test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My quest semi disappeared from the catalog

anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I know The Foundry has been disconnected due to issues, but are these issues spilling into already published quests?

Has anyone else noticed if their quest is no longer listed in the catalog? My quest Mage Masher use to be under Nuck Chorris vs Funkhead, near the top of the New tab, now it isn't there, nor is it searchable from the New tab. It can only be searched from the Best tab, but isn't listed under any tab.
A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
Post edited by anrix2 on

Comments

• Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sometimes happens if you add an unpublished quest to a campaign that features published quests.

Check to make sure this is not what happened, if it is you will have to remove the unpublished quest from the campaign, then republish everything that was already published.

Which will be a bit hard without the foundry being online...

>,<
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It happens, and the reason for it seems a mystery. :( My quest no longer shows up in the catalog either, which is what prompted me to finally post a thread for it.

Here's what little i can explain:

-The search doesn't work on the "New" tab, period.
    -The search on the "Best" tab is the only way to search, and it searches the whole database, not just the ones listed as "Best."
    -At some point, seemingly randomly, our quests disappear from the "New" tab, but aren't qualified for the "Best" tab, so they just go invisible. Only people who had subscribed to them will see them, on their "Subscribed" tab.

I have checked so many times, looking in the exact spot where my quest should be listed according to it's "Adjusted Rating," but it no longer shows up on the list. There are people with way more/less reviews than me, so that's not it. Sometimes there are quests with the exact same rating as mine listed, sometimes not, so that's not it. There are quests last published before mine, and after mine, so that's not it. Not sure anyone knows what the deal is, but yes our quests fall into a void at some point. :(
  • Options
    neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your quest shows up fine for me on search, at least when searching from the "Best" tab. I don't see it under "New", though. NW-DKYGGYPUE, right?
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »
    Your quest shows up fine for me on search, at least when searching from the "Best" tab. I don't see it under "New", though. NW-DKYGGYPUE, right?

Yeah, that is the shortcode. It isn't apart of a campaign so I think what ever is happening to it is as zbkolde has explained. I wonder if a republish when The Foundry is up will fix this.

• Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My quest disappeared from catalog for whatever reason. It got bumped up to the "Best" tab earlier this week, and knocked back off today. It never reappeared under any other tab, though.

It can still be searched for. It just won't be listed anywhere. It's odd.

EDIT: I guess it's just the nature of the current Foundry catalog, and not any sort of bug. Quests will just be unviewable after some amount of time unless it hits the "Best" tab. I hope Cryptic revamps how we search for quests in the future. Foundry and user-made quests is what keeps me in this game. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I put a ticket in this morning, asking what might cause this and if there is anything that can be done about this. If anything comes up before The Foundry is fixed I will post it here. It is pretty disheartening, because I was gaining a lot of momentum, I had about a 30% increase in plays on Saturday compared to my total plays prior to Saturday...so awesome, finally coming out of obscurity and then this happens and completely kills that momentum. I think if I could break 100 reviews the weight on my rating should change and hopefully land me on the Best Tab, taking me out of limbo.

• Options
    talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    I put a ticket in this morning, asking what might cause this and if there is anything that can be done about this. If anything comes up before The Foundry is fixed I will post it here. It is pretty disheartening, because I was gaining a lot of momentum, I had about a 30% increase in plays on Saturday compared to my total plays prior to Saturday...so awesome, finally coming out of obscurity and then this happens and completely kills that momentum. I think if I could break 100 reviews the weight on my rating should change and hopefully land me on the Best Tab, taking me out of limbo.

Just adding that the experience with my foundry quest has been exactly that of Anrix here. My quest was never on any list but I was able to hustle myself up 40 or so reviews by offering review trades. Then, after the last patch, my quest shows up on the "New" tab, about 5 pages down, and over the next couple of days, I double my review number without doing anything. Now, as of this morning, my quest is no longer listed under "New" and the only way to find it is by searching for it under the "Best" tab.

Not getting too upset or anything, it is what it is...was just nice seeing my review and played #'s jumping up quickly instead of moving at a snail's pace...

Oh, and I used to have an unpublished quest listed in my campaign but sometime last week I read that it could be causing issues so I removed it.
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe this is the way it is supposed to work unfortunately and the "rating system" is gamed pretty hard.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    I believe this is the way it is supposed to work unfortunately and the "rating system" is gamed pretty hard.

