test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hair Clipping

mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, let me ask a serious question. The game is really going to go "official launch" in 2 days, but you haven't fixed the absurdly terrible hair clipping yet?

Is there a reason you included long hair in the game? I realize that to some this may seem like a small detail, but if I can't even give my character the hair I want them to have for fear of staring at some sort of weird Salvador Dali nightmare happening on the back of my character, why should I even bother playing?

I mean, come on. This is basic, right?
Post edited by mrbluebird on

Comments

• knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a lot of clipping, other than just hair. Also, capes and other flexible cloth items don't work properly. It seems that these graphical issues won't delay them from going live. Hopefully they are on the 'to do' list somewhere.
  • mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hair is so BASIC though. It literally IS your character, or an extension of it. WTF.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Clipping issues are anything but basic.

That's something that years of fixes will still not resolve completely.
    Clipping will be addressed but there's a lot more critical issues that have to be worked on first. I do expect the clipping issues will greatly diminish over the coming months but it's not something which is crucial for launch.
  • ilanashaynilanashayn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Clipping issues are anything but basic.

That's something that years of fixes will still not resolve completely.
    Clipping will be addressed but there's a lot more critical issues that have to be worked on first. I do expect the clipping issues will greatly diminish over the coming months but it's not something which is crucial for launch.

It has been years. This needs to be fixed.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ilanashayn wrote: »
    It has been years. This needs to be fixed.

Twelve+ year old graphics engine. Not likely.