test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Learn to PVP

runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Learn [when] to dodge, [when] to kite, [when to] retreat to a potion, [when to] drink a PVP potion.

NUFF SAID.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LearnToPlayPyramid.jpg
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    LearnToPlayPyramid.jpg

#8 is missing.

Learn to Win.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Learn to dodge, kite, retreat to a potion, drink a PVP potion.

NUFF SAID.

TL;DR

I play pvp a lot and am usually always on the top of the boards. I agree with you and you can intrust your trust within me as a player that is good and wise at playing a good game.

I think they went a little overboard with changes to paula dean in this patch. Maybe they could tone back the changes to all southern democrats a little, if not directly to paula herself.

Overall though, the game has perfect balance and is not in anyway pay2win. Any pay item can be gotten through playing the game and then paying money, so any problems should be learn2play issues.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dep_6270179-Knowledge-Triumphs-Over-Ignorance---Learn-to-Grow-and-Win.jpg
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it`s a dirty job, but someone has to be the nub.
    because otherwise matches are going to last 30 min :D and that`s a bad thing with xp/glory cap for winning and losing at 15 min.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Learn [when] to dodge, [when] to kite, [when to] retreat to a potion, [when to] drink a PVP potion.

A gwf has no dodge (that is, unlike any other class, SHIFT will dodge nothing)
    Kiting, yep that's the two or three sequence that occurrs between going to base and seeing the death countdown. Yes that's true, good advice, try to make your death useful.
    Retreating, aha nice concept. A gwf cannot retreat. He can sprint, or try to. But not retreat. And PvP potion? They restaure less HP than what any DOT will remove.
    English is not my first language.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Common sense , have at least some before crying on the forums that something is OP in game .
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And so I decided to play a field medic.

So relaxing, even though there aren't any pvp in this game.

rofl on the "learn to PVP"
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm playing a GWF : I can't kite you freaking stupid OP class user. Yes any class is OP but cleric before a GWF.

And you dare to brag out while probably playing a rogue considering your post, what a freaking aass...
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

NUFF SAID.

if you are in a weak class that does help even things up but if the stronger class also learns to play the weaker class is still going to get slaughtered by it
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm playing a GWF : I can't kite you freaking stupid OP class user. Yes any class is OP but cleric before a GWF.

And you dare to brag out while probably playing a rogue considering your post, what a freaking aass...

a cleric set up for PvP against a GWF can be a good fight, GFs are hard to take down even in groups, rogues can be over powered in certain places (minor refinements are likely needed), wizards are often difficult and I will run from their attacks, clerics can be incredibly bad depending upon their build and whether they have a good support character to run and work with (if clerics had another encounter slot and were given as strong of armor in terms of defense stats as GF's have they would be strong again)
  • bastadbastad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game doesn't have PVP.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Removing potions from PvP be great. So bads can just die.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

NUFF SAID.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14521&stc=1&d=1343685700
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=14521&stc=1&d=1343685700

A whiner you are.
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013

NUFF SAID.

Someone that understands pvp.
    You're one of the 1% on these forums.
  • cakeyeahcakeyeah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You forgot Play a game where being good at PvP requires skill not item imbalance
  • azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Player with all Tenerbous enchantments. "Learn to play!" /rollseye
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    azmoran11 wrote: »
    Player with all Tenerbous enchantments. "Learn to play!" /rollseye

Ding, ding! We have a winner! Anyone can roll players if they vastly out gear them regardless of player skill.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

I play pvp a lot and am usually always on the top of the boards. I agree with you and you can intrust your trust within me as a player that is good and wise at playing a good game.

I think they went a little overboard with changes to paula dean in this patch. Maybe they could tone back the changes to all southern democrats a little, if not directly to paula herself.

Overall though, the game has perfect balance and is not in anyway pay2win. Any pay item can be gotten through playing the game and then paying money, so any problems should be learn2play issues.

The Paula Dean buff "Public Racism" was too strong so it HAD to be nerfed... Although I have to agree that the effect on all southern democrats is tbt at this point... I mean what are they supposed to do now?
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Ding, ding! We have a winner! Anyone can roll players if they vastly out gear them regardless of player skill.

This is why I support the direction of giving every player, when they enter a PvP match, a standard gear set* instead of the gear they are wearing. Use whatever build you like but you're going to be in the same gear as anyone else of your class. This immediately removes item imbalance from PvP. Further, adding a ranking system based on Glory (instead of using it to buy item sets with) give a sense of accomplishment for people who actually enjoy PvP for the sake of PvP. Right now in NW you can be the god of situational awareness and still get roflstomped by someone with AD to invest in BiS items and enchants.

