test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP is horrible..

jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I dare to say it was better before the recent changes.

I've had it up to here with the damage output Guardian Fighters and Rogues are putting out. Having to eat 18k worth of brain dead easy throwing daggers, immunity galore, stun locked by shield attacks that combo together and deal 80-120% of my 23k hps.

and this is jsut 5v5... Can you imagine how annoyingly stupid this game is going to be when 20v20 pile together. Drop some CC and bakr entire groups down under two seconds.

Whats the point of this, I dare say the time to kill is slower in Quake than it is this MMO.
Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
Post edited by jnaathra on

Comments

• wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this game believes that the classes that deal the most damage should also get the highest defense and the most blocks, and immunities, and protection, and be pretty much invincible... the others are merely fodder that should get nothing but nerfed
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5v5? You must have actual matches. I get lot's of fun 3v5 or 2v5 matches at L60. It's certainly much better balanced before L60, the damage output of all classes(except cleric) is far too high at endgame for PvP to be all that fun.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    5v5? You must have actual matches. I get lot's of fun 3v5 or 2v5 matches at L60. It's certainly much better balanced before L60, the damage output of all classes(except cleric) is far too high at endgame for PvP to be all that fun.

I play cleric, think how we feel, lol. We are typically one hit killed, and we can't even heal a single hit with a single drawn out over time healing cast utilizing divine power.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play cleric, think how we feel, lol. We are typically one hit killed, and we can't even heal a single hit with a single drawn out over time healing cast utilizing divine power.

I play a cleric, and a cw. I have a blast playing with both. My cleric is a beast and I've happily healed through 3+ rogues dmg focusing me. Try a new build maybe? Just a thought
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a GF, I apologise for doing a lot of that killing. It's just that clerics and (inattentive) CWs are such tempting targets.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lol @ the Quake kill time comaparison.

+1
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I play a cleric, and a cw. I have a blast playing with both. My cleric is a beast and I've happily healed through 3+ rogues dmg focusing me. Try a new build maybe? Just a thought
    Those must be some trash rogues. Cleric heals suck now, you'll be lucky to take on 2.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

They will happily dagger you to death form stealth and you can't do anything about it - soulforged proc ? np stacked greater tenebs will do the rest of the job . glhf D:
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this game believes that the classes that deal the most damage should also get the highest defense and the most blocks, and immunities, and protection, and be pretty much invincible... the others are merely fodder that should get nothing but nerfed

Well said.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    Well said.

Do you have to create more of these threads , you already created one . I get it you're frustrated but spamming the forums with the same bs all over again is a bit overkill .
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I had a 18,564 crit against a cleric earlier. Had Knights challenge on him only reason. This is my crit record. I have to say. Its not enough. I was a lol situation though. I asked him if he liked it.
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had a 18,564 crit against a cleric earlier. Had Knights challenge on him only reason. This is my crit record. I have to say. Its not enough. I was a lol situation though. I asked him if he liked it.

Its not enough are you for real? I agree with the OP and all other posts as a cleric PvP is pointless period!

And to the poster who said he ahs 3 rouges bashing on him well they must be real <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rouges as 1 will take down a cleric quite easily as the heal over times sucks balls.
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    As a GF, I apologise for doing a lot of that killing. It's just that clerics and (inattentive) CWs are such tempting targets.

As a CW, I apologise to GFs for constantly pushing them around with my partner like ping pong balls.... (indecisive) GFs are really fun balls... i mean... targets.... XD
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, haven't played my cleric since the update. Its just not fun. Damage output is too high, healing is terrible. On my wizard I don't even care if the DC is in a shield, its going to die in 4 seconds anyway. On my GF I just laugh as I punt everyone around and kill them before they hit the ground.

Damage in general is too high. Put significant PvP damage reduction on PvP gear. Its the only way PvP is going to get out of this mess.
  • cody29cody29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I don't think you can reliably use the current botting situation as a fair reflection of the current state of a cleric's survivability.

