What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.18

Comments

• Options
    morrigan81morrigan81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was it brought to attention yet, that Luskan on at least the Dragon server is completely useless?
    If you are aliened with Luskan, basically you loose no matter what. Due to whatever bug is going on with that place.
    My guild leader picked Luskan, so our whole guilds kinda screwed right now due to this. Please fix it. - . -

Had to place this in here as well. To see if it reaches anyone that's de-bugging <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right now.

Software debugging is not as simple as you can imagine.
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    Closing to post new patch notes shortly.
    Silly me, posted in the wrong forum. Apologies for the confusion.

Currently tracking these issues, thanks for bringing them up in the thread.
    • Savage Enchantment not properly giving or displaying buffs.
    • History tab clears History upon viewing it a second time.
    • Load issues with Gauntlgrym that resulted in characters getting stuck and unpredictable scoring / victory behavior (e.g. reports of catapults switching side, factions feeling like they're fighting an uphill battle).
  • Options
    kimbo911kimbo911 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    can someone tell me when i can get on and play again ?????? as the launcher still does not work i have re-installed the game so now i have no GameClient.exe. I like the game. Maybe they should sort it as there is quite alot of people with this problem of the launcher not appearing.
    PLEASE PLEASE sort it ive been waiting almost a week now to play.
  • Options
    teapotguruteapotguru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    is it hard for simple minded people like you to understand... people that work on bugs are not the same people that work on new content... their are divisions in a company and rarely do people from different departments cross over.

This does not excuse them for releasing bugged/incomplete content or mechanics!!
  • Options
    dranatharcondranatharcon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    teapotguru wrote: »
    This does not excuse them for releasing bugged/incomplete content or mechanics!!

Have you ever worked in a development team? Sometimes things fall through the cracks, the game breaking bug was happening on one server, it's impossible to catch every single bug before the content goes live.
  • Options
    ptreese84ptreese84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kimbo911 wrote: »
    can someone tell me when i can get on and play again ?????? as the launcher still does not work i have re-installed the game so now i have no GameClient.exe. I like the game. Maybe they should sort it as there is quite alot of people with this problem of the launcher not appearing.
    PLEASE PLEASE sort it ive been waiting almost a week now to play.

Does it show the icon in the taskbar and not the launcher itself?
  • Options
    lordjaoavandallordjaoavandal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Neverwinter launcher wont work and when i tried the STO launcher it also didnt work
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morrigan81 wrote: »
    Software debugging is not as simple as you can imagine.

Hi, Mori! ^_^
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem too.
    it appears in the taskbar but when i click it the launcher window wont appear i tried to set it up again still it didnt get fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem too.
    it appears in the taskbar but when i click it the launcher window wont appear i tried to set it up again still it didnt get fixed
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    terramak wrote: »

This isn't exactly how your bug works. You can write and view your bio as many times as you want during the same session. You can even view it if you log out and back in and right-click on your upper left-hand character portrait and select "Inspect". But if you log out and back in and open your character sheet and click the history tab, it will eat your bio. That is how your bug works.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    This isn't exactly how your bug works. You can write and view your bio as many times as you want during the same session. You can even view it if you log out and back in and right-click on your upper left-hand character portrait and select "Inspect". But if you log out and back in and open your character sheet and click the history tab, it will eat your bio. That is how your bug works.

Thanks. That info should help us find and fix the issue more quickly.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. That info should help us find and fix the issue more quickly.

Thank you! I know it's a triage situation and probably seems like a small thing (just some words, right?), but to the people who bring their imagination to Neverwinter, your Foundry authors and roleplayers, that little space for words constitutes at least half of what their characters are, and in some cases a whole lot more.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guys my neverwinter launcher wont open when in the taskbar please help at least let me know what i should do
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can u tell me how to get back on neverwinter i like the game and have been waiting over a week for a fix to the launcher that's invisible plus before i deleted the game and re-installed i had the file GameClient.exe but that would only load up to connection to account server then it would say cant connect to account server PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help i have been waiting ages to play again
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    edited because the post double up :p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sorry guys im here again for those with the invisible launcher problems
    after searching everything for a week i might have found a little fix for it. simple yet effective

"fix":
    Rightclick the icon of the game, go to properties, change the "normal window" option to max, open the launcher, close it, change it back to "normal window" and it'll show up again.

hope it works for u guys its the only thing ive found that works for me in over a week lol
    happy playing
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kimbo911 wrote: »
    sorry guys im here again for those with the invisible launcher problems
    after searching everything for a week i might have found a little fix for it. simple yet effective

"fix":
    Rightclick the icon of the game, go to properties, change the "normal window" option to max, open the launcher, close it, change it back to "normal window" and it'll show up again.

hope it works for u guys its the only thing ive found that works for me in over a week lol
    happy playing
    OMG thank you so much man it really helped me and now i can finally play!
    You rock!
  • Options
    valeciavalecia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    do anyone know if there are manual patches to download? dont have much data left and need to do it on two pc's.... please
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    DL it on one and copy the folder
  • Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I placed mine on a external drive (2 tb) less problems
  • Options
    spraynard1spraynard1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyone else's alchemy stuck at 100xp and not advancing to rank 2 with no way to increase it. experimenting is no longer availiable .. my other character is fine. did the experiment, got 100xp & dinged to rank 2
  • Options
    skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Closing to post new patch notes shortly.
    Silly me, posted in the wrong forum. Apologies for the confusion.

Currently tracking these issues, thanks for bringing them up in the thread.
    • Savage Enchantment not properly giving or displaying buffs.
    • Load issues with Gauntlgrym that resulted in characters getting stuck and unpredictable scoring / victory behavior (e.g. reports of catapults switching side, factions feeling like they're fighting an uphill battle).

