test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fastest MMO death in history

Comments

• panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    game was much better when it was founders and guardians only cuz we had something to lose w f2p these losers that afk and sploit don't care they have no money wrapped up in the game
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panthro8 wrote: »
    game was much better when it was founders and guardians only cuz we had something to lose w f2p these losers that afk and sploit don't care they have no money wrapped up in the game

Heh. Keep in mind that F2P does have income too. The entry cost is Zero. It is a big draw of new players to a game who don't want to invest without knowing the game. Eventually some F2P becomes pack or Zen buyers (assumption but looking at the Zen exchange, there is a lot of zen out there)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait... wasn't an MMO called "Auto Assault" subject to the fastest MMO death in known history?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    (assumption but looking at the Zen exchange, there is a lot of zen out there)

If there was a lot of ZEN then you would expect that the AD:ZEN ratio would be falling. it hasn't - in fact it recently rose form 250ish to 350ish......
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    panthro8 wrote: »

That's the one large failure of F2P imo, everyone is not forced to invest in it. Who cares, f2p is f2p. The giant phawked sandwich in the room is how easy f2p makes it f2exploit and bot. I liked Rift, I enjoyed playing it for a while, but I was seeing more and more bots, sometimes reporting the same bots 3-4 times a day for several days, before seeing them disappear. But then being astonished when 2 weeks later, that bot was botting away again in a new zone.

They advertised this game heavier for beta/open beta because they knew they had something good enough to get peoples interest/money. And despite the potential this game had, it's all been profit porked into oblivion. I've been a habitual mmo player since EQ1, and all I can tell anyone is I have never seen a game recover from bots, or severe exploit infestation. By recover I mean growth.

Believe what you'd like, but I promise the activity in the game will dwindle down more, it will stabilize, and there could be 10's of thousands maybe even several hundred thousand players that will continue to play the game. But, nothing will now overcome the droves of people turned off by PWE's "surge" profit model and their failure to make sure the game stayed clean--exploit and bug free as possible. Plants will grow if you add some manure, games don't.

Dead, probably not, and that's mostly because of the foundry which "real" D&D folks probably love. But squandered to shiznit with no room for real growth, a.k.a. death a.k.a. "real players" niche game. I mean, 5 years ago, Sarah Palin was the largest political name on the planet. We know how that turned out, even though she's not dead, she's still alive, and really dumb.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fastest death in MMO history is APB.
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this post and ones like this are funny. i mean i have seen the same post calling sto the fastest mmo death a month after it was released as well! and i been and stl playing it since it was in beta. and now sto's player base is strong and healthy and growing.

like all new mmos never winter is just experiencing the normal player decline that always happened shortly after launch and will bounce back and stabilize once things are fixed and content added.

but devs not putting in enough content in mmo's to last beyond 30 days and the slow release of new content is why no more pay to play mmos are being released. and why you see a population shrink so soon after release.

i log in to play a foundry mission once in a while but mainly play my new romulan char in sto now. but when the new module fror never winter is released i'll be back in game playing regulary
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tharkan wrote: »

i'll prob get flamed for this but what game is APB?? (i'm serious i never heard of it)
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tharkan wrote: »

QFT. Beat SWTOR in a landslide for sure. Servers offline at one point and eventually sold, in a brief period of time. It was so driven into the ground that even those who knew of it forget about it. :)
    hobieone wrote: »
    i'll prob get flamed for this but what game is APB?? (i'm serious i never heard of it)

All Points Bulletin... an online multiplayer shooter.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    If there was a lot of ZEN then you would expect that the AD:ZEN ratio would be falling. it hasn't - in fact it recently rose form 250ish to 350ish......

ah but keep in mind that Zen is purchase with cash. With recent mad grab for Zen to get Alchemy started, the supply still dwindle. If it is really short, then it would go up to 500 (max allowed)

Since it is keeping around 300, that means there are still Zen being pumped into the market.
    edited June 2013
    hobieone wrote: »

It is kinda like Team Fortress with skills base and MMO (instead of small instance server) the weird part is that it is more like Diablo (there are many instance mission) and team fortress combine. The problem is the way they did the cash shop (horrid gouging) but I did bought a few packs back then cause I do like some of the gun (totally unbalance)
  • smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    While the OP certainly has some validity the title of the thread is doom and gloom hyperbole. Considering we're only shortly past official launch let's wait awhile before sounding the death knell.
  • vladimirwtfvladimirwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    smokeygb wrote: »
    While the OP certainly has some validity the title of the thread is doom and gloom hyperbole. Considering we're only shortly past official launch let's wait awhile before sounding the death knell.

