test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shame on the new event!

Comments

• figgefigge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gotta wonder why this wasn't simply a Skirmish for all level ranges. Queue up, waste zombies on a team as the game was intended, cash in special loot.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    realdadio wrote: »
    All I have to say is .5 fps for the win lol

One thing I'm not understanding about all of this is why the districting system didn't kick in? They could have alleviated at least some of the lag by increasing the number of districts and shuffling new logins to those, I have insanely fast internet with a Bigfoot Killer Nic installed and a system that would blow any so called gaming rig out of the water and I was crawling...I can't even imagine the hell that the average system with a low level cable connection went through.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My level 28 GWF finds it much easier to get bones and loot by spamming wicked strike, than my level 60 cleric... ^^ Glad it is all BOE so I can farm on my GWF lol.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    OHHH! I remember that...the effects of him dying were epic though, the respawn rate was exactly 31 seconds after death when it was suppose to be 31 days.

Yeah they were, if I remember right it was both gear and token that you traded in for gear or something like that. It was about 2-3 years ago so I could be wrong lol...I remember it was right around the new year that it happened. Had something to do with the date not updating or something correctly on the server lol..

darklodus
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    multiple portals opening around town would be much more helpful, currently with just 1 portal is just silly.
  • darkshellknightdarkshellknight Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killerella wrote: »
    multiple portals opening around town would be much more helpful, currently with just 1 portal is just silly.
    they should put the portals on different maps so it can maybe lesson the load of people in the enclave and there will be time for people to actually kill some mobs XD
  • obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

There are multiple portals.. look to the sky you should see beams of light going into the sky.. each beam is a portal point. still doens't help. Or it needs to be more.. I think currently it is 5 or 6 portals.
    7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yep....they should have laid down the asset and sent the folks who were in a certain radius to it's own phase. The saddest thing about all of this is the Cryptic engine can do all of that very nicely. It just could have been so much more, put valendra on the back of the dracolich and have her dive bomb and strafe folks, have her summon Errrtu, put Jarlaxle in leading the fight...I mean something! It was just phoned in...and the phone in was an afterthought.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    One saving grace of the event is that the rewards are largely terrible anyway :P

Yay another awful striker pet!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Is it liek this in other MMOs?

Not it's not like that in many of em. Between people constantly trying to scam others in zone chat (trading post....), and constant GS spamming (hey there is both LFG and que in this game....) zone chat is practically useless. In my opinion, the gold sellers are the least obtrusive compared to actual players.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    every time the portals close I need to restart my client...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jimrdvjimrdv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really guys? PW and the developers should try Rift, Warhammer Online, GW 2 and even Defiance to see how to make a fun public event. Well, funnier than this one.

- Trash Mobs: shoud be more resilient, since we have tons of damage dealers doing their AOEs
    - No mini bosses: a mini boss should be great, and give us something that resembles the feeling of accomplishment
    - Rewards: are all lackluster. If you are a Cleric, the stones doesn't make much sense at all. The dog is a reskin of the current one, and it could be a green or a blue, maybe. The scroll is something people will only use to damage mobs in the event, and thats all...
    - No vanity itens: "zombie disguise" is a simple example of an ok reward, you could even drop weapons just for the looks
    - (Edit) Portal explosion: yes, it is terrible

Yes, I can do better with Foundry, and almost everyone here can do too.
  • j0nnyf1v3j0nnyf1v3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to say shame for the timing of the event. A lot of people work for a living, of those people a huge percentage work Monday - Friday. Why time this event so those of us professionals with jobs have no hope of playing. I can't stay up until one or two in the morning when I have to get up at five. Beyond that, I only got two days notice of the event so I couldn't even request a late start to my Monday work day or anything. From the sounds of it, I didn't miss much, but please, in the future, schedule these events so normal adults can play them as well.
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    I thought someone posted earlier that PWE was selling Anti client crash buffs along with Raid event mob HP increase food in the zen shop.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where to you get bones and such? Do they drop? Make the "portal" invasion over a much wider spawn area so its not such a cluster chuck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jimrdvjimrdv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You get bones from fighting (dealing damage) and sometimes a bag will drop as loot with 1-3 bones...
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    j0nnyf1v3 wrote: »
    I'm going to say shame for the timing of the event. A lot of people work for a living, of those people a huge percentage work Monday - Friday. Why time this event so those of us professionals with jobs have no hope of playing. I can't stay up until one or two in the morning when I have to get up at five. Beyond that, I only got two days notice of the event so I couldn't even request a late start to my Monday work day or anything. From the sounds of it, I didn't miss much, but please, in the future, schedule these events so normal adults can play them as well.

If you choose to miss/rearrange work schedule to play a GAME.....you are not a "normal" adult. Get some counseling please.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    What they could do is just send out a goodie bag at the end of the event and say "Thanks for participating in the defense of neverwinter. Here's your goodie bag with the blue skeletal doggie. Thank you for playing." I think it would stop 99.99% of the whinning here.
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    j0nnyf1v3 wrote: »

The invasion event is occurring over 3 1/2 days, you'll have practically every evening this week to take part.

As for the level of the mobs. This is the first 'day'. I wouldn't expect Valindra to pull out her elite forces immediately, I am sure she has plenty in reserve.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Those minions are actually somewhat tougher than normal 60 mobs. If they gang up on you they can kill you fast. Saw someone go down.
  • draaagundraaagun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic/PWE you just pushed me one step further from your company, elder scrolls online please come and put this trash to the curb.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This event brings a new definition to the word fail.

Get the developers to play Rift for a few weeks, dynamic events is one thing that game has got sorted out in spades (still sometimes lags though, but guess that comes with the territory when you have 100s of players all in the same area).
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only problem I have is the huge lag fest when the portal explodes. I have no idea what is going on during that time, but my PC just locks up for around 2 mins, then back to normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm at work but I figure switching instance should allow for reduced people. HAs anyone tried that?
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Two problems I see with this event:

1. Lag
    2. Low mob HP
  • j0nnyf1v3j0nnyf1v3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you saying you've never taken a vacation day to play a video game? Tsk tsk. One of the great pleasure in life.
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There was an event?
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also the event has some bugs.

I had 10 bones in my inventory and after an event, that awards 2 bones, I only had 11.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The first event didn't run with clock-like precision, and didn't perfectly please the varied tastes of every player in the game. Wow, the developers must suck! Off with their heads! Hang them high! Oops, that won't work too well, better do that in reverse.

This really isn't all that different from other invasion events I've played in other games, lag and all. Hopefully they will be able to smooth it out a bit, for the next event.

There is more to the come in this event too, other than the invasion portals. Perhaps the masses should hold their review until everything has had a chance to play out.
  • ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol...pathetic event.

My guardian barely gets a hit in before the mob dies.

Luckily, there's not worth getting that's worth my time.
    fs_pc.png