What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You have to be kidding me...

1235»

Comments

• ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danzlyra wrote: »
    Which is why GW2 is my favorite of the recent games that has come out. They did a lot of things right and that is one of them.

They did some things right and lots of things wrong according to their community .
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would slap every single one of you whiners if i had the chance. This game is only a few months old and you treat it like its been out for a year.

Seriously, grow up.
  • tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    This is what happens when you guys have to have stinking PVP in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise PVP. It has no place in a regular game. And seriously what is so fun about blasting and killing each other in a game?
    Probably the lamest forum post I've ever read.
  • sortilegessortileges Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Coming back from my EQ check and the next EQ will be EQ Next and is not quite there yet. So you guys have some time to convince me of you game and then maybel I'll put money in it.

bugs55678, you must be working for microsoft since you seem to be so forgiving on launching something with bugs
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I agree with those who think we should not have had a re-balancing, because none of the classes nor the races were ever meant to be balanced even in the pnp game, they each should be OP in the right circumstance and right situation each should own the moment if those circumstances or situations come up.
  • cureforhumanitycureforhumanity Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    I would slap every single one of you whiners if i had the chance. This game is only a few months old and you treat it like its been out for a year.

Seriously, grow up.

If you declare a game 'live' and have a full micro transaction set up, and you don't have class talent trees and have made no announcements regarding them in ages, your priorities are off. It doesn't look very good to a customer.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yet another thread is about to be closed due to the inability of some to respect your fellow Neverwinter forumites. Let's get back on topic, please.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If this post sounds a little pissed off it's because I am - I've been a gamer most of my life (and I'm not 15) this trend towards games with no content and nothing to do but lots of shiny <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the kiddies to spend money on is a seriously bad trend. Gamers are seemingly not into *playing* their games anymore...

Sadly this trend of players not wanting to play their games is very common. Look at single player games. A single player game used to have a target of around 40 hours of gameplay. Then they started making more graphically intense games and aimed for 20 hours of play. What they discovered is that people were not finishing the games. 20 hours was too long. So now you see games that are 10 hours long (or sometimes even shorter) and far from being upset about it, the gaming community as a whole is fine with it because they don't want to play a single player game for 20 hours. I refuse to buy these short games because I feel like I am getting ripped off (I wouldn't go to a movie that was 20 minutes long either). But since more and more players are fine with short games that is what we get.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yet another thread is about to be closed due to the inability of some to respect your fellow Neverwinter forumites. Let's get back on topic, please.

no offense andre, but honestly I don't get why this threat to lock a thread would deter ANYONE who is here to troll, vex, irritate or flame the hell out of the thread because they disagree with the op. If anything that's going to give them the inclination that all they have to do is to keep provoking folks with rubbish ad hominem and straw man arguments some more til they "win" by having you lock the thread and thus justify their actions.
    edited June 2013
    There's simply far too little to do and far too much to BUY in this game, this is pay 2 win at pretty much every angle; I just don't see the point, the second you get an advantage over another player by buying an item you pretty much remove my motivation to bother playing, to be clear I don't really have issue with pay for services like more exp pots or whatever...but the second you allow players to gain a competitive advantage in end game and pvp by throwing money at the game you remove all interest on my side....I'm just not interested in keeping up with the jones's in video games.

Truth be told the trouble is you do want to keep up with the Jones's you simply wish to do so through effort spent in game instead of effort spent at a real world job where you earn money to buy things in the game. I truly have no interest in keeping up with the Jones's. I don't care if people are better than me and I don't care if they got that way from playing more than me or simply buying more than me. For the longest time the people that played the most got to be the most powerful. Now you can be the most powerful either by playing the most or by spending the most (or a combination of the two). The non-competitive people such as myself don't mind that there are now two ways to become better (though I prefer playing a game versus paying to skip it so I choose to only get things through in-game effort). The old-school competitive players that were used to being the best because they played the most (or at least played the most efficiently) don't appreciate the competition they now have from people that simply outspend them. I am fine with it because the people that spend a lot let me play for free (in a F2P game a player that prefers to only acquire things through in-game effort ends up playing completely for free). If you could relax your competitive spirit you would find that the F2P trend actually lets you play MMO's for free with no need for a monthly fee even. That does not address the problem that this is the most shallow MMO I have ever seen and truly has almost nothing to do, but overall the move to F2P has been a nice one as long as you don't need to keep up the with Jones's.
    edited June 2013
    I, and my 1980 Dungeon Master's Guide, strongly di
    Really so your DM never had to adjust, think or devise challenges for your party? You just played stricktly by the book man your sessions must have been boring. What happened when you had a well developed character that out preformed the rest of the group and could nerf any of the by the book scenarios?

The main difference is that the DM wanted you to have fun. He was not trying to beat you. He was trying to give you a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. The foundry is an example of this. The makers of foundry quests are trying to design content for you to enjoy. By your definition that makes foundry content PvP. In actual PvP the other players care nothing about you and simply wish to end your character's life (and if it happens to upset you all the better). This is nothing like the relationship a DM has with his players.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    If anything that's going to give them the inclination that all they have to do is to keep provoking folks with rubbish ad hominem and straw man arguments some more til they "win" by having you lock the thread and thus justify their actions.

Not if they no longer have forum accounts.

