test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pirate King Lair Bug

wingserwingser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've done the normal version of this dungeon twice now. Twice in a row there's no Anchor at the end to click on to proceed and kill the last boss.

Kinda bothersome. :(
Post edited by wingser on

Comments

• wingserwingser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    i vote for a fix asap <_<
  • smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    yea i just did 2 epic pirate runs and same thing for me... this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... the more patches that get released the more bugs that come with them. im almost at the point of NEVER playing this game until things get fixed. which is a sad shame cuz i enjoy playing this game but the bugs are sooooo bad to where you cant do ****..
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most likely this is because of the kill all bosses mechanic they added to other dungeons. Gates that don't unlock, camps that don't activate, etc... Most likely stealthed patched this entrance and caused it to bug out.
  • smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    Must have. but we killed everything minus a few unnecessary mobs but other then that we killed all sub bosses and such.. just iritates me. wasted DD on a run that couldnt be completed
  • wingserwingser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Most likely this is because of the kill all bosses mechanic they added to other dungeons. Gates that don't unlock, camps that don't activate, etc... Most likely stealthed patched this entrance and caused it to bug out.

The pirate king is spawned before you enter..

Maybe the game registers it as a living boss that you have to kill before you can go in.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My point is in-order for it to be bugged the DEV's played with the code for that instance. And since it was not posted in the patch notes it's another stealth change and this time they f.. it up.
  • jimrdvjimrdv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here. Two runs, no anchor. We killed everything single mob two times and all we got is broken content.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here. We just did an epic pirate king, and there is no anchor at the end!! WTF??

I think dkcandy is correct about the kill-all mechanism. Combine that with the fact that everyone likes to pull the first boss back to the room before, perhaps the map isn't registering that the first boss has been killed. I don't want to do a test though, cause I got better things to do in my life than to try a dungeon that may or may not finish.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here... no Anchor when we ran Epic DD Pirate King.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
    edited June 2013
    Fixed yet, anyone?
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're looking into a fix for this ATM. Thanks for posting!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We're looking into a fix for this ATM. Thanks for posting!

Thank you! Im going to bed, hope its fixed tomorrow. :)
  • dredrithdredrith Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just queued for this dungeon with a group (level 45 ish) and we cleared up to the last boss no problem. At the last boss there was nothing to click on to activate the boss.

Things that we tried
    1. Grouping up at the edge to see if it would start
    2. Running back through the dungeon, to make sure we didn't miss any bosses
    3. Moving a set of 3 "gears" about halfway through the dungeon

None of these things allowed us to start the final boss. One thing also to point out, there was quite a bit of lag for everyone in the party throughout the instance, and several times members just fell off the edge next to the boss, without moving or even fell through the floor to the grassy area below the wooden planks.

Hope this gets fixed soon, certainly a big waste of our collective time :(

[EDIT]
    To add insult to injury, somehow the game popped up with "Lair of the Pirate King Complete" a second after I dropped the daily quest. LOL
    edited June 2013
    Is this fixed yet? o_o
    edited June 2013
    Anyone? Bump.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dredrith wrote: »
    [EDIT]
    To add insult to injury, somehow the game popped up with "Lair of the Pirate King Complete" a second after I dropped the daily quest. LOL

The completion mechanisms are a big broken lately. Last week, while levelling an alt, I completed normal spider temple three times with both the quest and the daily in my logs. Killed the spider boss each time, and the quest just did not complete. Total waste of effort.
  • rolfy1rolfy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we just spent ages thinking it migth be something we did :( cursed bugs!
    edited June 2013
    so its still bugged.. :(
    edited June 2013
    Any update?
  • doumaniandoumanian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It s still bugged , at least was about 1 hour ago .
    edited June 2013
    Oh sorry, didnt see the new post.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wingser wrote: »
    I've done the normal version of this dungeon twice now. Twice in a row there's no Anchor at the end to click on to proceed and kill the last boss.

Kinda bothersome. :(

Same problem last night. Killed every boss and mob on way there, no anchor.

My guess is Devs put in a bad fix to people bypassing content which actually prevents legit players from doing it now.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    I am having the same problem.
    I had something similar happen with other missions though (like that skirmish against the black dragon)... I think it might have to do with mobs falling off a cliff and not properly dying (because they didn't fall all the way down and got stuck on some scenery).

Alternatively, there is some hidden switch and the guiding lights don't bring you to it. That mission was very complicated compared to others, tons of puzzles and the like.
  • wynn80wynn80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem
    Grumpy healer that loves cheesecake.
    edited June 2013
    any update ?
  • bradleytbradleyt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • ninjadejininjadeji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep still bugged =/ what a waste of time
  • trunortrunor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. Bug still active as of 1:00 AM EST on 6/29/13 I had no chance to kill the last boss and it was during the Dungeon Delve bonus :-(

I was able to jump onto the rib that makes its way up along the side of the boat but even then I couldn't get the fight to start and I couldn't make my way from that part of the boat around to where I need to be. Hope this helps whoever happens to be reading!

I was hoping for a pirate hat for my rogue buddy!
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Is this like the skirmishes where, if you level up, you can never ever go back and do the lower leveled ones and thus are permanently barred from getting the achievement?
    Or is it safe for me to go do other things and level up and just come back to it later when its fixed?

Also, what needs to happen is that this dungeon should be temporarily disabled while a fix is being worked out. Having a method to temporarily, quickly, and safely disable any specific dungeon/instance which is found to have a serious bug (while a fix is worked) is a fundamental tool in the kit of any MMO
    edited June 2013
    taltamir wrote: »
    Is this like the skirmishes where, if you level up, you can never ever go back and do the lower leveled ones and thus are permanently barred from getting the achievement?
    Or is it safe for me to go do other things and level up and just come back to it later when its fixed?

Also, what needs to happen is that this dungeon should be temporarily disabled while a fix is being worked out. Having a method to temporarily, quickly, and safely disable any specific dungeon/instance which is found to have a serious bug (while a fix is worked) is a fundamental tool in the kit of any MMO

You can do this later BUT you have to walk to the entrance manually.

Any update?