test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy : Feedback / notes

grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Alchemy looks to be a fun profession overall so far. I like the random effects from the mysterious unknown potions. :)

I like that it has a different mechanic for gaining XP to level up the profession.

I have two concerns of note so far though:

1) There is no category for Alchemy on the AH in the professions section. Also worthy of note regarding Alchemy and the AH, I posted an Alchemist for sale, but he does not show up in any searches. So it is possible that no alchemy items can be sold via the AH until the proper professions section is added and/or alchemy items are able to be searched for.

2) The resources section of the professions inventory tab needs a good chunk more slots to accommodate the addition of all the alchemy related resources. The assets tab seems aok. But please add more slots to the resources area asap! I highly doubt I'm the only one with resource inventory slot issues right now.

that's just what I see real quick, IDK if there are plans to fix these soon, but they are a pretty big deal for the new profession in my honest opinion.
Post edited by grimelrok on

Comments

• graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2013
    Both the AH category and more slots to the resource bag are being addressed. I don't know when it will be live but it will be soon.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Both the AH category and more slots to the resource bag are being addressed. I don't know when it will be live but it will be soon.

It's also not showing up on the Gateway.
  • dm00v3rdm00v3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, Professions booster packs are claiming bonus content during the "Alchemy Launch Event" which isn't on the calendar, or anywhere in the forums. Details, please? Dates, maybe? I'd like to buy a Professions booster, but don't want to get dinged because I'm too early/late.
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013

Thanks for the quick response! :)
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    dm00v3r wrote: »
    Also, Professions booster packs are claiming bonus content during the "Alchemy Launch Event" which isn't on the calendar, or anywhere in the forums. Details, please? Dates, maybe? I'd like to buy a Professions booster, but don't want to get dinged because I'm too early/late.

From the relevant news post:

"Have you seen Alchemy, our newest crafting profession? From now until Thursday, 6/27, 12AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?), you'll receive additional Alchemy assets and resources with every Professions Asset Pack and Professions Booster Pack that you purchase. Get yours today!"
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013

Great to hear! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
  • burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    I would really like to know where these scrolls you need to level alchy come from...
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    burninnate wrote: »
    I would really like to know where these scrolls you need to level alchy come from...

They are a random (hidden) reward for making potions. So make the mystery potions that take 1 alchemy skill and you will sometimes get the scrolls needed to level.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited June 2013
    I would actually like to know if you can stop doing the experiment tasks once you have enough scrolls for the next level, or if there is any reward for experimenting more. At Rank 2, after getting all potion recipes for that rank, I experimented 20 more times and only got unstable potions. So is it safe to move on once you have enough scrolls for that level without missing anything ?
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Relevant, from the patch notes:

Alchemy now properly shows up in the Gateway Profession list.
    Alchemy now properly shows up in the Auction House, under the Professions category.
    The Resources bag in the Profession inventory tab now has 30 more slots, for a total of 90.

Hope that helps!
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aye, ty for the quick response Graalx and glad they fixed those two issues fast, my Alchemy is moving along will be lvl 18 when current xp task finishes in a few hours.

Someone asked about getting rewarded with just the mystery pots after obtaining enough BAKs to perform the level up task. I have a feeling you will get nothing further at that point and the BAKs are tied to the number of other common tasks that you get per level as well. I cannot confirm that though, but I also tried a few to see if it gave anything further and got nothing as you did.

A dev confirmation on how that part of the profession works would be rockin'.

I do like this profession and once you get the hang of it I think you'll find it a good and useful profession down the line.
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2013
    Once you have gathered all of the Basic Alchemical Knowledge required to do the current Research task further Experimentation will yield only additional Unstable Potions. I left the task available for all of those players who really, really like to grow (or shrink)... (or turn into animals).
  • iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    Once you have gathered all of the Basic Alchemical Knowledge required to do the current Research task further Experimentation will yield only additional Unstable Potions. I left the task available for all of those players who really, really like to grow (or shrink)... (or turn into animals).

why not add potion recipes to do this, i would support it, i think that stuff is fun, just only request is to make them really cheap to make as having them expensive is just pointless with farming being limited and focusing on finishing the whole alchemy rather than spending large amounts of mats on novelty items.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why not add potion recipes to do this, i would support it, i think that stuff is fun, just only request is to make them really cheap to make as having them expensive is just pointless with farming being limited and focusing on finishing the whole alchemy rather than spending large amounts of mats on novelty items.

You get the recipe to make major unstable potions at level 20.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013

awesome, thank you for confirming. :)