test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So where are our "surprises"?

Comments

• archerdeceitarcherdeceit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise me by fixing all the stuff you broke in the last big patch.
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    WoW has been out for over 10 years and only has gained 2 new classes and 5 new races. Not sure why you expect different somewhere else.

Because that is a BAD game, and this is a GOOD game?
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    Ya? And you need to live through finding shelter in a cave and being chased down by a Mountain Lion only to have to fight him off with your bare hands! See what I did there?! You have it so easy...

You think you had it rough? I've watched House of the Dead. Twice.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • jivundusjivundus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They announced 2 new elven races and 2 new crafting skills, that surprised me.
  • grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No new class? Great I can go back to playing ANY other game and feel no pain. ;)
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    I'm fairly secure in me not being a whiny "*****" about anything, Im simply voicing kinda valid concerns here and there, or offering suggestions or constructive criticism. Most game developers tend to want such things.

I see.
    One must always be wary of rabid, basement dwelling fanbois lurking about and never understimate the general silliness and vast amount of butthurt in places such as this.

This is valid concerns, suggestions, and/or constructive criticism?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • jivundusjivundus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While it isn't constructive criticism it is a valid issue The stupidity wandering around gaming forums can be quite mind boggling at times and is one of the reasons why in most cases the Devs stay quiet. Players would much rather rant and rave about the information that they heard from a friend of a friend who knows someone who has a friend of a brother who has a sister who knows someone on the team then anything said by the company
  • porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    Just did GG... wow, now this patch is even more of a disappointment. T2 PVP gear drops with terrible set bonuses?

Yeah, never doing that again. Now I guess I can wait two months for a new zone to have any kind of content to play other than CN ring farming for AD.
  • jlhopwonwjlhopwonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You paid to beta test the game. Surprise!
  • dragonlover982dragonlover982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sihvebi wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the new generation of gamers. This kind of complaining didn't happen until at least 2 weeks after the official launch back in the day.

You youngins really need to live through a real "beta" with roll backs, 48-72 hours of downtime and more tricks. Hate to sound like the kids from the AT&T commercials.. but you've got it so good these days.

AHHHH the good old days of beta testing lol man I miss those, That was back when a beta tester header actually meant you did something. These days it just means you got to play the game before release day....
    I really wish more MMO players had an IQ higher than a chihuahua
    Originally Posted by iuseforum
    Game is broken. Unpatch the game
  • dragonlover982dragonlover982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW is not based on Dungeons & Dragons.
    WoW has always had so much more content than Neverwinter it's not even funny.
    WoW has open world PvP and Factions.
    WoW has so many more features and customer support and... I could go on, but comparing the two is just plain silly.
    WoW has been out 10 years, always fairly strong or dominating the MMO genre, with only gaining 2 new classes and 5 races cause it has -everything else-

I'm as far from a Blizzard fanboy as you can get, but atleast they launched a full MMO (and yes, I was there during "the rough parts", including every expansion except Pandaria).

So does perfect world and its free to play as well. Neverwinter ismoreof a D+D themed MMO, I doubt they will ever release ALL of the races let alone classes.
    More than likely you will see an archer class and possibly a pet user class if not the two combined and elves.... more F.....ng elves.
    I really wish more MMO players had an IQ higher than a chihuahua
    Originally Posted by iuseforum
    Game is broken. Unpatch the game
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they aren't including the new class in the Fury of the Feywild information because its coming out sooner?

I love playing Rangers. It's the first character I rolled when I was a wee lad and I've played one in every D&D game that allowed me to. And I REALLY want to play one in Neverwinter. That said, I very much want the class to be done right. Good mechanics, solid animations, good sound and cool gear. If shooting arrows looks like EQ2, (just kind of twitching) I would be tremendously disappointed.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    so i came home today thinking i was gonna lvl out my 45 gwf and do GG, also start lvling alch. GG bad alch bad. so?? DLs rift..

or i can wait till DD, or GG. why wait for content?
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Surprise there is no Surprise :P Oh i guess the Surprise is the dev's never thought about adding an AH section for the mats on alchemy and also Surprise they forgot to add it to GAteway also....

What a dam joke this is.

And the other surprises is they didnt fix the exploits and bugs, issues and all the other stuff wrong before full launch. Is it because they dont want more players joining or keep the ones they have already?
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise there is no Surprise :P Oh i guess the Surprise is the dev's never thought about adding an AH section for the mats on alchemy and also Surprise they forgot to add it to GAteway also....

What a dam joke this is.

And the other surprises is they didnt fix the exploits and bugs, issues and all the other stuff wrong before full launch. Is it because they dont want more players joining or keep the ones they have already?

It's because they either a) have absolutely no QA testers or b) have the WORST QA testers
  • kamotechunks1kamotechunks1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Player Booting Fail" surprise?
  • blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013

Boring....
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise, it wasn't really a Beta, it was a soft-launch.
    Surprise, we banned everyone that found bugs in the Beta.
    Surprise, we're not wiping servers to fix the economy and the exploiters.
    Surprise, respect tokens are 6 dollars.
    Is it really rrrrr-ape if you yell surprise first?
    Are you surprised? Really?
  • diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AHHHH the good old days of beta testing lol man I miss those, That was back when a beta tester header actually meant you did something. These days it just means you got to play the game before release day....

But "open betas" haven't been real testing for a long time now. It is a "soft launch" that they call beta, so if they missed any major bugs/exploits they have an easy way out. The testing these days seems to be so bad that most companies don't want to risk a real launch and go with a "fake" open beta first.
  • vollkarachovollkaracho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep blindly defending the game, fanboys. You'll get what you want eventually, but the game will have lost most of its playerbase by then.

Wouldnt be the first time this happens :/
  • thandoblrthandoblr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    It's because they either a) have absolutely no QA testers or b) have the WORST QA testers

But at least their QA testers are paying for the "privilege" of testing for them... ;)
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The worst thing about the whole thing is that most of the exploits and skips in dungeons are usually found in alpha and early beta, and the few people in those don't bother to report them because they're not actually being held to account by an employer to do a decent job. So those same people then go on to use said exploits in the live version, happens in a lot of games.

When it comes to skips in dungeons, well you could say that's just clever use of terrain. I mean if you can jump over a wall or gap then it makes sense. Should they be removed though, particularly in Castle Never, it does make me wonder if people would run them seeing as avoiding half the encounters would no longer be possible.
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From the Neverwinter facebook page:

"We're getting ready for the release of Gauntlgrym, Alchemy, and a few other surprises tomorrow when Neverwinter launches!"

So the surprises were... what now? A couple things in the zen store that we already knew about? The bone vendor disappearing? Or the lack of class/race releases?

I will admit, I am surprised.

Edit: Cryptic has clarified. The noted "surprises" are... a few more updates about a future content pack with an indeterminate date attached. So yeah. Surprise! We just got a profession and a PVP zone with subpar gear rewards that is only accessible four hours a day.

You mean to tell me you weren't surprised today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe the lack of a surprise...was the surprise.
    Or the buggy Gauntlgyrm, having a ton of people disconnect only to log back on & see the bars flip from completely 100% Luscan's control over to 100% Delzoun was quite a surprise.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    My main suprise was the many free space on my hard drive - after I uninstalled this ****ty game (after realizing how ****ed up the late game content aka GG is)

GG CRYPTIC GG
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oxiaction wrote: »
    My main suprise was the many free space on my hard drive - after I uninstalled this ****ty game (after realizing how ****ed up the late game content aka GG is)

GG CRYPTIC GG
    Good, I was getting tired of your posts :)
  • mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    People on the internet are why we can't have nice things :(
  • osstasosstas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    translate it into Turkish, translate it into polski, but Spanish is spoken by more people than anything,
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Surprise!!

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    I see.

This is valid concerns, suggestions, and/or constructive criticism?

Aw, you quoted a single sentence out of everything I've posted here, taken out of context, and tried to use it to make a rather moronic point... How cute :P
This discussion has been closed.