test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some QoL improvements I'd like to see implemented...

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says, below are some QoL improvements I'd like to see implemented:

1. Allow us to place a stack of items up for auction, while specifying a different per-piece price and per-stack price.

2. Disable mounts in certain areas - like up on the Auction Kiosk or in the area immediately around mailboxes, (put in a short timer of like 10 seconds, so people just passing by won't get dismounted).

3. Place some campfires down in the main area of PE.

4. Note the gender of humanoid companions, in their description.

5. Provide a way of transferring account-bound items; This could be implemented as a small account bank or via some sort of player housing, (with a similar account storage area).

6. Implement a limiter on sound effects - specifically for sounds and effects certain mounts make when you summon/unsummon them or when tapping/holding the space bar.

7. Allow us to dye our companions and mounts.

8. Allow us to combine stacks of bound and unbound items - just have a popup that warns that doing so will make all items in the stack bound to you.

9. Give all melee companions increased threat generation, or add threat increasing and threat reducing runes - there's almost no reason to take a striker companion on a squishy character as they don't do enough damage to make up for the enemies coming at you instead of them. Also add an "attack/stop attacking" toggle, or an option to assist/attack on own, so we can send them ahead of us.

10. If I begin using a power, and get interrupted, that power should not go on cooldown - they should only do so if actually used.

11. Fix Tiefling tails while on mounts.

12. Fix Rogue masks, (they clip particularly badly with Half-Orcs), or allow us to choose to only display the hood part w/o the mask, if the headwear has both pieces.

13. Allow us to buy basic profession resources and assets via the Gateway. While you're at it remove the 'Beta' tags from the Gateway.

14. Make official, Neverwinter-only, trade and LFG channels.

If you have any opinions or additions, feel free to add them!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (they clip particularly badly with Half-Orcs)

Yes, yes they do.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like a very good list with things I would like to see.

Number 2 is in place by the Astral diamond vendor, though there is no timer as it will boot you right off your horse if you try to cut through her section on the map.
  • craftymangcraftymang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix dwarf noses clipping through all helms
  • kalyctokalycto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Good list.
    1. Allow us to place a stack of items up for auction, while specifying a different per-piece price and per-stack price.

Every in-game AH should have this feature imo.

YES!
    12. Fix Rogue masks, (they clip particularly badly with Half-Orcs), or allow us to choose to only display the hood part w/o the mask, if the headwear has both pieces.

I expect clipping in certain older MMOs (WoW) but not something this new... I have a half-orc rogue so this is really irksome.
    9. Give all melee companions increased threat generation, or add threat increasing and threat reducing runes - there's almost no reason to take a striker companion on a squishy character as they don't do enough damage to make up for the enemies coming at you instead of them. Also add an "attack/stop attacking" toggle, or an option to assist/attack on own, so we can send them ahead of us.

Just made a thread about how lackluster the Neverember Guard is despite costing Zen... he creates less threat than the COMMON tank companion. Absurd.

I am shocked that there weren't LFG or Trade chats already implemented... seems like a fairly basic thing to have in an MMO.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the topic of dying your companions - just apply the dye as a general primary/secondary/accent option across all the companion's garb, or to their fur, teeth & claws, or eyes, for animals that don't have clear primary/secondary/accent divisions.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • c2n2c2n2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    5. Provide a way of transferring account-bound items; This could be implemented as a small account bank or via some sort of player housing, (with a similar account storage area).

Love this idea, even a single building marked as an apartment building that everyone used the same door on would be nice. It would be even better too if it showed on the map so you could go there to access your 'banked' items instead of having to crash to PE, errrr i mean go to PE.

Also, please, please when we get a companion why not let us pick the race and gender??
    8. Allow us to combine stacks of bound and unbound items - just have a popup that warns that doing so will make all items in the stack bound to you.

Yes!

This would actually be nice for Guardians as well, perhaps Defense + Threat Generation or some such thing.
    10. If I begin using a power, and get interrupted, that power should not go on cooldown - they should only do so if actually used.

This i have to disagree with. I think powers that are interrupted should go on cooldown. This is the best way to keep players from spamming powers other than increasing cooldowns and/or making abilities share more cooldowns. It makes casting abilities more strategic than just hitting the button when the cooldown is up.
    13. Allow us to buy basic profession resources and assets via the Gateway. While you're at it remove the 'Beta' tags from the Gateway.

Or even a general store in each zone. Take one of the houses that you can't enter and just give the door the shiny sparkles.