And even if you were up against 2 rogues, how exactly are you going to kill either of them before they chain stun you and double back-stab you?
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cody29 wrote: »
    I don't think you can reliably use the current botting situation as a fair reflection of the current state of a cleric's survivability.

And even if you were up against 2 rogues, how exactly are you going to kill either of them before they chain stun you and double back-stab you?

Kill them hes a cleric he can't kill squat and to say he can out heal 3 rouges well i call BS.
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Kill them hes a cleric he can't kill squat and to say he can out heal 3 rouges well i call BS.

Out heal 1 rogue... maybe.

Out heal 2 rogues.... very very slim... possible if he's well geared and the rogues are not, coupled with pvp pots.

Out heal 3 rogues..... what?? the rogues using a beginner dagger or something??? O_o
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xumina wrote: »
    Out heal 1 rogue... maybe.

Out heal 2 rogues.... very very slim... possible if he's well geared and the rogues are not, coupled with pvp pots.

Out heal 3 rogues..... what?? the rogues using a beginner dagger or something??? O_o

Pretty much this. If I get the jump on someone from range as a cleric, I can often win 1 vs 1 (I am damage / debuff specced). But anything more than 1 person and you are a wet paper bag. The 40% self healing reduction needs to be removed in PvP and the cooldown on Astral Shield needs to be lowered (or other heals actually made useful).
    edited June 2013
    daethx wrote: »
    Pretty much this. If I get the jump on someone from range as a cleric, I can often win 1 vs 1 (I am damage / debuff specced). But anything more than 1 person and you are a wet paper bag. The 40% self healing reduction needs to be removed in PvP and the cooldown on Astral Shield needs to be lowered (or other heals actually made useful).

I do agree the 40% self healing reduction needs to be reduced or remove altogether. Astral shield in my opinion is fine the way it is. An increase in heal amount for regen would be possible as well. I have not properly finish building my DC so I cannot give any data to support my opinions yet. Hence they are just my vague impression based on my current gameplay.
  • polarismontarispolarismontaris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Enjoy your cleric. At least you have a chance to heal yourself. As a CW, Rogues are constantly jumping out and two shot killing me. I can usually go toe to toe with another CW or Cleric, but Shield Warriors and Rogues are so OP, that even when I get a hold on one, they either somehow get out of it, or throw up a shield and Block EVERYTHING I throw at them, including my "So-Called" power moves. Heck, I have even hit a Great Weapon Warrior with Ice Knife while they are fighting, and they just hit their adrenaline boost and forget even touching them for 30 seconds. Most of the powers I see here is designed around PvE and is awesome in a group that can use them. Hell, I have seen rogues running around "Naked" in PvP and I still can't get them down fully geared before I get ganked by them. Don't even get me started on Gauntlgrym, what a hell-storm-mess that was until they took it down again.
  • ezizualezizual Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game is about as balanced as an inverted pyramid.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    I dare to say it was better before the recent changes.

I've had it up to here with the damage output Guardian Fighters and Rogues are putting out. Having to eat 18k worth of brain dead easy throwing daggers, immunity galore, stun locked by shield attacks that combo together and deal 80-120% of my 23k hps.

and this is jsut 5v5... Can you imagine how annoyingly stupid this game is going to be when 20v20 pile together. Drop some CC and bakr entire groups down under two seconds.

Whats the point of this, I dare say the time to kill is slower in Quake than it is this MMO.

60 GF. Gwf. And CW. All topping charts. L2P Ur classes.
    INB4, INB4
  • polarismontarispolarismontaris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    60 GF. Gwf. And CW. All topping charts. L2P Ur classes.

You obviously must be playing on a server with dullards, if you think a CW can top the charts against rogues, GF or GWF.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You obviously must be playing on a server with dullards, if you think a CW can top the charts against rogues, GF or GWF.

Sry Ur bad at this game. Don't blame classes. Blame yourself. Or try a different mmo.

Edit: and I dont think anything... It's fact... I top charts w all three of my 60s. Mindflayer get at me youngen.
    INB4, INB4