test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it sad or funny that Neverwinter has less than 100 viewers on "launch" day?

gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yup, Neverwinter has less than 100 viewers right now, during Twitch's (NA) peak hours, on "launch" day.

Ellohime, Neverwinter's biggest remaining streamer and supporter, announced today he's basically done with this game and won't be streaming Neverwinter anymore.

Every other big time streamer that streamed Neverwinter has already quit the game or got banned a month+ ago.
Post edited by gambitclick on

Comments

• enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ellohime doesn't just stream nw. He said he would be streaming rift days ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would I watch that when I am playing the new content :D
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only MMOs I see above 1k viewers are WoW and Eve.

I personally couldn't be arsed to watch someone play on MMO, not really a spectator sport consider the (arguably) main draw to the game is progression which happens at a fairly slow rate (provided you aren't dumping RL money into the AH)
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Ellohime doesn't just stream nw. He said he would be streaming rift days ago

Because Neverwinter sucks and he knows and says it sucks. He built his stream around Neverwinter, but there's nothing to do in the game. He even said Neverwinter is not an interesting game to watch someone play.

He's been streaming other games because he's been bleeding viewership whenever he streams Neverwinter. He's tried everything he could to bring in and keep viewers like dying his beard rainbow colors and level up 6 alts to 60 in 24 hours each class. Nothing works. The game has no interest on Twitch because this game has no content, had tons of bugs, and Cryptic pissed off thousands of viewers / video game nerds because they banned so many streamers due to their own ineptitude by releasing an incomplete and buggy game.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, Neverwinter has less than 100 viewers right now, during Twitch's (NA) peak hours, on "launch" day.

I am now going to use my amazing psychic powers to let you know how suffused with care I am.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kiyoniz1kiyoniz1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Because Neverwinter sucks and he knows and says it sucks. He built his stream around Neverwinter, but there's nothing to do in the game. He even said Neverwinter is not an interesting game to watch someone play.

He's been streaming other games because he's been bleeding viewership whenever he streams Neverwinter. He's tried everything he could to bring in and keep viewers like dying his beard rainbow colors and level up 6 alts to 60 in 24 hours each class. Nothing works. The game has no interest on Twitch because this game has no content, had tons of bugs, and Cryptic pissed off thousands of viewers / video game nerds because they banned so many streamers due to their own ineptitude by releasing an incomplete and buggy game.

See what I bolded? What the heck do you expect? It's a brand-freaking-new game pretty much. All new MMOs start out with little content and bugs - it's to be expected.

I guess WoW kiddies got spoiled with new "xpacs" not having any bugs, but WoW is polished. When it first started it had tons of bugs and little content.
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm part of Ellohime's guild and was present during the stream,
    you can see it here http://www.twitch.tv/ellohime/b/419616029
    He and other streamers, me included, will take a break from neverwinter and wait for module 1
    Dont take it from me, watch it yourself.
    I can only talk for myself,
    the end content and as how GG is run now, its not very fun to broadcast.
    For me its not versatile and interesting enough to build a stream around it or play it.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This really makes me sad. I have high hopes for this game because of the Foundry, but sadly there's no class customization, we have to play cookie cutter builds, of which there are only five. And there are no dragons in the Foundry. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When I stream NW I usually pull in ~50+ but the LCS is on right now and I'll be watching that for the evening. Tomorrow is Dawngates beta day so I'll be streaming that instead.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He's taking a break with the others some of you people take things way too much out of it just because you don't like the game
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Someone sounds butt hurt.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't want to log in anymore. I've been playing as a cleric and there is absolutely no point in playing anymore. It isn't fair, and all the imbalances aren't fun. Let this game die out, its trash unless you keep deleting and making new characters to play low level PvP which can at least be fun.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    NW is not much of a spectator game to begin with.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ...viewers?

Why?
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I was watching earlier was 1,054 viewers. Also its a new game. Your point is ?
  • chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it sad or funny that somebody who obviously doesn't like the game is so obsessed with the game?
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it sad or funny that somebody who obviously doesn't like the game is so obsessed with the game?

The people complaining are not doing it because they're obsessed with this game, but because they're obsessed with the game that this game was supposed to be based on. It's called Dungeons & Dragons. If you try it, you'll discover why people are griping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I played DND for a while, But this game was never marketed as a DND clone of any kind. Quit kidding yourselves.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, I'd rather play Neverwinter than watch other people play Neverwinter.

Summary: I don't care about Twitch.
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ever since people figured out they could make money off of viewership, people have been circumventing it. (Bypassing the hit counters, disabling the hit reporting, disabling the advertising hit payout, ect) You might be seeing just alot more people blocking the payout aspect because they don't like to be tracked, or, don't like to be used to make a buck for watching a video, stream, or audio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ellohime, Neverwinter's biggest remaining streamer and supporter, announced today he's basically done with this game and won't be streaming Neverwinter anymore.

Every other big time streamer that streamed Neverwinter has already quit the game or got banned a month+ ago.

BTW those people that created their account May, lots of those people are the ones that got banned - and had to create new accounts.
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Never used Twitch. Not interested either. I got annoyed the first day I saw the chat posts about Twitch. Very hyper and overstated. Nothing that is really cool has to try that hard to be cool.

Clue: Twitch doesn't make or break a game. That's just silly.
  • healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    I care only for dev + commentator vids. Like Totalbiscuit's.

So it's not sad, for me at least.
  • demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It kinda saddens me to see Ell not wanting to stream NW anymore. I was one of his early supporters donations and subscription wise. I had hoped NW would turn into something interesting to watch and play, but so far neither have become true. Well playing it was fun for the 1st 2-3 chars to 60, but once you get 60 the game really does become boring as hell.
  • varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :ets see.

Play the new content at the start

Or watch someone play the new content at the start
    erm, wtf?
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    I've never been on twitch, nor do I plan on it. Why would I waste my time watching other people play games?
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I posted a thread just like this about the viewing drop, and the population drop, it wasn't to popular back then with the draconian moderator but it was the simple truth.

When a game goes from 4000 plus viewing THIS FORUM on the 4th week of open beta and in 2 more weeks drops to less than a 300 average something is very wrong.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Twitch only works if the viewers cant get in themselfs. At dota2/LoL people watch because they can see matches there that are usually un-watchable or have to be paid for, WoW is the same with not having a spectator-mode and thus requiring twitch to be able to see matches of interest. Unless Neverwinter suddenly grows a good pvp-system .. these is no reason to watch it if you can play it to.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    who says that its a bad thing if NW has not much viewers?

i mean; usually if you can play the game you wont watch some other guy playing it.
    that means that
    1. there arent many streamers atm
    2. a lot of people play NW and thats the reason they dont stream or watch streams cuz its boring to watch someone else if you can just start the game and play it by yourself.

Stream views on currently new games usually explode because the people want to see the new game if its any good before they try it out for themselves.
    after that amount of time they play the game or do something else.

and thats why you only see 4-10k viewers in the first weeks of a game. after that it drops on normal level.
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is set to kill itself at the end of the summer.

Unless 3 critical change made before it.

-Fix Bugs... ****ing fix bugs.
    -Freeform characters like their senior game, Champions Online...
    -BoP Tier 1&2 and PvP sets. Peoples dont play the content and skips the part where he has it. I'm avoiding Temple of the Spider because i already have Shadow Weaver Tunic from AH.