test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Tier 2 TR Gear is it worth it?

fiveandfivefiveandfive Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hey all,

I was wondering if there were any of my fellow TRs who have already seen some of the T2 loot that drops for our class in the Tier 2 Crypts. I have seen on the forums the PvP T2 equiv. Excellent for PvP imo, but I'm wondering about the PvE gear. I don't know myself if I will play the new Gauntlgrym very much. If the gear in the T2 is worth it and beats the CN daggers or Swashbuckling Captain's/Sinister Shade's sets, I will invest my time in it. Not really a fan of the whole idea of PvE/PvP mix. Don't get me wrong, I think it was fun when I tried it earlier today 6-20-13. Yet, I really think that guilds and parties that organize themselves accordingly will dominate every single match and win the rights to the T2 dungeon. So if there is gear worth getting, I'd love to know.

Thanks,
fiveandfive
Post edited by fiveandfive on

Comments

• Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    there are no drops - all drops are normal t1/t2 - like sinister armor, etc. and chests only give you grym coins. t1 boss drops unicorn + 1 "old" t1 item, t2 drake seals + 1 "old" t2 item.

only "new" gear you get are the pvp items i posted in my thread "PvP T2 Set/Weapons (comp. to Swash/Ancient Weapons BiS)" and its "pvp t2" for coins. thats it.

edit: at least thats what i know/saw and what mates and other people from my fl told me after 2 gauntlgryms.
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did 4 runs of T1. Saw 2x Mage T1 PvP, 1x Cleric T1, 1x Mage T1 Main-Hand.

So it's possible that T2 drops PvP T2...
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    possible... but i would bet against it.
  • Options
    fiveandfivefiveandfive Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks all for the replies. I suppose I will do Gauntlgrym at my leisure. I just saw for the first time yesterday Re-enforced Swash bracers on the AH, and I thought it came from T2 Gaunt.
  • Options
    shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks all for the replies. I suppose I will do Gauntlgrym at my leisure. I just saw for the first time yesterday Re-enforced Swash bracers on the AH, and I thought it came from T2 Gaunt.

Reinforced stuff comes from crafting.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new Grym coins gear is also excellent for stealthy rogues. Just takes a long time to get, although I already saw one helmet up on the AH last night.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    The new Grym coins gear is also excellent for stealthy rogues. Just takes a long time to get, although I already saw one helmet up on the AH last night.

Here on Dragon every new T2 pvp TR piece is on the AH with multiple quantities.
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    On Mindflayer, I tried to advertise the T2 PvP MH Dagger as the 2nd best, after Ancient. Many troll know-it-alls in Zone chat say it's not even close to 2nd best and attempt to ridicule me for saying it's 2nd best. Little do they know how valuable 217 Armor Pen is on any single piece of gear. Combined with the 2nd highest damage range, T2 PvP daggers are right behind Ancient daggers in terms of overall damage output.

The armor set 4 bonus is amazing. The 1,116 Armor Pen on all 4 pieces is also great. However, you need to give up 2,285 Power and 2,038 compared to full Swashbuckling set... which is a lot to give up for PvE. For PvP, I think the GG set is very viable.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »

THIS. The new set you buy with Grym coins is worth it, IMHO. Slightly better stats than the old set plus more stealth uptime and more damage while stealthed.

On top of that, the pieces are selling on AH for upwards of 275k AD per. If you don't want to use the set, you can make a pretty penny on it, at least for now.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely getting the set for my rogue (+25% more stealth meter? Ch-yeah!) and for my CW (30% faster cool down on Spell Mastery Slot). Not sure about my GF and GWF. The sets seem decent but a bit sub-par.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Let me dispel the rumour that the dungeons don't drop PvP armor and weapons.

They do, T1 (Fardelver) drops T1 gear, including T1 PvP.
    T2 (Dwarf King) drops T2 gear, including T2 PvP.

As far as I've seen, they don't mix like normal dungeons (Dwarf King does not drop T1, only T2), which is pretty good.

Also, the TR PvP T2 set looks bad, just to let u know...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    gunman wrote: »
    Let me dispel the rumour that the dungeons don't drop PvP armor and weapons.

They do, T1 (Fardelver) drops T1 gear, including T1 PvP.
    T2 (Dwarf King) drops T2 gear, including T2 PvP.