Ug please yes, the chat spam in PE is unbearable.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Custom_Channel_List - there are already custom channels , thing is that noone uses them . If you want to be one of the few people using them I suggest go ahead and try them out instead of spreading false info on the forums .
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Custom_Channel_List - there are already custom channels , thing is that noone uses them . If you want to be one of the few people using them I suggest go ahead and try them out instead of spreading false info on the forums .

They are not official channels, and they are cross-game. I do not want to see Champions or Star Trek Online items being sold in the same channel. I also don't want to see items being sold on shards I cannot get into. Why don't you think for a second before accusing others of posting "false info".
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

No one uses them because very few know of them.

What false info the OP asked for Official trade and lfg channels those do not exist.
    If they did it would cut down on the issues in zone and allow for factual reporting of the spam.
    But cryptic took the easy lazy way out in creating channels and put it on the players to do so.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013

How is he spreading false info? Unless you believe there is absolutely no difference between "official" channels and player made channels listed in a wiki. Your tone alone, seems to indicate otherwise.
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    2. Disable mounts in certain areas - like up on the Auction Kiosk or in the area immediately around mailboxes, (put in a short timer of like 10 seconds, so people just passing by won't get dismounted).

I know they already have this implemented around Rhix so it should not be hard to do in other areas.
    edited June 2013
    I know they already have this implemented around Rhix so it should not be hard to do in other areas.

But I wouldn't want it to knock people off their mounts if this were to be added to more heavily trafficked areas, like near the Postal Courier by the Auction House. At least giving people enough time to ride past would be nice.

Thanks for all the feedback & keep it coming!
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For the love of whatever diety or none, add a tab for collectibles/enhancements. I get you want to sell bags, I will buy them but there is simply too much going on inventory wise.

Abolish the seal system. It can't be more worthless. There is no disagreement because it is the truth
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote:
    Abolish the seal system. It can't be more worthless. There is no disagreement because it is the truth

I would have to disagree with this part - it provides an alternate, more predictable way of acquiring better gear. I just think what gear is offered should be revamped and adjusted. In lower levels, yeah, the seal items are kinda pointless.
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    How is he spreading false info? Unless you believe there is absolutely no difference between "official" channels and player made channels listed in a wiki. Your tone alone, seems to indicate otherwise.

Worse than that, not only are they cross-shard and cross game but many of them are now full of spambots...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Any other thoughts or input?
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gateway - add a small indicator at the character select screen to indicate that a character has completed tasks that could use attention. (Seriously - I'm juggling 7 characters, with a couple that will be on long term tasks. Which 2 can vary, so it'd be nice just to know which ones I need to worry about instead of going through all 7.)
    edited June 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    Gateway - add a small indicator at the character select screen to indicate that a character has completed tasks that could use attention. (Seriously - I'm juggling 7 characters, with a couple that will be on long term tasks. Which 2 can vary, so it'd be nice just to know which ones I need to worry about instead of going through all 7.)

Great idea - even just a little icon or 'tic' next to characters with completed tasks and another for characters with inactive profession slots.
  • jadoramp2jadoramp2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would really like to sort my profession resources by profession or quality and the default alphabetically.
    edited June 2013
    jadoramp2 wrote: »
    I would really like to sort my profession resources by profession or quality and the default alphabetically.

Another excellent suggestion; Perhaps have a dropdown with different sort options.

Reading some other threads, I though of another great idea:

In the auction house, show the last 3 sale prices of an item we've selected.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Allow us to have two userbars with the option to buy a third, to prevent the hassle of manually dragging and dropping powers.

Ex: A CW would have one encounter setup for CC and another for DPS.

To restrict this, they'd have two options:
    1.) All encounter powers must be off of cooldown to switch and all encounter powers go on cooldown when you switch. This may be used during battle, though.
    2.) You may only switch when out of battle.
    edited June 2013
    Allow us to have two userbars with the option to buy a third, to prevent the hassle of manually dragging and dropping powers.

Ex: A CW would have one encounter setup for CC and another for DPS.

To restrict this, they'd have two options:
    1.) All encounter powers must be off of cooldown to switch and all encounter powers go on cooldown when you switch. This may be used during battle, though.
    2.) You may only switch when out of battle.

So like an alternate preset hotbar? Sounds good to me. It'd have to dispell any persistent buffs granted by powers as well - like if you had shield on as a CW.
    edited June 2013
    Any other thoughts/ideas/opinions?