test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerf Vorpal Please

gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
I made a post indicating this would happen (link here) but nerfing Plague Fire has caused Vorpal to double in price. The weapon enchant balance is actually worse than it was prior to the changes.

It's impossible to justify using something that does 9% weapon damage (about 60 damage for most classes) when you can get 50% crit severity instead. I routinely one shot other players with Ice Knife thanks to my Vorpal causing 25k crits against people with no debuffs.

Either nerf Vorpal or buff the other enchants (perhaps unlink them all from weapon damage and give them stronger effects?). People should not be expected to fork out 20m AD for the only useful enchant.

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I Spent 16 Million AD for my Perfect Vorpal, now you are crying for nerf? Its easy for you to cry for nerf because you don't have it. So, NO!
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I feel 50% is fine for a perfect Vorpal. As a wizard that would bring my base critical severity to 125%. What they need to do is un-nerf some of the other enchantments to make them not so obsolete.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    artoahartoah Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xermell wrote: »
    I Spent 16 Million AD for my Perfect Vorpal, now you are crying for nerf? Its easy for you to cry for nerf because you don't have it. So, NO!

He has one, you're not a special snowflake.

Yeah, i'd really like to see vorpals either being nerfed or the damage being normalized. I know of a guy in guild who used RL money to get a perfect vorpal and now he carries every PvP game I do with him.

P2w might not be bang-on, but certainly pay to win quicker is in play now with this.
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pay to win what? Glory? It's not like he's winning $10,000 tournaments... Waste of cash.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    artoah wrote: »
    He has one, you're not a special snowflake.

Yeah, i'd really like to see vorpals either being nerfed or the damage being normalized. I know of a guy in guild who used RL money to get a perfect vorpal and now he carries every PvP game I do with him.

P2w might not be bang-on, but certainly pay to win quicker is in play now with this.

So why not buy a Vorpal too? You didn't get my point, did you?
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

And people insist that this is not a pay to win game. 16 million AD. Please.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    And people insist that this is not a pay to win game. 16 million AD. Please.

Oh, regarding my 16M AD? It came from farming, before swash helms are 1.5-2m each and im always online during dd.

BTW, i laugh at people who thinks the only way to win this game is by paying, because basically its the only way for them to win.

This is more LearnToWin than PayToWin.

PS:

I only pay for my Ioun Stone -$20.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Oh, regarding my 16M AD? It came from farming, before swash helms are 1.5-2m each and im always online during dd.

BTW, i laugh at people who thinks the only way to win this game is by paying, because basically its the only way for them to win.

This is more LearnToWin than PayToWin.

PS:

I only pay for my Ioun Stone -$20.

agree... but disagree in one point: you can't win this game since there is no competition (of any kind) in it.
  • Options
    nakresxnakresx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So why not buy a Vorpal too? You didn't get my point, did you?

You don't get what is important for a game and it's community. When you have one item that is better than others, every player is forced to get the same item to become at least as good as others (in that case vorpal enchantments) this again ruins everyones freedom of choice. Why getting something else when it's compared not just as good? It's called unbalanced and a game should never be unbalanced, period.