As far as I've seen, they don't mix like normal dungeons (Dwarf King does not drop T1, only T2), which is pretty good.

You've seen the Grym coins gear drop from Dwarf King? Neat, I haven't seen that yet. :)
    Compared to Sinister Shade or Swashbuckling Captain, it's not as good of a set at all and certainly not in terms of direct damage. If you're running a full stealth build, it's a rather nice upgrade and carries even more armor penetration than the T1 set.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    gunman wrote: »

if you have the time/motivation you might take a screenshot of the whole set and upload it. :)
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you want a full on TR burst damage build, get the blue helmet and boot piercing that have a ton of arm pen, master assassin chest and bracers for the 2 piece set bonus of 450 power and blue items with arm pen slotted with dark and radiant enchants.

Get a greater/perfect Vorpal and you'll be doing 12k impact shots like it's nothing. A TR with 4k+ power and 2k arm pen hits like a truck especially with overrun critical. Perma-stealth rogues will avoid you once they get a taste of your burst.
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    eikoon wrote: »
    if you have the time/motivation you might take a screenshot of the whole set and upload it. :)

I just happen to have a screenshot of the set, it actually looks pretty cool in my opinion =D
    exegear_zps72ad8173.png
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya it does look nice. Real nice. **** you already got the set? Jesus you work fast lol. That set looks a hell of a lot better than the other. I wish you could not have the mask on though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks X3lade! That looks fantastic! Time to earn some more coins...

• Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    Its worth it, having Armor Pen and HP from Set, you just have to adjust for your other Enchants. And 25% longer Stealth with 5% Inc Damage is OP.

qemw.png
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So I tried out the GG PvP set today in only one 20 man PvP game. I also tested it on the dummies. The results are mixed..

On one hand, I love the set 4 bonuses of the GG PvP set, the 3k+ extra HP, and of course the crazy amount of Armor Pen is great. On the other hand, the loss of over 2k (while in combat) to both Power and Recovery is very noticable. Regular auto-attack crits are roughly 200 to 400 damage lower when using the GG PvP set compared to the Swashbuckling set. Encounters do roughly 2,000 less damage. Of course these results are not definitive, as I didn't test it properly. It's just what I noticed during a 10 minute practice dummy session and one PvP game.

The Recovery loss is quite severe. Without the Swash set 4 bonus 3 stacks, Encounters' cooldown timer is about 2 seconds longer. With the set 4 bonus, it's about 3-4 seconds longer on each Encounter when using GG PvP set over Swash. This actually matters a great deal in PvP as well as PvE. That 3-4 seconds of waiting on your Encounters to come off cooldown can be the difference between life and death, as well as a kill or having to run away.

Overall, I'd say I enjoyed using the Skulker set for PvP. However, if you're not a gimmicky perma-stealth build and are like me, using a stealthy, defensive, high burst DPS build, it's not a must to get the new GG PvP set over a full Swash set. Again, the longer stealth, 5% extra damage while in stealth, 3k+ HP, and 1k+ Armor Pen are all really nice things to have, but you gotta give up some extra damage and cooldown timers.

Anyway, here's some screenies of the GG PvP set:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?206112-The-lt-Official-gt-Show-Off-Your-Rogue-Thread&p=4846672&viewfull=1#post4846672

Unbuffed, no augment pet:
    jx3tIep.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jx3tIep.jpg

This is the result of the one game I played in today, using the GG PvP set. I solo queued and my team was filled with randies, while the enemy team had a premade PvP guild:
    2vsK7NF.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2vsK7NF.jpg
  • Options
    stdem007stdem007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hello fellow TRs,

caus i have limited play time, i spend most of my time doing PvP and GG PvP.
    i find it worth having the new T2 GG PvP set, not only because many smaller upgrades make a big one / a difference in the end,
    but also caus i like the looks of it, T2 PvP helm is the first helm i actually don't hide while playing :)

its also not so bad for them nasty perma stealth TRs, the extra stealth meter u have caus of the bonus is quite nice.

ofc there's a trade-off in power compared to the pve set, but i don't mind :)

your friendly neighbourhood TR,
    Young Bloodb
    Young Bloodb
    Trickster Rogue
    We Chosen Few - Beholder

"You don't quit gaming because you grow old, you grow old because you quit gaming"
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Simply put, the GG set is not worth it if you experience both PvE and PvP