test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Question on the outrageous market...unobtainable items?

psion6psion6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thought I'd ask- if you weren't one of the players who had Caste on farm exploiting to finish it, or one who buys illegal currency outside the game, how are you supposed to obtain the items that are 5+ mill AD on the auction house?

Save up 5-10k astral diamonds a day for a half a year? Cmon...it just seems like some of these items on the auction house and in the market in general are somewhat unobtainable for players unwilling to exploit or use cash to stimulate their AD reserves.

With market prices like that, I would almost say NW players are encouraged to use outside means to gain enough AD to be able to afford some of the better items in the game. I've seen some armor enchantments listed at 7-9 million AD...I mean.....really? Who has that kind of change laying around besides the one who exploited the market that they didn't ban?
Post edited by psion6 on

Comments

• Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1) Do you really need those enchantments?
    2) I has made over 6 million AD as a completely F2P player. No ward exploit, no exploit farming. Just pawned off a few of the more valuable things I've gotten in T2 delves. The AH is your friend even if ridiculously buggy.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    The AH is your friend even if ridiculously buggy.

Understatement of the century.

+1 internets for that.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The market will remain incredibly unbalanced for as long as you can purchase HoNW packs with 2mill AD and AD exploits exist. Those two things inject a lot of extra AD into the market, far more than doing dailies will ever get a player.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    psion6psion6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    1) Do you really need those enchantments?
    2) I has made over 6 million AD as a completely F2P player. No ward exploit, no exploit farming. Just pawned off a few of the more valuable things I've gotten in T2 delves. The AH is your friend even if ridiculously buggy.

What things? you mean the T2 gear that now sells for less than 25k AD? You'd have to sell a lot more than a 'few' of those to come up with 6 million AD. Oh, and btw- that 6 million AD it took you months to accumulate won't even buy a top notch enchantment on the current market. You're making my point for me.
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    psion6 wrote: »
    What things? you mean the T2 gear that now sells for less than 25k AD? You'd have to sell a lot more than a 'few' of those to come up with 6 million AD. Oh, and btw- that 6 million AD it took you months to accumulate won't even buy a top notch enchantment on the current market. You're making my point for me.

I've gone from around 100k AD to around 3 million AD in under a week. Twice. Only took around 4 days the second time.

It doesn't take months if you know how to play the market. It does take a while to figure that out, though.

Also, what top notch enchants are you talking about here? Rank 10 and Perfect enchants? Why would you expect to be able to get those easily? More to the point, why would you even want to get them easily? You really think that would be good for the health of the game and your enjoyment of it?

Like you say, they're top notch. Top of the top. End of the line, you win the game, nothing else to get status. Of course they cost A LOT and take a long time to make and/or afford.

If they just handed them to you as soon as you hit 60, you'd have nothing else to do. You'd get bored and quit. They are the ultimate carrot on the mile-long stick.

You don't need them. But you do want them.

And you'd get them faster if you stopped whining and started focusing on figuring out how to get them.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I don't know what server your on but i can fully gear my GF and my pet, stock up on pots, buy a "rare" mount, and get dyes to look awesome all at around 1.5 Million AD. Which i can easily make in a couple of days. I have AD i don't spend because i already have everything i want. Oh and "btw" if i takes you months to earn AD you should go play another game, this one is not for you.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »
    Oh and "btw" if i takes you months to earn AD you should go play another game, this one is not for you.

Eh. If you don't have T2+ on farm, it's likely you aren't making mass amounts of AD in a short time. And if everyone ("play another game, this is not for you") had T2 on farm to get that AD quickly..... they wouldn't be, because everyone would have their T2 already. (Ditto for the auction mega-traders.... only so many people can do the "flip things on the market" approach, because it depends on lots of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> being posted & bought by people who don't understand the market well.)

(tl;dr - you can only "work the system" to get large profits if there are a lot of people who aren't "working the system"....)

...that said, I've made enough AD to exchange for a T3 mount, 3-4 big profession packs, half a dozen small profession packs, and some dye. Haven't stepped in a dungeon since regular Mad Dragon, but I've got eight characters doing crafting & invoking & selling celestial coin enchant boxes.
  • Options
    xhaxonxhaxon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kindyre wrote: »
    I've gone from around 100k AD to around 3 million AD in under a week. Twice. Only took around 4 days the second time.

It doesn't take months if you know how to play the market. It does take a while to figure that out, though.