I think you may be correct. A republish didn't help, nor did they respond to my ticket...So what do you think I am suppose to do? Just be lost in limbo, wait it out? Someone else played my quest today, I got one new review...how they found it, I have no idea.

• Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have quests stuck in limbo as well. Last I heard they were working on a better method for the foundry layout so I don't think we are stuck with it this way. As far as people randomly playing your quest, they could have hit it by accident by searching. I like to search random words and choose from there :P like car/hat/cat/bear/log/tree/cloth/ etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I withdrew and republished, and still the only change is a bad one. Sometimes my 1.6.0 version shows when searching by name, and sometimes it reverts back to the 1.5.1 version. I have no idea what is going on. The issue could be the catalog or it could be my quest has been flagged for something...either way this quest is done for :(

I think I will just focus on finishing and publishing my second quest and I will make it awesome enough that people will want to search by author. That should fix everything :)

• Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Should get an answer from PW adressing this. Perhaps even a new place to store quests in limbo? "Obsolete" or something like that... Guess they will be just as har to find there as in "for review" though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    myrmecoleonmyrmecoleon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    It'd be great if we had a better search function, so that players can display a subset of quests with specific tags (e.g. combat; story; daily, etc). That'd help for players who're in the mood for a particular style of quest without adding another pane based on preset criteria.

I really liked Mage Masher, by the way - it deserves more exposure!
    Crimson Descent (NW-DRWNLMGYV) - Solo 15-20m combat-focused adventure
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It'd be great if we had a better search function, so that players can display a subset of quests with specific tags (e.g. combat; story; daily, etc). That'd help for players who're in the mood for a particular style of quest without adding another pane based on preset criteria.

I really liked Mage Masher, by the way - it deserves more exposure!

Thanks myrmecoleon, I really like The Chartreuse Halls. I thought for sure it would have landed on the Best Tab. I guess the timers and fx can only really be appreciated by people who know how difficult they are to skillfully execute, the way you did in your quest. They seemed to freak out the general public lol

I am working on a second quest, I am tightening up the script, and I would like to run it through THE FORGE before I officially post something. This new one may be a little risque and will probably disappear from the catalog for different reasons :p

• Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been working to the second part of my quest and noticed I hadn't had a review on my first one in four days, when I was getting one to two reviews per day. I went into the game and did a search for it by name...nothing, looked under the new tab...nothing. Trying to republish to see if that will fix it, but someone already in the thread tried that and it didn't help. This really stinks. Bad enough to have hundred of quest to sort through to find mine, but not being able to find it at all is just not cool. I am going to do whatever I can to get it back up there, but if my quests that I spend all this time working on are just going to disappear, I am going to quit this mess.

This is not acceptable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I felt the same way too, when it first happened. It is very disheartening but don't let it get to you too much. They are working on improving the catalog and hopefully our quests will reappear. The worst part is the customer service, closing tickets without a response. That really makes you feel helpless. If you do find some way to resolve this issue, please share it with all of us who check this thread hoping someone will post an answer.

• Options
    oggbroxoggbrox Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    *bump*

Please fix the catalog n' search-engine. :(
    Quests I like to share:

A CURIOUS DISAPPEARANCE by Sphecida: NW-DDLEOFL2Q
    A CRY UNANSWERED by obsidianw0lf: NW-DGNBAX3RD
    SIEGEBREAKER by ash4all: NW-DGDPWV2U5
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am thinking it has to do with the campaigns. I created one and added the first quest to it, then removed it, never saved it, but never removed the unnamed campaign from my list. I just deleted the unnamed campaign and am now republishing the quest. If this doesn't work, I don't know what else to do except scream. I really hope this works. This is not something I can just sit here and tolerate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Let me know if adding to and removing it from a campaign changes anything. That will be really cool if it fixes the problem.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Let me know if adding to and removing it from a campaign changes anything. That will be really cool if it fixes the problem.

Well I have done everything I can do. I have republished, didn't work. I have deleted the campaign, then republished. Didn't work. I withdrew the quest and then republished, didn't work. Nothing works. The administers are not replying to the thread, people put in reports and they are being ignored. I spent weeks working on the first quest, weeks working on the second part. Have I been wasting my time? It certainly is beginning to look that way.

This is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5

Video Preview
  • Options
    winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine disappeared off the "New" tab today, at just shy of 100 reviews. The timing really does seem random--the original date of publication was May 28, so it hasn't been a month. The rate of review had picked up in the last few days, but who knows if this had any effect on how long it's stayed visible.

So here's another vote for a better listing system. How about ditching the "New" tab entirely, and grouping quests according to number of plays/reviews? 1000+, 100+, 10+, etc.?

I don't think separate tabs for "Story", "Combat", "Puzzle" would work, since so many quests have multiple elements.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still no official response as to why our quests have fallen into the void. I checked through some of the other quests and some have reviews going back as far as May 13th. It really has nothing to do with how long your quest was listed. I think they are selected and removed by some person at PW. This is a total game breaker for me. There is no point to making these quests if nobody can find them. Unlisting the quest after it has only been listed a month is stupid. It kills any chance of the quest making it to the best list or for it to be featured.

How about some answers PW. I have posted on the support site, submitted numerous bug reports, posted numerous times on the forums about this. I haven't gotten one official response to this issue. Tell me what I must do to get your attention. I am tired of being ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5

Video Preview
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think the whole foundry publish is borked anyways.

How do you get people to play your quests if they can't find them? I mean after you first publish it is supposed to go to the "For Review" tab. But I have a quest that is published and I can find it if I search for it on the "Best" tab with the short code. But it is not listed in the "For Review" tab. So how do you get people to play it?
    And yes I know I can post it on these forums. But we all know that most players do not use the forums and even less look at the foundry forum. So how do they know about the quest if they can't see it in the "For Review" tab? Or the new tab if it ever gets out of "For Review".
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine disappeared off the "New" tab today

This happened to me as well. Yesterday my quest "When All is Said and Done..." was number 8 on the NEW tab. Today it's nowhere to be found... And my adjusted ratings are better now than yesterday.

Weird indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I reported this on May 5th here and on the bug forums in case it was a bug. That is why I think this is by design for now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well the issue is unresolved, but I did get an auto response to one of my tickets with some helpful STO foundry forums links in it. I know I specifically said I was playing neverwinter foundry, but hey, you never know. I'll be sure to scan those beauties and see if the solution presents itself. Thanks customer support for the prompt and helpful tip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5

Video Preview
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know The Foundry has been disconnected due to issues, but are these issues spilling into already published quests?

Has anyone else noticed if their quest is no longer listed in the catalog? My quest Mage Masher use to be under Nuck Chorris vs Funkhead, near the top of the New tab, now it isn't there, nor is it searchable from the New tab. It can only be searched from the Best tab, but isn't listed under any tab.

Nuck Chorris is so powerful he obliterated your quest into thin air. Sorry.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    virtousvipervirtousviper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Nuck Chorris is so powerful he obliterated your quest into thin air. Sorry.

Another prime example of a corrupted company. If you ARE NOT bringing revenue to this company, whether it being streaming this game to market it or what-not, you will not be known. I'm sorry. Just get over it and be done.
    If your quest so happened to of disappeared - as dzogen said, your quest has been obliterated by stupid senselessness (you can figure out exactly what I am saying here).

Enjoy, get over it, quit the game and move on. Your popularity will never be known because of a corrupted system.
    So I leave you with this.

Live and learn, but never forget.

VV
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am not sure what is going on, Mage Masher is still not listed in the catalog, and has gone un-reviewed for more than a week, then last night happened. In about an eight hour span I've received 40 plus new reviews, some in another language. I have no idea what is going on, but I do appreciate this turn of events.

• Options
    sskmomsskmom Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    I just had my quest disappear :( I've been working hard to get it back up to 15 min after speed runners dropped it down to 14. So this week I added a lot of things and reposted it. I can search for it by name - but its gone from the new list and didn't make it to the best list. Do you think its the reposting of it? I could always find it and watch it grow until I had to adjust things, but now its gone. Its not part of a campaign and I don't have any campaigns at all. I do have 1 unpublished quest though. Its just so sad that this could even happen. I had no idea that our quests could just disappear with no warning or explanation. I think I'll try and get my unpublished quest published and see if that does anything but I'm not to hopeful after reading this thread. Watching something I've made grow and do well was such a wonderful feeling but this lost feeling is horrible and there seems to be nothing I can do to fix this issue :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]