test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership nerfs

pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thanks for slicing in half the AD rewards of some of the best leadership missions. We appreciate it very much Cryptic. And thanks for keeping your sky-high prices on quite useful items like...bags. Or scrolls, or keys.

Great job. Awesome. Just fantastic. Becaus of few <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who start 20 or 30 chars and keep playing the leadership missions (and nothing else) you screw this option for the whole playerbase. We getting punished again for those few who push your own mechanics to the limits. YOUR OWN MECHANICS.

I am not sure if you are blind, but you are hitting your own game with a nerf bat that starts affecting players. There is only so much punishment you can do till people say enough. Nerfing nodes, nerfing leadership, what's next? Last one flips the light switch? You just went life and people are already taking about quiting yah.

Word of mouth has so much power. Once it spreads about your greed and idiotic nerfs guess what. It STAYS.

Check games like Rift or AIon... Check what others say about those. Than google your game perhaps? You might be quite surprised...
Post edited by pinkleet on

Comments

• Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Leadership nerfs are designed to reduce the amount of AD that players can get, making it harder for players to get Zen with AD from the Zen-AD excnage, and make it more likely for players to spend $10 on a credit card to get 1,000 Zen to get one bag for one character.

There is no other reason in existence to nerf AD rewards from Leadership tasks.

This company is simply one of the worst companies functioning on earth today. I wish I could send out a Psychic Warning to all humans to stay as far away from PWE products as possible, and then watch these greedy ba 5 ta rds go out of business.

I hope Gary Gygax will descend from Elysium and blast all your PWE hides to Hades.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rifts has cheap prices, and fair too, so you say Neverwinter is same as Rifts? This is good direction then Keep it up cryptic :D
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    I've not really been playing all that much in the actual game.

Messing about with the gateway and leadership was pretty much the only thing that was keeping my engaged in neverwinter.

Guess that now its been nerfed for no logical reason other than greed there isn't that much left for me in this game :(

Alternatively I might make another 8 characters and have the same AD income that I previously had, way to hit the legit players!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    There is no other reason in existence to nerf AD rewards from Leadership tasks.

Bots.

/10char
  • Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still have hope that Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro will take an action against the game and take it off from PWI and Cryptic's hands.

Even Dungeons&Dragons Online character creation/base of the game is better than this stupidity.
  • Options
    nottooshabbynottooshabby Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Bots.

/10char

If they already are bots, it doesn't matter does it?
    they can just create twice the account and reap the same benefits
  • Options
    kharniskharnis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Rifts has cheap prices, and fair too, so you say Neverwinter is same as Rifts? This is good direction then Keep it up cryptic :D
    I'm sure this seemed quite witty when you thought of it, but in the future I suggest getting a friend or family member who is capable of being honest with you to read your posts before you hit the Reply button.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes, but Cryptic hasn't figured this out yet - see their reasoning behind the node fiasco.....
  • Options
    skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    This nerf is the last straw for me. They just lost a customer. The $60 they got out of me last month is the only money they'll ever get from me, both Cryptic and PWE.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

While I understand it suppose to "balance" of time and AD earn, it doesn't really stop the bots. All it does is hurting legit players. The bots are just going to create more account and just spawn another VM to run them.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't have a big issue with the AD nerfs, it's the nerfing of the 1 hour task that I don't get, you can only run it 3 times concurrently and nerfing it kills the 2 hour task that takes 3 local maps and converts them to a district map which really needs to be cut down to 2:1 now. I mean seriously the best sustainable leadership XP seems to be 30/hour/slot so if you have say 6 slots, that's well over a full week for 19-20 grinding as hard as you can and in practice much longer as the grinding XP tasks are not the ones with the decent rewards, compare say platesmithing where you can do 19-20 in a day, or two at the most.
  • Options
    nottooshabbynottooshabby Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, they doubled the time for the quest explore local area to 2 hours.
    my gripe is why didn't they let us know in the form of patch notes and have to resort to stealth nerfs?
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are crying over 100 AD?!??!