Also, what top notch enchants are you talking about here? Rank 10 and Perfect enchants? Why would you expect to be able to get those easily? More to the point, why would you even want to get them easily? You really think that would be good for the health of the game and your enjoyment of it?

Like you say, they're top notch. Top of the top. End of the line, you win the game, nothing else to get status. Of course they cost A LOT and take a long time to make and/or afford.

If they just handed them to you as soon as you hit 60, you'd have nothing else to do. You'd get bored and quit. They are the ultimate carrot on the mile-long stick.

You don't need them. But you do want them.

And you'd get them faster if you stopped whining and started focusing on figuring out how to get them.

Easy to say but hard to do.
    You sir, should definitely write a short guide on how you make that much AD in under a week.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thought I'd ask- if you weren't one of the players who had Caste on farm exploiting to finish it, or one who buys illegal currency outside the game, how are you supposed to obtain the items that are 5+ mill AD on the auction house?

Save up 5-10k astral diamonds a day for a half a year? Cmon...it just seems like some of these items on the auction house and in the market in general are somewhat unobtainable for players unwilling to exploit or use cash to stimulate their AD reserves.

With market prices like that, I would almost say NW players are encouraged to use outside means to gain enough AD to be able to afford some of the better items in the game. I've seen some armor enchantments listed at 7-9 million AD...I mean.....really? Who has that kind of change laying around besides the one who exploited the market that they didn't ban?

It might be a surprise for you, but one option is to GET GOOD and GO FOR THEM INTO DUNGEONS.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You start with the cheap but good items, not the best in slot, but the "Close enough" stuff that sells for 5-20 thousand AD, then you find a guild and start running tier 2 dungeons. You start to pick up set pieces and best in slot at this point, then you get lucky once in a while and get a 1 million item and sell it. After a while, you'll be able to start paying for top-end things.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also one reliable way to do it is to preclear then clear Epic Karu 2-5 times during dungeon delves. You get a group that knows what it's doing you can single target the boss dead in about 4-8 minutes, open DD chest, rinse repeat.
  • Options
    greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    outragous prces? its not hard to accumulate welth in this game, its actually really really easy. Mind you i do not cheat nor buy my AD or any of that, its simply playing the AH game. First off i have spent about 100 dollars total on this game 60 for the founders pack and 40 so far just cause i was opening chests. Anyhoo, how i have accumulated ALOT of ad is by playing the AH. I started with selling randome t1 items for GFs, and rank 3-6 enchants. when i had about 1m ad i baught a few blue wards and started to buy up the shards for what people wanted. id convert the shards to lesser enchants and sell em, when i was sitting at 3-6M ad i started upgrading the lessers to regular enchants for the weapon or armor and those sell for nice money too. i play the AH about an hr a day and do the DD for t1 or t2 GF items. i can tell you i am sitting on about 30+ M ad just by playing the AH. IF you play the AH game well you can buy some nice items for dirt cheap but you need to stay on top of it so the when an item is about to expire you need to be online so that no one is outbidding you the last min. for instence i baught my lvl 60 gemmed shirt/pants for cheap i am talking about my shirt i won it for 2k last week and my pants for 4k, that is dirt cheap due to what most peeps are asking for. and as i was writing this a few of my items sold and made another 5M ad. so yes accumulating AD isnt hard at all. stop complaining, if u want weath in any mmo you need to figure a way to make it and then you can buy w/e you wish
  • Options
    greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you want a guide there it is, lol nothing has changed in mmos and accumulating weath have that a free or subscription game AH has always been the main way to make in game money legitly
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »
    I don't know what server your on but i can fully gear my GF and my pet, stock up on pots, buy a "rare" mount, and get dyes to look awesome all at around 1.5 Million AD. Which i can easily make in a couple of days. I have AD i don't spend because i already have everything i want. Oh and "btw" if i takes you months to earn AD you should go play another game, this one is not for you.
    this guy is a ****in troll and should be stoned to death
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Oh my god, how dare you think you could PLAY the actual game without the additional "auctioneer" aspect and remain successful!!!"

The auction house in this game is the deal breaker, because it's mandatory. Sadly this is assumed to be a good thing and immediately is used as the go to excuse for everyone.

Lame.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Uh, all that T2 gear is going to be BoP soon, so no one really cares about your "millions of AD" since it will be unobtainable soon.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER