test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MMO's Today.... Adding to what is broke, instead of fixing what is there.

talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just like the tilte says, this new profession is just insulting when crafting at large is just an obvious ad/$ grab, if u want to add something new to your game then atleast add it to something that dosnt suck. Cause at the current moment all u did was make crafting 1 step higher on the SUCK ladder.

Dont pretend, cryptic that u dont understand what I am saying here, I can tell with about half your game that u all actually know how to make a good mmo, but the other half is just a half butt JOKE.

Tired of some mmos that come out trying to re-invent something that is already a good thing, like crafting in rift, wow, and GW2. I really thought swtor had the worst crafting system ever, and when I saw u alls crafting I was like..... ewwwww swtor crafting NOOOOOOOOOOOO, but u know what? Your crafting even SUX more then that game.....UNBELIEVABLE.

Im sure u have heard the saying "If it aint broke dont fix it" but to add to that there is nothing wrong with maintaining something so it dosnt break, but man this is really bad crafting, and if u alls game sucked at large I would just say... Oh well, they r just a bad company.... But it dosnt.... so............ What is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
Post edited by talonvector on

Comments

• jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Crafting System in this game is fine. much, much better than standing at a forge in a town and watching a progress bar cycle for 20 minutes.

the worth of the Crafted Items however, is questionable.

I've only ever crafted 1 or 2 things that character of mine was actually of an appropriate level to use. beyond that, I always outlevel anything I could craft.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah Im sure if they just went to Blizzard or ANet and asked them for the code to their crafting system, said company would just be like " Sure take our hard work and put it into your game, no dont pay us anything for our time."
  • talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How can u say that. How in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is hiring a mercenary, taking u 18 HOURS to do make crafting better then standing at a forge for 20 mins SERIOUSLY dude did u even try crafting in this game, or think b4 u made this post any way no offense but dont defend there crafting, and I personally dont know how u could, unless this is the only mmo u have ever played.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Vanguard's crafting.....soooooo gooood!
  • talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And viking do u think that mmo companys go around and ask other companys how to write their own code, I mean what do u think cryptic is full of a bunch of code illiterate fools. man u alls replies............
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And viking do u think that mmo companys go around and ask other companys how to write their own code, I mean what do u think cryptic is full of a bunch of code illiterate fools. man u alls replies............

I have such a hard time reading this I dont know if you are agreeing with me or trying to argue.

In the end, different people have different tastes, I for one enjoy the crafting in this game.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're looking at this Profession system wrong...
    Your character isn't the one doing the actual work, they're the head of a small business group.
    This is why your first task is hiring an initial worker.
    As you progress in levels (both Professions and Character), you gain more experience in handling your workers and so can run more tasks at one time.

At some professional point, you realize that your workers aren't necessarily the best, so you go through promotions, and out of the 4 people that are up for promotion, ONE is decent and moves on the the next rank. The other 3, either quit working for you because you didn't promote them, or are fired because it turns out that 4th guy, he was doing all their work too.

This goes on and on until you have a small consortium or Trade guild or some such, and you're cackling maniacally over all the goods you're producing / Astral Diamonds you're getting.

As for the time hiring a new mercenary or what have you, it takes time to find good help. (Hiring some street urchin to go post bills, or hitting the taverns to find a good worker...
    edited June 2013
    How can u say that. How in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is hiring a mercenary, taking u 18 HOURS to do make crafting better then standing at a forge for 20 mins SERIOUSLY dude did u even try crafting in this game, or think b4 u made this post any way no offense but dont defend there crafting, and I personally dont know how u could, unless this is the only mmo u have ever played.

1. I don't care about Leadership. You don't actually CRAFT anything through Leadership. I am talking about the CRAFTING Professions where you actually MAKE things.

2. Why is it better? Because I can do other things while crafting is being done. I don't have to stop my gameplay to run to town, stand in front of a forge, open up a menu and watch the green progress bar cycle all day. I can set something to craft when it is done, I can set something else to craft. And I don't have to stop doing other activities like Dungeons and PVP to do it. Crafting in MMOs is BORING. absolutely, positively BORING. And thats why this style of crafting is better. So what if it takes 18 hours to hire an asset. Do the longer tasks while you are at work, or otherwise engaged. Do the short task while you are actually playing the game. I suppose you LIKE doing nothing but watching the progress bar scroll all day, to each his own.

3. I've been playing MMOs since the original Everquest. Not my first rodeo. I've done crafting in plenty of MMOs and it's always been ridiculously boring and tedious. Hell, it's boring and tedious in THIS game too, but at least I don't have to stop doing everything that's fun in order to do it.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Hiring merc in NW requires me to put the job into motion, then DO SOMETHING ELSE for 18 hours, like either play parts of the game I find entertaining or *gasp* even do something in RL.

In another game this would be 18 hours of carpal tunnel inducing repetitive button pushing while digging through ingredient bags to find the right materials and placing them into a machine only to push the "make it so" button again the 1,458th time in a row - while your guildies are wondering why youre logged in but not grouped with them.

Yes, crafting process is by far better in this game than it is in other MMOs. Now if they would make it worthwile gearwise...
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    You're looking at this Profession system wrong...
    Your character isn't the one doing the actual work, they're the head of a small business group.
    This is why your first task is hiring an initial worker.
    As you progress in levels (both Professions and Character), you gain more experience in handling your workers and so can run more tasks at one time.

At some professional point, you realize that your workers aren't necessarily the best, so you go through promotions, and out of the 4 people that are up for promotion, ONE is decent and moves on the the next rank. The other 3, either quit working for you because you didn't promote them, or are fired because it turns out that 4th guy, he was doing all their work too.

This goes on and on until you have a small consortium or Trade guild or some such, and you're cackling maniacally over all the goods you're producing / Astral Diamonds you're getting.

I see it as investing in a local shop, and getting free custom orders as a benefit of being an investor.
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Hiring merc in NW requires me to put the job into motion, then DO SOMETHING ELSE for 18 hours, like either play parts of the game I find entertaining or *gasp* even do something in RL.

In another game this would be 18 hours of carpal tunnel inducing repetitive button pushing while digging through ingredient bags to find the right materials and placing them into a machine only to push the "make it so" button again the 1,458th time in a row - while your guildies are wondering why youre logged in but not grouped with them.

exactly.
    Yes, crafting process is by far better in this game than it is in other MMOs. Now if they would make it worthwile gearwise...

This is the only problem with the Crafting in this game. the Crafted items are only truly useful at level 60, and from what I hear, barely so. from my experience, crafted items are useless while leveling up, by the time you can make a level 20 item, you'll already be level 35.
  • linuxx40linuxx40 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    you can craft without buying anything...you just cant craft anything good without buying anything LOL
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    I see it as investing in a local shop, and getting free custom orders as a benefit of being an investor.

That's another possibility. ^_^
    Maybe that's what the Rare Crafting tasks are... Neverwinter Shark tank!
    "Yeah... I've got this thing here... it'll take me 18 hours, but you'll love the pants..."
    jmad - "Um no... I don't like that idea... and I'm not going to invest in it."

I like to think of it in old-school D&D where after a certain level you could get a keep / tower etc... and could sort of micro-manage your estate...
  • grimregilssongrimregilsson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like the crafting system in place in Neverwinter. The only thing I think they need to tweak on it is the items you make, they need to be more useful imo. At 60 the only gear you will use is shirt/pants. Other than that I think its great...I can set my guys to do their thing for me while i go and pvp/pve, instead of sitting at a forge/tanner/whatever for hours on end.
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    That's another possibility. ^_^
    Maybe that's what the Rare Crafting tasks are... Neverwinter Shark tank!
    "Yeah... I've got this thing here... it'll take me 18 hours, but you'll love the pants..."
    jmad - "Um no... I don't like that idea... and I'm not going to invest in it."

I like to think of it in old-school D&D where after a certain level you could get a keep / tower etc... and could sort of micro-manage your estate...

Im currently doing this in my Pathfinder campaign. Its like a side quest with my GM every session.
    edited June 2013
    Well I guess all I can say to u all is this.... mmo's r coming out so fast now its like they r x box games so.... they will either release 1 eventually that I will like, and agree with, mostly anyways, or they will all just become a watered down mess, and we all might as well start playin console games......lol
    edited June 2013
    Well I guess all I can say to u all is this.... mmo's r coming out so fast now its like they r x box games so.... they will either release 1 eventually that I will like, and agree with, mostly anyways, or they will all just become a watered down mess, and we all might as well start playin console games......lol

translation = "people disagreed with me, and I don't know how to respond."
    edited June 2013

I still really have no idea what you are trying to convey except for your last message that makes no sense.

You do realize there are many console games that are a watered down mess (Looking at you COD), so why would I want to buy a console to play at a handicap in games that I do not enjoy.
    jmadfour wrote: »
    translation = "people disagreed with me, and I don't know how to respond."

Ahh now I understand. Thank you.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Best crafting I have seen so far is Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (which is now free to play for anyone that wants to try it). Crafting there was like a mini-game (rather than just waiting like in Neverwinter or watching a progress bar like WoW and LOTRO). Also, you could max your crafting without spending a cent of in-game or cash-shop money and without wasting any gathered resources which is something I would like to see other games copy. You could pick up an endless supply of quests to raise your crafting with materials the quests provided so you did not have to gather and waste your own to make things no one wanted.
    edited June 2013
    OH nooooo I have some internet trolls trying to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off.....what ever will I do........
    edited June 2013
    No offense to u all that dis agree with me or not cause most of u all response to what I think means less to me then the piece of toilet paper that I wipe my butt with when using the bath room, so argue away.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Double post. See below for actual post.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited June 2013
    And yet another thread in which the poster is looking for sympathy and agreement with their OP, doesn't get it, and tries to play the "internet tough guy" card.

And fails.

Seriously, do people not know what the point of a forum is anymore? It's like this: you make a point, people make a counter point, and not EVERYONE is going to agree with you.

If you expect everyone to agree with your rant, expect to be majorly disappointed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • hitkillhitkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes, spending 3 days walking the entire map to find specific random ores on the ground and having to get 500 of the "poor-smithed-not-so-good-ore", exactly that, not the "poor ore" or "the not-so-good", is the one that you have 0.05% chance of getting it... and them you go to a city, grab a gigantic list, click there and BAM, failed, go grab everything again... this is way better than clicking on the item, going to bed and return to grab it

btw, you don't even need to log in to start the craft or to grab the loot

and a last thing, if "most of u all response to what I think means less to me then the piece of toilet paper that I wipe my butt with when using the bath room", what is the point of making a topic in a forum?
    edited June 2013
    Nope I think u all fail to understand the point that I make a post.

1. I dont make the post for u all.

2. I make the post for the game creators to see.

3. I respond to u all cause I enjoy a good argument sometimes.

4. But all in all I give 0 of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to any 1s responses.

5. I mean no harm to any 1, its just talk.
    edited June 2013

4. But all in all I give 0 of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to any 1s responses.

If you just want to contact the Development team then email Customerservice@perfectworld.com. The forums are a place for discussion not your own sounding board.
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013

Because you can start hiring a mercenary just before you log off and when you get back online the task will be completed (or near completion). Its pretty easy to get extra profession slots opened up.

Much better than having to stand at a forge for 20 mins again and again and again.
    edited June 2013

Then the logical response is: why make a thread? Responses aren't limited to devs or staff only even if you specify such. If it's on the public forum, then it's fair game to anyone with the right to post.

If you want a dev- or staff-only response, PM the person in question or use the aforementioned email address.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• morbynmorbyn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    SWG at release had the best crafting system to date in any modern MMO. Variable resources and resource qualities that randomly spawned throughout the world(s) which had stats that actually impacted the final result of the items crafted from them.

If you missed out on it, I feel sorry for you. It was truly epic and it's a shame that SOE ruined the game.

R.I.P. SWG! You are missed.