*Or do it like Guild Wars where you can choose from a range of items (although without the need to unlock them) to suit your build, but all of those items essentially peak at the same power plateaux.
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cakeyeah wrote: »
    This is why I support the direction of giving every player, when they enter a PvP match, a standard gear set instead of the gear they are wearing. Use whatever build you like but you're going to be in the same gear as anyone else of your class. This immediately removes item imbalance from PvP. Further, adding a ranking system based on Glory (instead of using it to buy item sets with) give a sense of accomplishment for people who actually enjoy PvP for the sake of PvP. Right now in NW you can be the god of situational awareness and still get roflstomped by someone with AD to invest in BiS items and enchants.

Unfortunately this removes a large portion of strategy from PvP. Often times the feats and powers we choose only work well if we equip our characters a certain way. To me, choosing what gear to use and what enchantments to stack to complement my build is just as fun and important as play strategy.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • saved1981saved1981 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013

NUFF SAID.

Roll a DC and come here again

NUFF SAID.

Face a char full t2/tenebrous with a ~1 IQ and come here again

NUFF SAID.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is why I support the direction of giving every player, when they enter a PvP match, a standard gear set* instead of the gear they are wearing. Use whatever build you like but you're going to be in the same gear as anyone else of your class. This immediately removes item imbalance from PvP. Further, adding a ranking system based on Glory (instead of using it to buy item sets with) give a sense of accomplishment for people who actually enjoy PvP for the sake of PvP. Right now in NW you can be the god of situational awareness and still get roflstomped by someone with AD to invest in BiS items and enchants.

*Or do it like Guild Wars where you can choose from a range of items (although without the need to unlock them) to suit your build, but all of those items essentially peak at the same power plateaux.

This is essentially calling for a fencing match type of dueling model rather than the grand melee model that PvP is currently. I think it is a great idea, as a separate mini-game as opposed to replacing current PvP. Sure, there are some huge discrepancies between players who gear for PvP and those who play it occasionally but I don't believe that is sufficient reasons to scrap it entirely.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited June 2013
    Annnd that's why I made the edit :) It worked pretty well in GW1, I should imagine that, after the cashmoney whiners got over it, it'd work pretty well here too and would demonstrate actual skill not access to a credit card.
  • abandinusabandinus Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    Unfortunately this removes a large portion of strategy from PvP. Often times the feats and powers we choose only work well if we equip our characters a certain way. To me, choosing what gear to use and what enchantments to stack to complement my build is just as fun and important as play strategy.

They could allow for customization of stats in PvP though but normalize the stats. Basically you choose your set that has the stat preferential you want but all sets are of equal value. Enchants all r7 etc.
    edited June 2013

So would a range of items and enchants you could choose from to compliment your build, but with a hard cap on power plateaux of those items appeal to you? This isn't my first rodeo; I've been a committed pvp player in MMOs since UO, and I've always found that, in games where gear obtained outside of PvP gives players an advantage, unlevelling the playing field tends to negates individual skill, team synergy and tactics rather than foster it.
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So would a range of items and enchants you could choose from to compliment your build, but with a hard cap on power plateaux of those items appeal to you? This isn't my first rodeo; I've been a committed pvp player in MMOs since UO, and I've always found that, in games where gear obtained outside of PvP gives players an advantage, unlevelling the playing field tends to negates individual skill, team synergy and tactics rather than foster it.

I do think that a selection of gear specifically for PvP matches that you can choose from would certainly put a lot of the build strategy back into the matches while preventing imbalances from players with exponentially better gear. I would prefer though that it were a separate type of PvP playable, so you could join matches with this feature or without. Then PvP could appeal to both types of players.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
    edited June 2013
    I do think that a selection of gear specifically for PvP matches that you can choose from would certainly put a lot of the build strategy back into the matches while preventing imbalances from players with exponentially better gear. I would prefer though that it were a separate type of PvP playable, so you could join matches with this feature or without. Then PvP could appeal to both types of players.

I can see the appeal of both too (having geared up 4 alts with PvP gear, it's a good way for fresh 60s to walk into an epic set) and don't get me wrong... I do enjoy the matches as they are now (well as much as anyone can enjoy one game type on two fairly dull maps) but I would like to see a level playing field as far as gear goes.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... Then PvP could appeal to both types of players.

It would end up something like this:

Not the best idea ;)