Check this out, I bet you read only the headline tag and skipped right to Reply button ;)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?371591-Fastest-MMO-death-in-history&p=4725431&viewfull=1#post4725431
    Vlasterx / NWN founder
  • ceanlron1ceanlron1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rift went True F2P and is really affordable..2 bucks can get you a nice mount not 40 bucks..and you actually need a mount in rift..where in NW you are never more than a couple mins away from a port gate..thats where a lot of people has gone including myself..just a thought
    edited June 2013
    ceanlron1 wrote: »
    Rift went True F2P and is really affordable..2 bucks can get you a nice mount not 40 bucks..and you actually need a mount in rift..where in NW you are never more than a couple mins away from a port gate..thats where a lot of people has gone including myself..just a thought

Yea. I remember posting on another thread that mount is nice in NW, but not really needed. The 5g 50% mount is plenty because NW is a close world. If it is open like WoW or RIFT, yea I can see the major outcry of mount cost.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ceanlron1 wrote: »

So if you don't really need a mount in NW what does it matter that they are $40?
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    So if you don't really need a mount in NW what does it matter that they are $40?

IMO it shouldn't. It is cosmetic. While it is REALLY cool looking, getting from point A to B in Protector's Enclave is pretty quick. Almost too fast ;)
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This thread has the Paul McCartney seal of approval.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • svetoslav87svetoslav87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi i just stoped by to say what i think about NW and actually all the other PW games, cuz they are nothing but clones of each other. For me they are TOTAL <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! To all who defend this style for making games - hf playing them...
    edited June 2013
    Hi i just stoped by to say what i think about NW and actually all the other PW games, cuz they are nothing but clones of each other. For me they are TOTAL <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! To all who defend this style for making games - hf playing them...

I WISH it was a clone. We would have Account Bank, Guild storage tab would have cost gold instead of AD. We would have functioning Trade system (not exploitable)
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hrmm an MMO that is just like other MMO's go figure. To imagine a game that fits into a genre being like the other games in that genre. You know how silly it sounds when people ask for an MMO to not be an MMO right? Let you think on it.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is dead?? But I've been playing, with all of these people. And we're having fun. I guess I should let them know.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Hrmm an MMO that is just like other MMO's go figure. To imagine a game that fits into a genre being like the other games in that genre. You know how silly it sounds when people ask for an MMO to not be an MMO right? Let you think on it.

He's saying the game is a clone of cyptic's other 2 games CO and STO. He's not entirely wrong and they aren't the high fantasy genre, they are superhero and sci-if genre.
  • deinokdeinok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bye Bye Market.

2dvu.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    He's saying the game is a clone of cyptic's other 2 games CO and STO. He's not entirely wrong and they aren't the high fantasy genre, they are superhero and sci-if genre.

So basically he has no clue what clone means. :P
  • raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.) You joined the wrong guild (if you wanted to stick around and enjoy Neverwinter).

2.) You have the wrong friends (if you wanted to stick around and enjoy Neverwinter).

3.) That's nothing compared to the drop off SWTOR had.

1) Yeah, silly me. Joining a guild that likes to play games that are actually fun.

2) Yeah, silly me. Having friends that like to play games that are actually fun.

3) Have any numbers to back this up?
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    So basically he has no clue what clone means. :P

There is definitely hyperbole going on. The 3 games do have a lot of common systems and features though.
    edited June 2013
    There is definitely hyperbole going on. The 3 games do have a lot of common systems and features though.

Well I think they share the same engine. But ground combat in Neverwinter is slightly better then CO and a lot better then STO. Some common features in STO are not present in Neverwinter though.
  • jerilynjerilyn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any idea when this patch will go live? Has it already?

I have been avoiding dungeons because:

1. No groups want to do them without exploits.
    2. Since I don't know the dungeons, I might get dragged through with a group doing exploits without even realizing I am exploiting.

As a result, I am already level 27 and afraid I am going to miss all the dungeons if they don't hurry up and fix this :)
  • smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    I read several but I'm not about to read 11 pages of epeen rage.
This discussion has been closed.