test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-----------Disable Visuals--------------

ariibethariibeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I love the fact that you can disable visuals on the headgear (cause lets face it they aren't really up to much) but i really really want the choice to disable the visuals on the shirt and trousers as i think the armour can look so much nicer without them. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this. At the end of the day, if you like the shirt and trousers that is fine then show them, but for those of us who like to see a bit of flesh on our toons :rolleyes: then i would love for this to be an option. Discuss ;)

Aribeth Tilmeran
Aribeth Tilmeran
Post edited by ariibeth on

Comments

• morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love to see the "Disable Visuals" option available for ALL items, not just shirt and pants. I've seen people walk in their underwear, and I'm sure they wouldnt do that if they at least had the option to keep pants on, or just armor on, etc.

I for one want to disable visuals on my armor, to get rid of that horrible enchantment visual effect that goes through my Fashion set.
  • bytherivsbytherivs Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think we should have the option for all visible gear pieces to be disabled. there are tons of folks skipping around in their skivvies without any fashion items while fashion tab is selected and nobody is complaining.

they should allow this, it adds to character customization.

reason i want this is 'cause i don't like any of the lvl 60 fancy armor for GF's, and id like to disable it so only my chain mail is visible.
  • alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love this for the same reason as first post - many armours look nicer with some bare arm and leg showing. ;)
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My char is running in fashion peasant's pants only (dyed). The reason I do this is I don't like uncreative design of CW's male armors. They are loaded with far too many flashy elements, stars and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, looking a bit camp, at least for my simplistic taste. This is not the first MMO having problem with male cloth design.

What I would like to see is more fashion items I can choose from, like simple elegant shirt etc. Right now there is very few of them and they are very gothic...and expensive.

So I'm running half-naked, exposing my broad chest and giving evidence of this game's bad visual design of certain clothes.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see us have the option to turn on/aff visuals on every wearable item including the cosmetic fashion ones. And, let us mix them (some armor with some fashion). Kind of like LOTRO does.

I have some armor I like to see and some fashion items I like to see.
    L'sya Raiya
  • morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lsya wrote: »
    I'd like to see us have the option to turn on/aff visuals on every wearable item including the cosmetic fashion ones. And, let us mix them (some armor with some fashion). Kind of like LOTRO does.

I have some armor I like to see and some fashion items I like to see.
    Excellent suggerstion, couldnt agree more +1

It would add some more customization to the way our characters look.
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 to the OP
    and also +1 to most of the comments.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd definitely like to see Disable Visuals on more items of armor (bracers/gloves, for instance).

But I don't think they'll ever put it for shirt & pants. The idea seems (never seen it stated, just feels this way) that if you want typical-fantasy "revealing" armor, you have to pay a slight penalty in giving up the small amount of stats on those items.
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, fair point.
    How about a new rare set then that are invisible! :D
    Call them "The Emperor's Clothes"
  • lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ariibeth wrote: »
    but i really really want the choice to disable the visuals on the shirt and trousers

THIS!!!!!

I want this so bad, that I've even resorted to posting bug reports and support tickets, in an attempt to get my point across. It can be done with headgear so extend it to shirts and trousers at least.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like the option to disable the visuals of other player's pets.
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    My char is running in fashion peasant's pants only (dyed). The reason I do this is I don't like uncreative design of CW's male armors. They are loaded with far too many flashy elements, stars and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, looking a bit camp, at least for my simplistic taste. This is not the first MMO having problem with male cloth design.

What I would like to see is more fashion items I can choose from, like simple elegant shirt etc. Right now there is very few of them and they are very gothic...and expensive.

So I'm running half-naked, exposing my broad chest and giving evidence of this game's bad visual design of certain clothes.

Absolutely who was making CW armor...its horrible I have tight pants and a snug fitting clown jacket....and a point weird bishop looking hat. And that dorky ball instead of a staff. The CW armor made me think this game had poor art design.

Absolutely whoever thought of the CW class and the armor was a fool. A proper staff and a wizards robe with some interesting headwear and cloaks would have been perfect. Just why did they go for the Michael Jackson 80s zippers leather jackt look I'll never know.

Just plain horrible. And all you have for cosmetic gear to make it look somewhat better is peasants clothes, wedding attire (ROFL) and banquent gear or whatever that Phantom of the Opera krap is. Just sucha let down, level 54 now and still bad armor...in fact its getting worse looking.
  • jchrise102jchrise102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see this as well. My TR would look so much cooler without her shirt
    The old world will burn in the fires of industry
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    +1
    Don't like chainmail shirts, I'm actually not wearing anything at all in my shirt and pants slots right now.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rift has a neat system where you have a "looks" panel that you can place any piece of armor and no matter what you equip for your "armor" equipment you'll see what's in the "looks" panel.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would love the option to change the visuals for cheaper.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No we wont do that, what should be put on is. Kissing and touching so if you see a (girl,) you can go kiss them and touch them. Also more sitting potions, and there should be an option. For the girls to wear thong, g-string, normal panties, and or nothing at all.
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Seriously, ... you are going to take a good idea thread and post your rubbish here so that when a admin does read it, he blows it off as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Ewww!

No one wants nakedness,,,, no one wants lurid clothing, just to have a better, more personalized look.

What you people were saying was not a good idea, what I said is the only way I can say it is right. You want nakedness and they too, the rest no point in answering.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What you people were saying was not a good idea, what I said is the only way I can say it is right. You want nakedness and they too, the rest no point in answering.

Yes. I desperately want naked....

....wrists. On my Trickster Rogues. Those gloves are just horribly ugly.

:p