test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlgrym

Comments

• ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    irtu wrote: »
    They just killed this game if they let Gauntlgrym be a guild join only and not queue up like all the other Dungeons

I thought the last (insert over-dramatized problem here) killed the game already?
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I brought this up weeks ago. Just go make 4 other sock puppet accounts, get a char to 15 on each ( leveling with a rogue is stupid fast ) and make a fake guild to get around it. You can open multiple clients on the same machine... you don't even have to make copies of the install directory.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So that's it? Alchemy, item mall items, and Gauntlegrym? That's the big launch? Guild-only-PvP-for T2 gear?

..thanks Cryptic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    don't want to join a guild? don't. the gauntlasdfasdf is 100% optional. it only drops T1 and T2 gear which you can get in regular epic dungeons.

there, problem solved. you're welcome.

the problem shouldn't exist in the first place.
    the fact that the developers are requiring you to be a part of an anonymous "social group" in order to access new content is stupid, plain and simple. It has no bearing on the actual events of Gauntlegrym, you don't have to actually do anything WITH your guild in Gaunt, so why even make it a requisite? It feels like no one at the decision making table voiced the opinion of the jaded players (like me) who have been burned by the anonymity of the internet. I've been in PUGs and guild groups and still gotten burned by the Need/Greed, someone leaving or kicking someone. I do not like to group with people if I don't have to. That is just my prerogative. Gating me off from new content for having that mentality is just throwing fuel on the fire at this point.
  • marcus0920marcus0920 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    So in other words, theres no new content for all lvl 60 solo characters, only the guilded people...Sorry, I dont want to schedule my life around a raid. I want to be able to join/queue for it when I have the time.
    That's not even how it works.

You need to be in a guild that is aligned with one of the two factions. That is the extent of the guild requirement. Once you are guilded and aligned, you are free to queue with or without your guildmates.

As far as needing to schedule around Gauntlgrym, you need to do that anyway since the content itself is on a schedule.
  • alemap000alemap000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I so wish that people would consider what they are typing. Someone expressing frustration over having to join a guild in order to play new content is not an invitation to belittle them.

I was surprised at the guild restriction as well. To me it cheapens the guild concept, dilutes it. I will join a guild so I have access to the content but I'm not joining because I want to interact with folks (and no, guilds are NOT at the core of the mmo experience for everyone. We all play for our own reasons.) I'm joining because that is what I need to do to run specific content and what will be the state of your guild when you've got members that could care less about your guild but join anyway?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It means i have to quit my current guild because the leader hasn't logged in for weeks. Awesome! Great job cryptic. :)

What a poorly thought design concept.
  • furushufurushu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is dumb, I don't want to be forced to join a guild.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So why do we need a guild leader to align us? Why do we need a **** guild to join if you don't need to enter with that guild?

Let us align individually and queue for it. How is Cryptic making money by forcing everyone into a guild is my question.

Third party websites, Vent, drama, BS of a guild that I don't have to be with to enter the gauntlegerm, yeah fail, bigtime fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    So that's it? Alchemy, item mall items, and Gauntlegrym? That's the big launch? Guild-only-PvP-for T2 gear?

..thanks Cryptic?

And Foundry updates. But yeah, not as much as I had hopes for either.

Oh well, I had first hand experience with Cryptic's update cycle from STO, so the weakness of their updates is really no surprise to me. And now that they're part of PWE, that also includes poor customer service as well. ;)

Regardless, I'm still somewhat content with the Foundry and enjoying my time making all sorts of things. I'll reserve my *real* forum rage for if/when Cryptic tries to start charging us for Foundry "packs".
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • nogeauxgettanogeauxgetta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wait so the gear from this new event isn't even different from dungeon gear ?
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    really, that's funny I got about 3 drive-by guild invites a day before I finally joined one.

don't suck, maybe be social a little, and guilds will come to you. most guilds are looking for more players.

don't want to join a guild? don't. the gauntlasdfasdf is 100% optional. it only drops T1 and T2 gear which you can get in regular epic dungeons.

there, problem solved. you're welcome.

lol@gauntlasdasdasf
    hahahaha
  • blackphoenixbgblackphoenixbg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lulz i just realized that all that overhyped <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> requires me to join a guild. Pathetic. Oh well and i almost thought id be returning to play the so called new content...
    Guess ill check the game again at module 1
    edited June 2013
    marcus0920 wrote: »
    That's not even how it works.

You need to be in a guild that is aligned with one of the two factions. That is the extent of the guild requirement. Once you are guilded and aligned, you are free to queue with or without your guildmates.

As far as needing to schedule around Gauntlgrym, you need to do that anyway since the content itself is on a schedule.

Elaborate: Is it rotating like the foundry/skirmish/DD events?
    edited June 2013
    I'll take this time for a shameless plug:
    Any of you in a small-ish friendly guild, thats looking for a cleric? On Mindflayer

(Yes I know there are forums for this but those threads are dead half the time).
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Third party websites, Vent, drama, BS of a guild that I don't have to be with to enter the gauntlegerm, yeah fail, bigtime fail.
    Lulz i just realized that all that overhyped <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> requires me to join a guild.

1.) Ask PUGers or non-guilded players for help to create a 4-man guild.
    2.) Name it whatever you like.
    3.) Now the PUGers can leave if they want.
    4.) Choose your faction.

Problem solved. Is it really so much to ask for a couple steps of work on your behalf to do additional content in-game? It's not like you have magical access to end-game content when you first start Neverwinter any ways.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited June 2013
    Forced guilding is a real problem in our community. Most cases of forced guilding go unreported because of the angry, aggressive attitudes like those displayed in this thread, afraid of change. The status quo cannot be maintained.

We must bring the blight of forced guilding into the light so it may be exposed for the horror that it is, destroying communities and begriming our collective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Go make your own guild?
    You just need to get 4 people to party with you so you can make it, then they can leave.
    Or heck if you refuse to do anything non-solo make 4 free accounts, solo each one to 15, log all 5 accounts in and create your guild. Just might have to temporarily turn graphics settings down on your client before starting new clients.
  • darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Well, guess I won't be playing Gauntlgrym then. So far every experience with playing with a group has been ****ing terrible.
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I just logged on to the game on my Guardian Fighter, who I have not played in about a month. I was surprised to find that I was still in the guild that I had randomly joined after tanking a T1 for them.

The first 34 entries on the news tab are all from today, of people leaving the guild, because the leader had not been on yet to align them to a faction for Gaunt.

Working as intended?
    Good job Cryptic. Smart.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    any guild leader of the guild can do this...... our guild has 4 leaders any one of the 4 of us can do it. If you dont want to join a guild... MAKE YOUR OWN then allign your guild and you can solo with your own guild tag. Besides this its gives you more storage as well...
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    So I just logged on to the game on my Guardian Fighter, who I have not played in about a month. I was surprised to find that I was still in the guild that I had randomly joined after tanking a T1 for them.

The first 34 entries on the news tab are all from today, of people leaving the guild, because the leader had not been on yet to align them to a faction for Gaunt.

Working as intended?
    Good job Cryptic. Smart.

What server?
  • nogeauxgettanogeauxgetta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lmao gj CW.... FFXIV beta this weekend anyway thank god. this is too **** pathetic but i'm not surprised.... Same people let people make a fortune off of negative numbers on the AH hahaha.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe if I close my eyes, and think happy thoughts..people will stop talking about gauntlgrym and I can continue playing solo.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darminion wrote: »
    Well, guess I won't be playing Gauntlgrym then. So far every experience with playing with a group has been ****ing terrible.

****, 4 out of 5 parties I play with are terrible. People can't communicate, they don't realize what they do, they're stupid. It's really big pleasure to play with good people. And it's insanely rare. I don't like guilds 'cause I most of the time leveling up new characters and may not play as my main for a couple of days. Because I want to play like this. And guilds mostly force you to play one character or 2. And I can't, I like low-mid game content, I like to know perfectly every ability of each class, I like to PvP as each class in the game. Just for me that gauntasdfadaf is the biggest MMO expansion fail.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry all that I read in this thread was "I like to be an anti-social drama queen and rage on the forums".

Good day all.
  • sinazeussinazeus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was asked to join a guild and did, about a month ago. There were a lot of folk in that guild yet the Leader seemed to be missing. I went through all the channels and in the end saw no need to be in that particular guild as there never was any perk for joining other than supplying the missing leader with a bank. Never could see who they decided to align with (if they ever did) which was my main interest so I left. Figured it would be better to make my own guild and not be a helpless slave to the Netherese which is what that guild began to feel like. That was not a fun guild being a Level 60, Class 1 Soldier? No that wasn't for me...
  • michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone that is complaining, just join a guild. PROBLEM SOLVED.
    edited June 2013
    gauntlgottajoinaguild
  • swift3hswift3h Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Maybe if I close my eyes, and think happy thoughts..people will stop talking about gauntlgrym and I can continue playing solo.

:P except now the events are mostly Gauntlegrym events lol you see it everytime you look for dungeon delves! ;D

I play solo myself but don't really care about the issue if people think i am anti social for not guilding in this game good for you lol (>,")> so many preachers on these forums xD
    (>,")>
This discussion has been closed.