test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1 min foundry

panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
is this an exploit see ppl askin in chat for cw to help them and offering to pay them to push something off cliff
Post edited by panthro8 on

Comments

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seen that, not sure honestly. Wouldn't be surprised though. People were actually raging over it in chat yesterday. Some CW said he didn't get paid and the person asking was saying the CW messed it up or something. ROFL.

The thing with the foundry is that the time requirement is kinda goofy. As far as time goes they only have to average 15 minutes for the daily. So if the author (or anyone else) knows a shortcut they can finish them in way less time and still get credit. As long as most people still do it the hard way and take forever it keeps the average time up into qualified levels.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great yet another exploit. :(
    Probably a Foundry mission specifically made so there is a 'trick' which enables you to finish it extremely fast.

Why doesn't Cryptic just set a flag that activates if a foundry mission is run much more quickly than the average time?
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If I had to take a guess, its people grouping up on solo foundry quests and just blowing through them.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just report exploit maps. They'll get taken down eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If I had to take a guess, its people grouping up on solo foundry quests and just blowing through them.

Maybe, but whatever it is, it sounds more complicated than that. The guy refusing to pay in zone chat yesterday was upset because the CW didn't knock ALL the mobs off a cliff at once. Instead of one at a time. Who knows.
  • Options
    panthro8panthro8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    tried to get the map name (insert name here) so I don't make it worse but couldn't find it even by searching the name exactly
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there are many foundry quests that are 1 minute or otherwise very short.

this is not a problem.

it must be 15 minutes MIN to be elegible for the daily reward.

even then, if there was one with a trick or glitch that only the author knew about, you can only do 1 daily.

if he did that enough, or if the trick got out and lots of people started doing it, the time would get pushed below 15 mins and it would no longer be elegible.

also, they capped the amount of XP and loot you can get from foundry quests - it's like 10% / 2 bubbles. once you reach that point you get no more XP, and I believe loot drops stop also.

really, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    there are many foundry quests that are 1 minute or otherwise very short.

this is not a problem.

even then, if there was one with a trick or glitch that only the author knew about, you can only do 1 daily.

if he did that enough, or if the trick got out and lots of people started doing it, the time would get pushed below 15 mins and it would no longer be elegible.

also, they capped the amount of XP and loot you can get from foundry quests - it's like 10% / 2 bubbles. once you reach that point you get no more XP, and I believe loot drops stop also.

really, nothing to see here.

WRONG!

I am a level 60 CW and I wanted to see what it was about. So I joined one of these exploiters so I could see how it works and report it. With out getting into details of the exploit (Not hard to find if you really want to know) here is how it works.

Enter the exploited foundry mission.
    Cast the one spell.
    All mobs die.
    Exit map and it gives you all XP and daily.

The reason it does not CAP your XP or not count the minutes I am not sure. I think it is because you are not killing the mobs the conventional way but similar to the old exploits people use in the EPIC dungeons to clear faster. And no its not the same spell as that exploit.

But they really need to hotfix it. THERE IS SOMETHING TO SEE HERE.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IMO, the foundry needs to be priority 1. Let foundry quests give the best xp and loot and work hard to prevent exploits.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Wrong. It must be a 15 minute average. And once the foundry has a high average nothing stops the maker from adding in a shortcut after the fact.

Depends on how many times its ran short as opposed to long. I made a foundry that runs about 15 minutes if you choose all the easy paths. Its average time is over 20 minutes though because many some still choose the harder difficulties. As far as exploits go: Yes, if everyone knew/did it then its time would eventually drop down. But its not an instant thing.