Thanks Terramak, one for posting here, and two for sharing with us the issues you are focusing on.

If I may, I noticed your list of issues are all from NEW CONTENT. Any chance you guys will focus on issues from OLD CONTENT?

If I may add to your list:

* PLEASE ADD TO CURRENTLY TRACKED ISSUES *

Here is a list of current CW bugs:

Nightmare Wizardry: Applies the Combat Advantage debuff to your entire party and yourself, not just your target.

Snap Freeze: Doesn't work at all.

Tiefling racial is not compatible with and overwrites the feat Tempest Magic.

Archmage set bonus does not work.

Gladiator Mage set bonus only works with four encounter powers: Chill Strike, CoI, Entangling Force, Ray of Enfeeblement.

Fatebender set bonus does not work. The buff icon appears, but the damage is apparently not increased for any encounter powers.

All feats that give a bonus to AoE damage + Evocation class feature only work on two powers: Steal Time & Shield Pulse

None of the feats that boost damage to Storm Pillar work.

Elemental Empowerment only works for CoI. Verdict is still out if it even applies the Arcane buff at all.

Assailing Force does not work in PvP vs Trickster Rogues or GWFs. The change to CoI to make it a DoT is primarily responsible, as the supposed changes to remove DoT cleansing from TRs and GWFs actually did not do as advertised. When they use things like Impossible to Catch in the case of TRs, the DoT and the debuff are both cleansed.

Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm do not crit. Neither can Shards of the Endless Avalanche when slotted in the Tab.

Eye of the Storm does not apply to any power that has a persistent effect: SotEA, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm, etc

Sudden Storm does less damage than the tooltip indicates.

High Vizier's set bonus does not properly apply:

- High Vizier Set: Reports of Chill Strike not proccing set bonus in Tab slot.

- High Vizier Set: Proc not working correctly with Steal Time; only works on one target even if multiple targets are hit by the power.

- High Vizier Set: Reported not to proc with Icy Terrain now.

Shadow Weaver's set bonus sometimes decides randomly to turn itself off in combat. You have to remove and put back on a piece of the set to re-enable the bonus.

Ray of Enfeeblement: Cooldown not affected by Recovery when in the Tab slot. Also when tabbed, the cooldown is not affected by any feats that reduce the cooldown.

Icy Terrain: Not properly granting the right amount of Action Points.

Shield Pulse: Cooldown now unaffected by Arcane Mastery stacks. Furthermore, it sometimes removes what stacks you do have when you burst the shield.

Icy Rays: Not proccing Elemental Empowerment.

Singularity: Somehow lost the ability to benefit from Power. Damage is less than stated on the tooltip. Possible stealth nerf. The pull effect has also been reduced without mention.

Storm Pillar: Destructive Wizardry feat not proccing unless targets are close to the caster (Estimated ~10 ft).

Storm Pillar: Does not benefit from Combat Advantage on the initial target.

Steal Time (& possibly others): Cooldown can be initiated without the power actually applying if cast immediately after a teleport.

Orb of Imposition still indicates that control spells get +5% duration even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%). At three points invested, you still actually are only getting 5% duration.

Icy Terrain and Shards of the Endless Avalanche: Little to no AP gain, all reports indicate that you only gain AP from SotEA when it is initially summoned and SOMETIMES when it explodes. Icy Terrain gives no AP at all.

You may have noticed this is just the bug list from the Control Wizard class. I'm sure the other classes have their list as well, and are waiting (impatiently) for them to be fixed. Like many, I have stopped playing this game entirely, until these OLD problems are fixed. I'm not interested in Alchemy, Gauntlegrym or any other new content, until these OLD issues are fixed FIRST. Got it?

p.s. when the above are fixed, please send out a global email to let us all know.....

Thank you for your attention!
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Counterbalancing your post are the posts that claim they do not care about bug fixes, they just want new content or they will quit playing. So what we will get is a compromise, some bug fixes, and some new content. As with every compromise no one will be happy. So that will just leave us realists to muddle along, until the extremists at both ends reappear and the whole debate begins anew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deol1deol1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great fix for the Alchemy on the Gateway but i have noticed a separate problem. I have five char slots (One for each class). While at work I do Protect Caravan on all five player chars slots two to three times a day. When I get home in the evenings and log in each char for their daily invocation I notice that none of the AD from completing the Protect Caravan are present in my refine rough astral diamond bank slot. Anyone else seen this occur or am I doing something wrong. If it is the latter I would def. appreciate the feedback. Thank you guys for all the good work. Keep it coming.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rough AD from the gateway are automaticly turned into normal AD upon recieving them
  • Options
    madotimadoti Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.18

Professions
    • Alchemy now properly shows up in the Gateway Profession list.
    • Alchemy now properly shows up in the Auction House, under the Professions category.
    • The Resources bag in the Profession inventory tab now has 30 more slots, for a total of 90.

End of Beta Event
    • Makos' Assistant is back in Protector's Enclave, and will be accepting the bones of Valindra's minions from the End of Open Beta event until 7am Pacific on July 3rd.

Gauntlgrym
    • Resolved an issue that was causing map-wide disconnects.

how to DL manual patch NEVERWINTER
  • Options
    e1ementoe1emento Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay logged into the game today. Still the lag from all the rubberbanding not yet fixed.
    Went to see Makos' apprentice but he must've been drunk somewhere else because he wasn't there at the dais. :p
  • Options
    mezmoinmobsmezmoinmobs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    strange i just started downloading a close to a 1 gig patch... Any patch notes for these ?
  • Options
    reeload69reeload69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    strange i just started downloading a close to a 1 gig patch... Any patch notes for these ?

Same here, I'm downloading it right now. No idea where it came from, a few minutes ago I was playing just fine. Oo A 1GB hotfix or what? :D
This discussion has been closed.