshuhot wrote: »
    In the next patch, please, use some tactics for the bosses, I'm tired of 1 boss and 10000 ads to kill, all the bosses the same thing. Thanks.

This. If the number of adds spawning on most epic bosses is as intended, it's horrendous design.

If it's a bug with spawn intervals, fix it.

The purpose of adds on a boss fight should be to add complexity by forcing the group to divide attention. As currently is, the function of adds on boss fights is to add wizards by forcing the group to pop AS at every possible opportunity.
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    healhappy wrote: »
    Every pre lvl 60 dungeon and skirmish dailies starting from previous few patches are no longer completable. Tested from Frozen Heart until Temple of Spider myself and every skirmish tied to those maps.

Oh, I thought that was intended. With a level 37 character I had several "Daily Skirmish" and "Daily Dungeon" quests in my journal now. Except the earlier ones are for the skirmishes and dungeons I've outlevelled. The ones I had for my current level (Throne of Idris and Defend the Temple) I could complete just fine.
    edited July 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    Oh, I thought that was intended. With a level 37 character I had several "Daily Skirmish" and "Daily Dungeon" quests in my journal now. Except the earlier ones are for the skirmishes and dungeons I've outlevelled. The ones I had for my current level (Throne of Idris and Defend the Temple) I could complete just fine.

Lucky you then. I can't complete ones that are near or right at my level.
    Skirmish? Ran it five times and get 3/3 and Rhix still doesn't bother. ( ゚▽゚)
This discussion has been closed.