test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No news about new class ?

2»

Comments

• gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Despite the presence of nature nodes we have five classes already that don't use them. As such, it is illogical to assume they will introduce a nature node related class before a sixth non-nature node related class.

I suspect the decision as to the next class will be based on what they think will draw in the most customers, between Warlock or Ranger. Or perhaps it will be another class, well hidden enough to actually be a surprise.

Assumptions in general are illogical, it's their nature to be so. Assuming that the new class is going to be a ranger is actually one of the most assumptions to make. After all Cryptic has admitted the new class will be Ranged. The Ranger is on of the core classes in D&D. They have the nature skill in the game with no one have the natural ability to collect with the assistance of a kit. The first module released is a nature and Fey based module. It could be a Druid as well, with their natures spells categorizing them as "Ranged". However, I personally believe this to be less likely.
  • scherazardscherazard Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think most likely the next class will be a Ranger. The sad thing is, it's most likely not coming out tonight which is a real bummer because I've gotten really bored with the current classes (I always go Ranger or Druid). Now we'll probably have to wait until August or so to get the new class.
  • xyzyzxxyzyzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well if we go by the race shadowed design on the character creation screen we can guess that the new class MIGHT be a cloth wearer. ie robes and caster gear like. This in no way means that the race is specific to a cloth wearer but that they are know as such...Half Orcs are not known for wizards nor are Dwarves...
    Since Drow are already a race from the legendary buyers that takes them out. So...what race?
    Class in my best guess is along the lines of a Warlock, but as every class can have a companion I think that might remove them from the picture as 2 companions would be OP. So that leaves a cloth wearing type. I would love to see a Psionc class. Hardly any games have this type of class in them but D&D and AD&D did and they were interesting to play.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well their hint was that it was going to be a "Ranged" class (they included the quotes around it too) which strongly points to a Ranger, but sometimes things happen in the world of software/game development and plans change. So although I'd expect to see Ranger come next, I wouldn't be surprised if it was anything else we can imagine.

Personally I'm hoping for Bard or some other non-standard class with interesting mechanics. :) After so many years in MMOs of fighter, cleric, wizard, rogue, ranger I often crave classes off the beaten path.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally i think would be best to add a new tank or healer first.
    edited June 2013
    I do agree that a new healer should be on the horizon. Right now the healing mechanics are definitely a little stale (Although for a lot of people, classes in general are a little stale right now)
  • stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    xyzyzx wrote: »
    Well if we go by the race shadowed design on the character creation screen we can guess that the new class MIGHT be a cloth wearer. ie robes and caster gear like. This in no way means that the race is specific to a cloth wearer but that they are know as such...Half Orcs are not known for wizards nor are Dwarves...
    Since Drow are already a race from the legendary buyers that takes them out. So...what race?
    Class in my best guess is along the lines of a Warlock, but as every class can have a companion I think that might remove them from the picture as 2 companions would be OP. So that leaves a cloth wearing type. I would love to see a Psionc class. Hardly any games have this type of class in them but D&D and AD&D did and they were interesting to play.

The Drow are supposed to become available to everyone eventually. I'm hoping Gnomes won't be it, I've listened to so much Gnome hate in other games, I've no desire to hear it all again. Monk in 4th edition is a psionic user, but it's melee and everyone is expecting a ranged class. I had thought Evoker, but we do need a class for natively harvesting nature nodes. If Druid can heal then I'd be all for that, my first MMO character was a druid healer, and leatherworkers would have more customers.
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    I think its a strong bet for archer ranger today maybe warlock too.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
    edited June 2013
    hedas8 wrote: »
    I think its a strong bet for archer ranger today maybe warlock too.

Why do you say today?

If they were going to release a new class today wouldn't they have announced it (like the new profession) already?

If they do release it today I'd be stoked. Been waiting for them to release Archer Ranger to get my Guardian founder pack.
  • chatturga78chatturga78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    You can call me General
    plus
    gnominion wrote:
    Assumptions in general are illogical
    could allude to something very uncomfortable for hkiewa...

If the developers are sticking to the 4e core rulebook, then there is also a good chance that the new race will be Dragonborn. I would hesitate to predict a new class like Evoker or Avenger as those classes come from the supplement books, but iirc, the stuff that has made it into the game so far has been exclusively from the core book.
    edited June 2013
    I'm definitely excited to see what tomorrow brings. I doubt that the new class will come out tomorrow but my fingers will still be crossed for it.
  • cerykceryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leeford wrote: »
    Don't see why they would do warlock first when you have nature nodes in game and no class to harvest them without kits. Archer ranger is the next logical choice

Not unless they're FayPact, then it makes perfect sense.
    scherazard wrote: »
    I'm definitely excited to see what tomorrow brings. I doubt that the new class will come out tomorrow but my fingers will still be crossed for it.

I also doubt it as well. But I also wasn't expecting a new crafting profession.
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    The new classes aren't even on the test shard yet so I really doubt they'd be released tomorrow, and honestly with as many bugs and such as we have as is releasing them with no testing would probably be a mess waiting to happen.
  • hagrethhagreth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cant wait to see hundreds of drow Rangers with some modification of drizzzzzzzzzzzt
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for CM for posting :)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danzlyra wrote: »
    To be honest, while I thoroughly love this game, from my love of DnD 4th edition, for type of game play this game has, and most of all because of The Foundry, I've just been bidding my time until Ranger comes out.

If it's not out before another new shiny game comes out, I expect I'll get distracted in suffering the wait and be enticed by that next game.

I expect that I'm also not alone in this.

You are not alone, I am thinking the exact same thing.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
    edited June 2013
    savrai wrote: »
    You are not alone, I am thinking the exact same thing.

I'm in the same boat as well. I've tried every other class but can't bring myself to max level simply because they aren't my playstyles. I hope we won't have to wait too long for Ranger.
  • smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2013
    Yea. I am on my last days of Neverwinter as well if they do not release a new class within the next couple weeks. honestly if tomorrow comes and its not what i hope. ill end up leaving til a new class comes. i could really careless about gauntlegrym. I want a ranged dps class. all other classes are boring as hell
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    scherazard wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as well. I've tried every other class but can't bring myself to max level simply because they aren't my playstyles. I hope we won't have to wait too long for Ranger.

The only class I couldn't bring myself to level to 60 is the Guardian Fighter. I certainly respect a skilled player playing a GF and they are an important part of a party, but the mechanics are just a bit too boring to me. Mine is level 49 and I don't see him reaching 50. He will most likely be sacrificed for the ranger if it shows up soon.

I didn't really think (and still kinda don't) that there was a chance the new class would come out at Official Launch. I think I'd feel better about it if he showed up in the Official Release trailer.

Here's to hoping!!!
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian