test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well that was a let down...

rannox1rannox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So...
... Waiting for gauntlgrym.
... So excited.
... Can't wait for those 20 man dungeons.

No raids... only 5 man parties...
Queue for gauntlgrym with guild anyways.
Huge cluster****.
Win
Go to T2 (still incredibly sad about only 5 man parties)

Down boss.
...Easy peasy.
****ty loot.

...cry a little inside.
Post edited by rannox1 on

Comments

• angelofdark3angelofdark3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    So much lies from Cryptic
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wait... this is new. It's NOT 20 on 20?
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like I wont miss out on much if I am guildless.
  • ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    so you went ONE time and expect to get awesome loot?
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rannox1 wrote: »

No raids... only 5 man parties...

I love it when I am right. This company is a complete joke.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ajr2355 wrote: »
    so you went ONE time and expect to get awesome loot?

just like all those people who expected to find a blue skeledog in the first two or three bags they opened.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    is it 5 man parties that are part of a larger party? Or 5 man completely seperateparties that are able to see the other 5 man parties?
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    So this video is just one big lie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CV3F-lA7lU
  • th1jsth1js Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thought, yeah!! Something to do again in neverwinter.

Now i'm left raging over this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Waiting times of over 4 hours? queving for 5 man dungens?

I did spend to much mony on this game. After this i wish i could take my mony back!
  • gamespeakgamespeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apparently you can make a Guild group (you can make 8 Guild groups) but it randomly puts the groups on random sides NOT a REAL RAID you CAN'T make a real Guild Event. So lets say you make 4 Guild groups it puts the groups on either side and you might be fighting your guildies or you might be all on the same side with 1 on the other side... This is what I was told. This system will NOT work. For so many reason one being I'm talking to my guild in VENT I can't tell them to all not help so my side wins. It doesn't sound like they put a lot of thought in to this Gauntlgrym this...
    Boss = 60 Guardian
    Mad Hatter = 60 Rogue
    Foundry "Zombie Survival - Nightmare" NW-DRBK6WNML
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    I have played or tried almost every mmo on the market.
    And i must say this is the most boring content i have ever seen.

Fetch quests for more then an hour.
    5 minute dungeon.
    Done.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    eeyore.png

Why do people post doom and gloom yet stick around the forums posting? Shouldn't you be playing another game and visiting their forums instead? If you don't like something and feel compelled to post on this forum why not post something constructive instead of complaining about it?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    It is still 20v20. You are just not in a raid. It is an instance of 4 parties versus 4 parties.
  • quadespressoquadespresso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    So this video is just one big lie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CV3F-lA7lU

The ui in that video does not show any party of more than 5, so it seems to be completely accurate.
  • gamespeakgamespeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    eeyore.png

Why do people post doom and gloom yet stick around the forums posting? Shouldn't you be playing another game and visiting their forums instead? If you don't like something and feel compelled to post on this forum why not post something constructive instead of complaining about it?
    Because we are all Waiting for WildStar!
    It is still 20v20. You are just not in a raid. It is an instance of 4 parties versus 4 parties.
    Then we should all be in 5 Person Guilds!
    Boss = 60 Guardian
    Mad Hatter = 60 Rogue
    Foundry "Zombie Survival - Nightmare" NW-DRBK6WNML
  • markselmarksel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You just summed up my exact feelings about this patch.. I was so excited, but my boner was quickly killed.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gamespeak wrote: »
    Because we are all Waiting for WildStar!

So why are you not spending your time on the WildStar forums? You have already thrown in the towel for Neverwinter.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • tekkwintertekkwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well just to play devil's advocate here....

Its actually kinda good in a way that it only allows you to queue as a group of 5. Otherwise you would have a couple guilds running 20 man parties just rolling over the pugs. Then all the pugs would quit or get progressively worse as new 60's try it and quit. The 3 guilds running 20 man groups would get all they want in a couple weeks and be bored with it. Then...thats it. Dead mode.

Im not saying most of that will not happen in a different way.....but allowing 20 guildies to queue and battle a bunch of pug groups of members from several guilds would be a bit ugly. But I can see how it can be worse now...where the same guild gets groups on each side and sabotage's the team they are on to let the other side win for buddies.

Bad any way you do it.
    Tekkor | Adventurer & Brewmaster
    Tekk's Tavern |
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkorGJC
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tekkwinter wrote: »
    Well just to play devil's advocate here....

Its actually kinda good in a way that it only allows you to queue as a group of 5. Otherwise you would have a couple guilds running 20 man parties just rolling over the pugs. Then all the pugs would quit or get progressively worse as new 60's try it and quit. The 3 guilds running 20 man groups would get all they want in a couple weeks and be bored with it. Then...thats it. Dead mode.

Im not saying most of that will not happen in a different way.....but allowing 20 guildies to queue and battle a bunch of pug groups of members from several guilds would be a bit ugly. But I can see how it can be worse now...where the same guild gets groups on each side and sabotage's the team they are on to let the other side win for buddies.

Bad any way you do it.

Whats there to get that most decent people with ahalf a brain don't already have?

Dead game is dead.
  • bananskruebananskrue Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This felt like quite a joke indeed. We gathered 20 men for gauntlygrym, all of the groups ended in different gauntlygrym instances. Hurray. After spending an hour doing some weird PvE where all you do is grind followed by a PvP clusterfudge, you finally get to do the dungeon (but only if you won! Which we did, luckily). The dungeon you get at the end is such a let down. It's tiny but has a ton of adds and the end boss has a ton of HP, and at the end of that you get one piece of pretty bad tier2-quality item. One item.

There's five classes, meaning there's a total of 20 items. Given that it takes roughly 90 minutes to obtain one of these 20 items, and given that you lose the event 50% of the time, it basically means that you have to run gauntlygrym an incredible amount of times if you want all your items. And the kicker is that the items aren't even any good. Which is something I'm quite happy about in retrospect, since I'll probably not be running this any more.
  • linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    so many tears...poor kids.

wont somebody think about the children!!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    eeyore.png

Perhaps because by complaining and letting it be known that a portion of the customer base is unhappy with the presented product, something might be done about it, therefore rendering the complaints constructive? Oh, and....

Tennentshutup_zps803f41b6.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Constructive criticism is polite and upbeat. It goes like: "Hey, I think you did a good job on this but that could use a little work." Constructive crit never talks about the size of your boner or how you intend to stomp off and you were so sorry you invested, waaa waaa waaaa.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGzq5HLJiD7jUF3aAbnc4uFu0NFhSVXBa_xziaTkL_WBCqlKSG