What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post patch alternative feats discussion

2»

Comments

• marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    harg3neth wrote: »
    I too am wondering if foresight is actually working... even though i have it 'equiped' theres no where to be found that it gives the damage reduction. There is no 'buff' showing up on people i heal. I'll have to see if i can test it somewhere, damage being taken without it and then what i get with it...

Personally i hate giving up daunting light (for solo reasons) but other then that, nice solid build.

*edit* Dont some testing and (at least for me) foresight does give me like 10% damage reduction. Not sure if it extends to the whole party, got no one to test it with.

I felt the same when looking over the spec posted, just couldn't let go of foresight so have made some personal alterations, picked up my balls and respecced, will do some tests during the Delve this evening.

Regarding foresight, I usually ran with it slotted and did notice the buff icon showing up on my character portrait as well as party member portraits, whether or not it was actually doing anything, well that's gonna take some number crunching, gonna try do some parses tonight if it doesn't lag me out too much.
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Foresight feated is a raw 11% mitagation that you can share with your party and that you can stack with another foresight from another cleric. It works well and it's bis imo
  • rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I for one look forward to any testing on the "new" cleric, I don't have cash anymore to spend fiddling with my spec and am holding off my free respect until i've made my mind up what to spec into/out of. Some hard facts on Foresight and if Benefit if Foresight is worth taking would be welcome...as I will find it very hard to remove that from my class features (11% damage reduction in theory just sounds like a must have, unless its not working that way).

Losing Invigorating Healing is another personal debate, as i'll have to lose something to get Linked Spirit (which sounds like a must have now, unless its bugged and they'll change it on launch). Invig. Heal just seems to me like a low amount of healing, with Moontouched feeling like a lot more, especially when its possible to keep the HG up a lot (I currently use Fervor for the AP gain).

Power of Oppression I thought about as I ran Karrundax today, on trash its pretty easy to keep Astral Seal on multi mobs, but on the end boss itself I felt it would have been less use. Sure I throw some AS around, but not nearly as many and against multiple adds it is less effective - and thus I felt Moontouched (which I use) could be a life saver - and because of huge AP gains of the adds you can have HG up almost all the time. Lets face it, what works best on bosses and their waves of adds is often the only real challenging time.

Anyway, just my musings, I will read this interesting thread as it develops, good luck to all clerics out there, its often a thankless job, but someones gotta do it;p
    edited June 2013
    If you play with Sunburst and AS, Invigorated Healing is ~5% of your total healing, so you have to choose between 5% healing or Linked Spirit, the 2 are great imo.

I think Power of Oppression is crappy, Moon Touched is way more better if you play with HG (it's ~20% of your healing), mark of mending is also way more better.

IMO they are 2 paragon spec : 2/20/9 and 2/29/0, you will be less efficient at healing if you do something else.
  • harg3nethharg3neth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is most likely the build i'm going to try to see if works, does not have anything related to temporary health though.
    2/20/9

*edit*
    At will #1: Sacred Flame or Brand of the Sun
    At will #2: Astral Seal
    Encounter #1: Sun burst
    Encounter #2: Astral shield
    Encounter #3: Forgemaster's Flame or Healing Word
    Daily #1: Hollowed Ground
    Daily #2: Divine Armor
    Class #1: Divine Fortune or Holy Fervor
    Class #2: Foresight
    *end of edit*
  • kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    Anyone have any idea if restoration mastery, 5% defense is given from astral seal? Also does this "defense" mean that defense stat is increased by 5% or that damage reduction is increased by 5%, like in foresight?

Domain synergy gives 5% more recovery, this really means stat recovery is increased by 5%? If it is, I feel like this is a waste of 5 points, putting those points into 5% ap gain instead.

Also I've noticed that at least the way I play, moon touched (hallowed) does about as much healing as invigorated healing. This is with SB + AS.

I was thinking of this kind of build, depends on how restoration etc. works:
    http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=p5r:4czr3:b65s,1xi3315:6c000:6zu00:6yu00&h=1
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Did some parsing for Dread Vault daily (yes it's not epic but too bad) yesterday when I got a chance to play, will post the results after work, some interesting numbers to look over.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kurahavi wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea if restoration mastery, 5% defense is given from astral seal? Also does this "defense" mean that defense stat is increased by 5% or that damage reduction is increased by 5%, like in foresight?

Domain synergy gives 5% more recovery, this really means stat recovery is increased by 5%? If it is, I feel like this is a waste of 5 points, putting those points into 5% ap gain instead.

Also I've noticed that at least the way I play, moon touched (hallowed) does about as much healing as invigorated healing. This is with SB + AS.

