test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Legitimate Thank You to the Exploiting Players

2»

Comments

• hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The polls were biased to the fact that people only come to forums on the whole when they are unhappy. Content individuals don't tend to post on a forum.

You might as well put a poll up Fox News website about a critical issue facing the country and use it to determine how the US feels about the issue.

Just because the 1000's of angry, uninformed people filled out a poll means nothing.

True, or put a poll up on ABC, NBC, CNN or MSNBC to see the flip side of bias. Don't act like Fox News is alone here, it was just a response to the liberals taking over the other news media outlets. I would say CBS is the only news organization with integrity.
  • melanko0melanko0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not spending a single AD until the economy flattens out. I'll just hoard my hundreds of thousands. :)
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    narabug wrote: »
    In any game, there will always be cheats, exploits, hacks, workarounds, or third-party programs to take advantage of game mechanics and give one player some sort of edge over another player. This is a simple fact of online gaming these days, and I think most every gamer has come to terms with that fact.

What is different from game to game is the margin of advantage which the cheater can obtain and the way the game developers and moderators handle the situation. The cheats and exploits over the weekend have done many players an extremely large service in showing us how Neverwinter Online would handle the cheating player and how much they respect their player base.

Perhaps some people are happy that the servers remained partially intact, and were restored to a point before the cheating got completely out of hand. Polls at about 10PM Pacific last night showed anywhere from 60-70% of players supporting a full server wipe, with about 20-30% opposing it and another 5-20% supporting various other changes which they thought would remedy the problems.

Thank You to the cheating player, for showing us just how much PWE/Cryptic cares about their player base and supports their customers who keep their game alive!

87.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot... You jabber on and on about your Poll information without any idea of how to make a poll containing valid information. How you phase the question, what percentage of the group do you ask, when you ask, etc all impact the results.

However I doubt that any of this is interesting to you because you are only here to push your agenda so by all means continue to spout your nonsense. You however have already lost the discussion since Cryptic has already stated numerous times that there will be NO WIPE after OPEN BETA is complete and Neverwinter is released.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    we are the 1%

You spent money and don't care about the long term health of the game?

You remember the older games that you had to hit save and yet you would forget and 2 hours later you die or the power goes out?

Did you get mad at yourself? You lost two hours OHH NOES!!!!!

Seriously. LONG TERM -- the best is to wipe.

They won't wipe so kudos to you.

The high and mighty I don't want to wipe since I have 150 hours of vested time in a game that I will play for years....wait...what????

You plan on sticking around? Wouldn't you would want a healthy economy and a healthy population?
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's about the same thing as people *****ing and complaining that there are so many hackers in a game and they paid $90 for the game itself and the DLC's.
    I don't think there is a game out there that is 100% flawless that involves Multiplayer.
    I still don't get why people are getting so upset when they had the OPTION to pay for stuff.
    The game itself is free and I don't think you get "entitlement" from having the option to pay for things.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I see it as a good thing they didn't follow the polls on the website and just do what the "majority" wanted, and I voted and still support a wipe.
    IMHO it means they stopped to look at the whole situation considered what would be the most reasonable action to take. And I don't mean just for the players, but for them.
    Doing a wipe would mean they would have either refund or re-issue thousands of dollars of Zen which, if you really think about it a min, could cause even more problems with the game economy.
    I have a feeling this isn't over yet, nor have we seen the final solution to it. It's just getting old seeing all of the bashing of the devs over this situation. People acting like it's the first time an MMO has ever had down time because of a bug/exploit/hardware failure/etc.
    If you don't like the way they handled it, then leave. Otherwise let's see what happens. It hasn't even been a full 24hrs.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure founder pack purchasers were happy their money was stolen by exploiters. (Yes creating hyper-inflation is passive theft)

Hey...It works for the Fed.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Popular opinion thought NGE would be a good idea as well...we all see how that worked out.
    That's bull****....the only people that thought NGE was a good idea was smeddie himself and the rabid Fanbois of him.
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    Doing a wipe would mean they would have either refund or re-issue thousands of dollars of Zen which, if you really think about it a min, could cause even more problems with the game economy.

If they refunded my Zen, I wouldn't know what to do with it. I opened goofy lockboxes and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just to show how easy it was to get a mount, then I sold the mount.

I'd take the Zen back gladly and horde that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :)
    houserin_signature.png
  • rosefyrekarosefyreka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A player joined our guild and once he ranked up promptly cleared out the entire guild bank over 200 items that had been accumulated over a long period of time,then quit and sold the items. Is guild robbing punishable by GM's?
    Has anyone had this happen to their guild, if so how was it addressed/resolved?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rosefyreka wrote: »
    A player joined our guild and once he ranked up promptly cleared out the entire guild bank over 200 items that had been accumulated over a long period of time,then quit and sold the items. Is guild robbing punishable by GM's?

Sadly, given Cryptic's record on fixing exploits and dealing with scamming, I think you are out of luck.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Sadly, given Cryptic's record on fixing exploits and dealing with scamming, I think you are out of luck.

It depends on how it happened, if the player used a bug or exploit to clear out the bank then they will return the items and punish the player, if he was promoted to a rank where he could use the bank or access is to all levels in the guild, then it's viewed as you gave him permission to take the stuff so they won't do anything about it.

There's nothing sad about it, they react the same way as the police would if you gave them the keys to your car and they drove off with it.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This is an old ways of doing this. It still happen. Heck, I was in a guild in WoW where we have a disagreement on how the raid should be run (I was main/off tank) and the guild leader was pissed, cleared out the bank and left the guild.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • quadespressoquadespresso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Rather than responding on the 5th page to a thread whose most recent post is over a month old, you may want to start a new thread about this subject since the title of the current thread will not clue anyone in to your concern.

As I am not yet in a guild, I'm not sure how permissions work for the guild bank. But if the guild leader can set permissions, then his/her extending full permissions to this player is probably not something that can be addressed since it most likely falls under the 'poor character judgment by the guild leader' category.

The only way I think Cryptic would address it is if there were a way to prevent it from happening within the game itself that was either bypassed by an exploit or simply failed to work. It sucks that these types of people are out there, but it's a known risk.
  • jerilynjerilyn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I am sorry this happened to your guild, but if you gave him permissions the GM's will probably do nothing about it -- it was your fault. This has been going on in MMO's for at least 15 years. Some games like Eve actively encourage this kind of behavior as essentially a form of PVP.

If it was a bug or exploit then that is an entirely different matter.
  • panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    ur most likely screwed I got scammed in a trade player pulled their stuff out last second and was told it was my fault I should b more careful in the future and they would not replace items by pwe
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Reported for necroing =)