You bring up two separate issues there though. If someone continually violates our forum policies, they will most likely be banned. The Rules of Conduct are in place for a reason.

If a thread just veers so far off the intention of the OP, then we have no choice but to close a thread. Sometimes these two situations overlap, but not always.

Anyways, that's a rare glimpse to answer a very good question.

Now, this is the end of this moderator discussion. Back on topic, please... :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Truth be told the trouble is you do want to keep up with the Jones's you simply wish to do so through effort spent in game instead of effort spent at a real world job where you earn money to buy things in the game. I truly have no interest in keeping up with the Jones's. I don't care if people are better than me and I don't care if they got that way from playing more than me or simply buying more than me. For the longest time the people that played the most got to be the most powerful. Now you can be the most powerful either by playing the most or by spending the most (or a combination of the two). The non-competitive people such as myself don't mind that there are now two ways to become better (though I prefer playing a game versus paying to skip it so I choose to only get things through in-game effort). The old-school competitive players that were used to being the best because they played the most (or at least played the most efficiently) don't appreciate the competition they now have from people that simply outspend them. I am fine with it because the people that spend a lot let me play for free (in a F2P game a player that prefers to only acquire things through in-game effort ends up playing completely for free). If you could relax your competitive spirit you would find that the F2P trend actually lets you play MMO's for free with no need for a monthly fee even. That does not address the problem that this is the most shallow MMO I have ever seen and truly has almost nothing to do, but overall the move to F2P has been a nice one as long as you don't need to keep up the with Jones's.

This is a very thin argument which reeks of bias. In fact it's a very odd way of seeing a game.

A video game is mostly an INTERACTIVE form of intertainment, it requires you input time and skill to complete, if you don't PLAY the game, you don't GET to the end of it and see it all, it's not a book, or a movie which are just entertainment it's INTERACTIVE, claiming that you should be fine paying to not have to interact, tells me you'd be better off buying one of the many D&D books and that you'd enjoy them a lot more. And that it would be far more economical on your wallet.
    Not if they no longer have forum accounts.

You bring up two separate issues there though. If someone continually violates our forum policies, they will most likely be banned. The Rules of Conduct are in place for a reason.

If a thread just veers so far off the intention of the OP, then we have no choice but to close a thread. Sometimes these two situations overlap, but not always.

Anyways, that's a rare glimpse to answer a very good question.

Now, this is the end of this moderator discussion. Back on topic, please... :)

Thank you for responding, as always even if we disagree you remain a gent.
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    This is a very thin argument which reeks of bias. In fact it's a very odd way of seeing a game.

A video game is mostly an INTERACTIVE form of intertainment, it requires you input time and skill to complete, if you don't PLAY the game, you don't GET to the end of it and see it all, it's not a book, or a movie which are just entertainment it's INTERACTIVE, claiming that you should be fine paying to not have to interact, tells me you'd be better off buying one of the many D&D books and that you'd enjoy them a lot more. And that it would be far more economical on your wallet.

I never said that. I specifically said I prefer to get where I am going by playing a game rather than paying money to skip the process of earning whatever it is I am looking for. This is why I have managed to play every F2P game I have ever played entirely for free.

What I said, is that you should be fine with other people paying to skip a game. If people were not overly competitive and stopped viewing a cooperative game (which is what a PvE MMO is) as a competitive game they would discover that the main difference between P2P and F2P games is that F2P games are completely free and simply take a bit long to earn the things you want (e.g. it takes more effort to earn a 24 slot bag in this game than it does in a P2P game because you have to earn 1000 Zen worth of AD to buy it). I realize someone is paying real money for that bag I am buying, but it isn't me. I am simply on a quest to earn 350,000 AD (or whatever 1000 Zen costs at that time). This actually makes acquiring what I want take longer than most P2P games that tend to give many things (like bags and bank space) away for little to no effort.

That does not change my opinion that this game has little to do. It may take me longer to earn bags (which makes game progress a little slower and helps the game last a little longer), but it is still lacking in content. The point was simply this, you don't have to be bothered by the fact that other people are paying to skip content (any more than you would be bothered by your friend cheating his way through a single player game). Your fellow players are here to work with you in a cooperative manner to defeat the NPC's (which is how PvE games work).

Having people pay more than you and get more than you only becomes a problem if you think you are competing with them. You should only be competing in PvP and as many of the previous threads pointed out, PvP in an MMO is always imbalanced because gear and level has too much impact on a character's power. Counterstrike makes for balanced PvP. There are no levels and there is no special gear. It is balanced because everyone starts out the same and they just do battle. MMO PvP exists for those people that prefer imbalanced PvP. Now there is simply more than one way to create that imbalance. You can play more or you can pay more and both will make you stronger.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just voicing my support to those that want to separate out PvP. That some want to play PvP is OK, just don't ruin the PvE experience most of us want. DnD is about PvE not PvP(with rare exceptions). Bringing in new classes that are truely distinct from each other, would make the the same content not quite so boring because you would have to play the content in a completely different manner than you did with a previous character. Having all of the Paragon paths for each class actually function would be a help towards re-playability. Whether they introduce new content, or new classes, or fix the bugs first (all are of equal importance) is immaterial to me as long as progress is made, and each time more of the DnD feel creeps into the game.

OT: For the single player game comment, try the The Witcher 1 and 2. Both have about 40 hours of game play and are highly replayable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]