test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 6-27-13 7AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 90 minutes.

Patch notes will be available here.

Thank you! :)

Updated 7AM Pacific Time: We are still working on the Patch Notes and hope to have them up later this morning. Thanks for your patience!

Updated 8:15AM Pacific Time: Maintenance has been delayed slightly and the new ETA is 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (~45 minutes from the time of this edit).

Updated 9:15AM Pacific Time: Maintenance complete!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Sominator,

Watch patch will this maintenance be rolling out ? NW.3.20130529z.18 is the latest one I see in the list.

Thanks

Odin
  • marcovanweeghelmarcovanweeghel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

I think that means that the patch notes will show up there during/after the maintenance.

PS: Nice maintenance time, midnight Australian time, love it! :)
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    Whatever the patch will be, thank you in advance!
  • cgplayercgplayer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday) at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 90 minutes.

Hmmm, it appears to be down already, and it's only 0700 in the UK!
  • jokeznzjokeznz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch is 8 hours away, servers are down already though.
  • greekstergreekster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    unable to authenticate , thats what it says when i try to log in, are the servers down?
  • scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jokeznz and cgplayer are correct... WTF???? Its 11:13PM PST and the servers are down???

What janitor did you put in charge of the servers this evening?
    I really like your game... and have spent quite a bit to help fund it, but when I cant play it I tend to get kinda pissed.
    Be happy im mad about this, as one day i will not be. Alas that will be the day when i and your loyal customers will be done putting up with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and move on to another game.

With Love
    Scott.
    PS... bring the god **** servers back online, and stop telling us one thing and while doing something else.
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    So who over there took down servers 8 hours too early? Sheesh. Sticking to your announced timeframes would be nice.

As for those wondering about the patch notes: they've been posted in the Neverwinter Preview Shard subsection of the forums a little while ago (it's where you can always find proposed changes before they are rolled onto live servers). The link is http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1192-NeverwinterPreview-Announcements-Release-Notes. Just mind that there could be some slight alterations (there was also a bigger topic listing bug fixes and some profession changes, but it seems to have been removed).
  • kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    So who over there took down servers 8 hours too early? Sheesh. Sticking to your announced timeframes would be nice.

Servers were never taken down, there is a problem with the authentication server tonight. It happened 3 hours ago too.
  • codewizardcodewizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that means that the patch notes will show up there during/after the maintenance.

Yeah, at least we get some game time. Most other MMOs are not so considerate of us Aussies :-)
  • tirin1tirin1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any chance this patch is going to unlock Alchemy levelling for those of us who have gotten stuck at 0 xp to next level when we finished the Research Task on the Gateway? I've been stuck at going from 9 to 10 since Monday morning now since there is now no way for me to generate any more Alchemy XP.
    edited June 2013
    codewizard wrote: »
    Yeah, at least we get some game time. Most other MMOs are not so considerate of us Aussies :-)

Its nice isn't it :D
  • amalzarantaramalzarantar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tirin1 wrote: »
    Any chance this patch is going to unlock Alchemy levelling for those of us who have gotten stuck at 0 xp to next level when we finished the Research Task on the Gateway? I've been stuck at going from 9 to 10 since Monday morning now since there is now no way for me to generate any more Alchemy XP.

Exact same situation here. Really hope this problem to be solved as soon as possible.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Possible exploit fixes in this patch and set bonuses fixes ? Thanks in advance .
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1 minute until maintenance and no patch notes yet?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    5 minutes after it started and still no patch notes...
  • henzaihenzai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 154
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    imsmithy wrote: »
    5 minutes after it started and still no patch notes...

C'mon guys, where's your sense of adventure? The notes will be here when the notes arrive, looka at it as an adventure... Or, let's play a game. Let's not read the notes until after 4h of newly patched gameplay and see how many of the changes we managed to spot?

Thanks for the heads up Som, keep it up!
  • m0rbitm0rbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Personally i don't like this midnight patch cause for those of us that WORK for a living midnight is the time we are playing :/ i think a 3am patch would work in with most Australian's play time. but due to time zones i understand how that may not be feasible.
    edited June 2013
    henzai wrote: »
    C'mon guys, where's your sense of adventure? The notes will be here when the notes arrive, looka at it as an adventure... Or, let's play a game. Let's not read the notes until after 4h of newly patched gameplay and see how many of the changes we managed to spot?

Haha, nice.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    henzai wrote: »

I lost my sense of adventure when I hit lvl 60 , now all I care about is whether they are going to finally fix all the glitches and bugs that afflict my CW or if they deem repairing nonsense like the VIP area of the Moonstone mask or whatever its called more important hence why I need the patch notes...
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So they are deciding what to fix on the fly and will tell us what they've done after the fact? Interesting approach.
  • darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Flame me if you want but I swear, this game has some of the biggest whiners I have ever seen. For crying out loud, they are fixing something, give them a break. I'm a programmer by day and I would kick yall out of my office and extend the downtime if I had to put up with this.

no-whining.jpg
  • dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    So they are deciding what to fix on the fly and will tell us what they've done after the fact? Interesting approach.

yeah i heard they got sick of people whinning and b*tching and decided to screw your game up with lame a*s patching. At least it keeps you happy with something to moan about.^^
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They've spoiled us by being patient and cool about it. Probably because they know they aren't our parents so teaching us a lesson isn't their job. I'm not whining though, I'm just killing time until I can see what was done.
  • capnmidnitecapnmidnite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, it's a game. A game. Relax, children. It is truly appalling to see the tantrums on these forums. Go walk your dog or mow the lawn. Or at least get out of your den in mom's basement and make your own pizza bites.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dexyman wrote: »
    yeah i heard they got sick of people whinning and b*tching and decided to screw your game up with lame a*s patching. At least it keeps you happy with something to moan about.^^

Was a simple question, not a whine or *****. I guess being a pri ck just comes naturally to people like you.
  • lavatoryloadlavatoryload Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Want to complain to someone who cares about their image and owns the rights to D&D: http://company.wizards.com/contactus

If I were them I would be pissed reading the FB page comments that are there daily and this forum. Fail production in my opinion... Fail.
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    m0rbit wrote: »
    Personally i don't like this midnight patch cause for those of us that WORK for a living midnight is the time we are playing :/ i think a 3am patch would work in with most Australian's play time. but due to time zones i understand how that may not be feasible.

Seriously? That puts it at 10 am there time, which is not really acceptable to them I am sure. They are located in California, so they go by their own time zone, there is no real reason for them to feel obligated to go by anyone's time zone but their own. , but their own.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    darklodus wrote: »
    Flame me if you want but I swear, this game has some of the biggest whiners I have ever seen. For crying out loud, they are fixing something, give them a break. I'm a programmer by day and I would kick yall out of my office and extend the downtime if I had to put up with this.

You just don't get around much I guess.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • n3exusp1ren3exusp1re Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to seeing what this patch will be addressing.