Really?

Wait...are you a paid shill?
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also, they doubled the time for the quest explore local area to 2 hours.
    my gripe is why didn't they let us know in the form of patch notes and have to resort to stealth nerfs?

Dude...try reading the patch notes that have been out for over 5 days...they are located in the PREVIEWSHARD forum....

Here I will hold your hand since you would rather spout nonsense than do a simple look see....

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1192-NeverwinterPreview-Announcements-Release-Notes
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't have a big issue with the AD nerfs, it's the nerfing of the 1 hour task that I don't get, you can only run it 3 times concurrently and nerfing it kills the 2 hour task that takes 3 local maps and converts them to a district map which really needs to be cut down to 2:1 now. I mean seriously the best sustainable leadership XP seems to be 30/hour/slot so if you have say 6 slots, that's well over a full week for 19-20 grinding as hard as you can and in practice much longer as the grinding XP tasks are not the ones with the decent rewards, compare say platesmithing where you can do 19-20 in a day, or two at the most.

I just hit 19 Leadership this morning. Now I need over 40,000 XP to get to Leadership 20. This is completely asinine in my opinion. Worst part is this is my main character and now I am hearing that every other profession is WAY easier to level to max. I log in regularly to keep my assets busy and it is going to take an insane amount of time to go from 19 - 20 now. I think it took 9 days just to go from 18 - 19 without blowing AD to get 1 level.

Are the average players being forced to suffer yet again from all the bots and people that exploited? Certainly looks that way to me from a Leadership point of view.
  • Options
    ancientauraancientaura Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as a botter this patch doesnt effect me in anyway

-said every botter ever.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't get this change. This profession was already UNBEARABLY slow. Now you are doubling the time of the best (using the term best loosely here as 40xp for 1 hour is horrid) task to level this profession? It's taken me since open beta started to hit 16 in Leadership and I have been doing it religiously. I don't think it's even worth trying to level to 20 anymore. Is Cryptic TRYING to drive people away from their game? Or maybe they think this will spur massive AD spending to speed up tasks instead of making people quit? I doubt that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkleet wrote: »
    Thanks for slicing in half the AD rewards of some of the best leadership missions. We appreciate it very much Cryptic. And thanks for keeping your sky-high prices on quite useful items like...bags. Or scrolls, or keys.

Great job. Awesome. Just fantastic. Becaus of few <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who start 20 or 30 chars and keep playing the leadership missions (and nothing else) you screw this option for the whole playerbase. We getting punished again for those few who push your own mechanics to the limits. YOUR OWN MECHANICS.

I am not sure if you are blind, but you are hitting your own game with a nerf bat that starts affecting players. There is only so much punishment you can do till people say enough. Nerfing nodes, nerfing leadership, what's next? Last one flips the light switch? You just went life and people are already taking about quiting yah.

Word of mouth has so much power. Once it spreads about your greed and idiotic nerfs guess what. It STAYS.

Check games like Rift or AIon... Check what others say about those. Than google your game perhaps? You might be quite surprised...

TL;DR

A company like cryptic can not be perfect all the time. Even perfect companies like cryptic have to make balance changes. Read the EU you signed when you first ployed the game. This game is NOT pay2win. Learn2play. Working as intended.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this change was to somehow affect the botters, allow my friend Kyle Reese to explain something;

"Listen, and understand. That botter is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

However, your player-base can be bargained with, they can even be reasoned with - you just need to communicate with them better.

Another quote from Kyle about bots;

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him."

See, even in the 1980's they knew you had to employ human workers to take out the bots....
  • Options
    blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    This nerf was the last straw for me as well.

I lived through all the other nerfs, and kept playing, but enough is enough.

:mad:
  • Options
    btwistboybtwistboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People actually cared about 200 diamonds every 2 hours? Haha.