test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PLEASE allow us to "save" maps in a user repository

neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I have many wishes for the Foundry and to start off I want to say that it's awesome that this even exists! Thx Guys!

Now......

PLEASE allow us to SAVE our custom maps so we can use them over and over again in other quests.
Right now the only way to do this is to actually NEVER leave one quest. But this spells disaster as the file size would become immense! and OMG if you lost this in a corrupt save *faint (though I do have a habit of continually saving a copy of my quests)
Oh sure you can delete all but one map and then , use that as a jumping off point, but this cannot work if you need to have the story continue and have people revisit maps from another quest line. or if you NEED more than one map from the previous quest.

My Example: I have a Welcome small area that has a code lock for you to proceed to the next map. I have worked long and hard on this and am constantly changing minor things with it... so if I have multiple versions of it, I can't keep them all updated and it would make no sense to.
Now I have also created a tavern, and a forest that I would like to continually be in my quests. But as it stands, I can't "import" them or have them in a MAP stash. So I either have to try to recreate them -- but honestly, who would even want to try to do that. Or just forget it.

So if you are listening my wonderful DEVs -- PLEASE allow us to SAVE maps to be used on a global basis. Might also be great to be able to SHARE maps with others too.

Neverwinter1776
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by neverwinter1776 on

Comments

• neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wouldn't this be sweet ;-)

foundryMapSaveHope.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes.. Yes it would Neverwinter1776 :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree, along with custom costumes.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Right now the only way to do this is to actually NEVER leave one quest.
    Duplicate quest. Delete the resources not needed by the new quest.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is something that they have said in interviews that they want to add in, but they have no date for when or even if it will be added yet.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not just maps.

We need a "UGC Repository" that saves all UG assets locally.

So we can transfer a recurring NPC across multiple quests, or even campaigns without the need to rebuild them from scratch every time.

Personally I am at a loss as to why this wasn't included as standard before the Foundry ever left Alpha, much less Beta.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • swordswornswordsworn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Duplicate quest. Delete the resources not needed by the new quest.
    I wanted to do a return qwest on a map were you come back to visit an npc for her birthday and she drags you around looking for were her father hide her gift but its all an excuse to spend time with you. but when ever I try to duplicate the map. (way to large to remake from scatch) Using the suplied dupplicate qwest button. I get "illeagle editor option" and kicked to log in.
    45 min story driven solo dungon. Branching dialogs. Multiple mid boss encounters. More small groups of tuff mobs then trash spam. "In defence of the Beggar King" now elidgable for daily foundry. NW-DHJPT25G4

10 min short but sweat. Amusing story and dialog. Light humor. Creative hord/survival mode hybred. Detailed eviroment. Entense combat with little no respite. Lovable contact npc. "The Infinity Chest" NW-DHKAAXTP4W
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Duplicate is a tricky thing, doesn't always work. I use this to create backups of my quests. But may take 3 or 4 tries to get it to actually make a copy.
    Now as for making a quest that has ALL the maps I want would be...well just HUGE and as mentioned doomed to fail and not save properly. I would have to keep creating ALL my maps in one main quest. Again, this would be a really big file, and not something that I can imagine would be practical. It would make much better sense to be able to save separate maps that can be reused or appended into a new quest. And yes I'm surprised at the lack of this too.
    As for the costumes, All the NPCs I create seem to travel from quest to quest. I have to rename them again, but all still there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thehuntress#2050 thehuntress Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd love this to in place. Currently the only way I can see around this is to add maps to one quest, duplicate it for what you're working on and delete the maps you don't need.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    swordsworn wrote: »
    I wanted to do a return qwest on a map were you come back to visit an npc for her birthday and she drags you around looking for were her father hide her gift but its all an excuse to spend time with you. but when ever I try to duplicate the map. (way to large to remake from scatch) Using the suplied dupplicate qwest button. I get "illeagle editor option" and kicked to log in.
    Your quest name is probably too long. When you duplicate it names the copy "copy of..." and if that's too long of a name it fails. Try temporarily saving it with a short name and then duplicating the quest.
  • swordswornswordsworn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your quest name is probably too long. When you duplicate it names the copy "copy of..." and if that's too long of a name it fails. Try temporarily saving it with a short name and then duplicating the quest.

thanks I do belive "In Defence of the Beggar King" was just short of max char, did not consider this.
    45 min story driven solo dungon. Branching dialogs. Multiple mid boss encounters. More small groups of tuff mobs then trash spam. "In defence of the Beggar King" now elidgable for daily foundry. NW-DHJPT25G4

10 min short but sweat. Amusing story and dialog. Light humor. Creative hord/survival mode hybred. Detailed eviroment. Entense combat with little no respite. Lovable contact npc. "The Infinity Chest" NW-DHKAAXTP4W
    edited June 2013
    You have to be VERY happy with the duplicated Map you create though. Because if you ever need to change it, then you have to try to change it for Every instance you created this way. It's just not a good solution, it will do for now, but I'm constantly revising my maps, to make them better , and also finding new ways to do things. this halts the evolution process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not just maps.

We need a "UGC Repository" that saves all UG assets locally.

So we can transfer a recurring NPC across multiple quests, or even campaigns without the need to rebuild them from scratch every time.

Personally I am at a loss as to why this wasn't included as standard before the Foundry ever left Alpha, much less Beta.

All The Best

I am at a loss why many things that seems extremely basic in idea don't make it in to mmos in genera at launch. Had 95% of us designed the foundry we would have included that feature from the start. Just one of those things I guess /shrug
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am at a loss why many things that seems extremely basic in idea don't make it in to mmos in genera at launch. Had 95% of us designed the foundry we would have included that feature from the start. Just one of those things I guess /shrug

This is more than likely a logisitics issue, how many maps do we let them store, how much do we charge for extra storage, do we give the storage by actual size or just X maps, ect. ect.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    This is more than likely a logisitics issue, how many maps do we let them store, how much do we charge for extra storage, do we give the storage by actual size or just X maps, ect. ect.

But if the "library" for "UGC assets" (not live maps) was client-side they wouldn't have to worry about the logistics of storing it, we would.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited June 2013
    But if the "library" for "UGC assets" (not live maps) was client-side they wouldn't have to worry about the logistics of storing it, we would.

All The Best
    yep! these should be saved locally, for speed anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]