I was thinking of this kind of build, depends on how restoration etc. works:
    http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=p5r:4czr3:b65s,1xi3315:6c000:6zu00:6yu00&h=1

1-Restoration Mastery - Grants 5% more "defense stat". This would be based off of each player's defense. Therefore if you had 2500 defense you gain 125 defense. Not worth it imo, I'd rather take Divine Advantage over Restoration mastery.
    2-Domain Synergy functions exactly how you think it does, which is why it's terrible, completely not worth 5 points at all.
    3-To me it seems like Moontouched provides a lot more healing than invigorated healing. 5% every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. Whereas Invigorated healing give you 2.5% every 9s or so from sunburst and every 15s from AS (unless I'm not understanding how AS applies invigorated healing)
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad to see this thread on the forum. Was thinking of posting something like this to discuss my views on the cleric post patch and cover some of the feats / setups that seem like they could be viable. I've had a few ideas, I'd say 2-3 different build possibilities with a few variations depending on preferance.
    I haven't been able to test mot of this because I don't have the money to constantly respec on live and there's like nobody on the test server. I feel that unless I can test on a T2 dungeon (preferably not Kurrandax or Pirate) it's kinda pointless. Also there's the anoying issue of having to copy my character over multiple times to try different specs. Ultimately I doubt I'll respec before the game goes live on the 20th, just in case anything changes.
    I'll make a few posts covering different topics and ideas and discussing some of my views on what I've seen on here already too. Try to keep them somewhat consice so people don't have too much to read, another reason for doing this in multiple posts.
    I'll start off with my two main thoughts and then try to post more latter on today.

1-Not much in the way of choices for class features still. I still view Foresight as our best class feature, especially feated, we're talking 11% damage reduction for the entire party. I never take this off my bar. Honestly people who are saying this doesn't appear to have much effect or be very useful...I'm just not sure what they're thinking or how they're looking at this. It is true that sometimes the buff icon doesn't appear for me or my teammates but it does seem to be working as intended. If somebody has experienced it actually not work I'd love to hear about it and how they were testing it. Because of this that means a mandatory 10 feat points in the faithful feats. I guess this then leaves 1 slot to pick. Sooth is just usless, it was usless with the broken agro and with the new agro system there seems to be no need for it either. My second choice is Holy Fervor, +15% action point gain is huge and with powerful daily's like HG / DA for keeping party up it's extremly useful. Sometimes I swap this out for Divine Fortune on kite heavy fights where I'm using HW. Primarily final boss on FH and SP. Healer's Lore just seems underpowered, even when feated, and the 5% Recovery to Power is pretty bad. Say even if you have 4k Recovery that's only giving you an additional 200 Power.

2-It feel to me now like Invigorated Healing just isn't effective enough to merit 5 points in it when I could take other things. I feel somewhat similar about moontouched but I find this a bit better than invigorated healing. My understanding is that AS only triggers invigorated healing once, if this is not the case I'd love an explanation and it may change my mind about this feat. If this is the case though I'm looking at 5-10 feat points that I can move.

I'll try and post latter about some of the possible feat set up that seem viable and my view's on temp hit point based healing (why It seems like to much of a feat rework just to gain the 10% healing from deepstone blessing.
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    I'm glad to see this thread on the forum. Was thinking of posting something like this to discuss my views on the cleric post patch and cover some of the feats / setups that seem like they could be viable. I've had a few ideas, I'd say 2-3 different build possibilities with a few variations depending on preferance.
    I haven't been able to test mot of this because I don't have the money to constantly respec on live and there's like nobody on the test server. I feel that unless I can test on a T2 dungeon (preferably not Kurrandax or Pirate) it's kinda pointless. Also there's the anoying issue of having to copy my character over multiple times to try different specs. Ultimately I doubt I'll respec before the game goes live on the 20th, just in case anything changes.
    I'll make a few posts covering different topics and ideas and discussing some of my views on what I've seen on here already too. Try to keep them somewhat consice so people don't have too much to read, another reason for doing this in multiple posts.
    I'll start off with my two main thoughts and then try to post more latter on today.

1-Not much in the way of choices for class features still. I still view Foresight as our best class feature, especially feated, we're talking 11% damage reduction for the entire party. I never take this off my bar. Honestly people who are saying this doesn't appear to have much effect or be very useful...I'm just not sure what they're thinking or how they're looking at this. It is true that sometimes the buff icon doesn't appear for me or my teammates but it does seem to be working as intended. If somebody has experienced it actually not work I'd love to hear about it and how they were testing it. Because of this that means a mandatory 10 feat points in the faithful feats. I guess this then leaves 1 slot to pick. Sooth is just usless, it was usless with the broken agro and with the new agro system there seems to be no need for it either. My second choice is Holy Fervor, +15% action point gain is huge and with powerful daily's like HG / DA for keeping party up it's extremly useful. Sometimes I swap this out for Divine Fortune on kite heavy fights where I'm using HW. Primarily final boss on FH and SP. Healer's Lore just seems underpowered, even when feated, and the 5% Recovery to Power is pretty bad. Say even if you have 4k Recovery that's only giving you an additional 200 Power.

2-It feel to me now like Invigorated Healing just isn't effective enough to merit 5 points in it when I could take other things. I feel somewhat similar about moontouched but I find this a bit better than invigorated healing. My understanding is that AS only triggers invigorated healing once, if this is not the case I'd love an explanation and it may change my mind about this feat. If this is the case though I'm looking at 5-10 feat points that I can move.

I'll try and post latter about some of the possible feat set up that seem viable and my view's on temp hit point based healing (why It seems like to much of a feat rework just to gain the 10% healing from deepstone blessing.

Agree for the Foresight part, 11% raw mitigation is totally god tier, it's even more stronger now because we can't have the 40% mitigation from AS h24. But i would say that Healer lore is our default second choice.
  • derotitisderotitis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't used Healer's Lore ever. I get 45%, without linked spirit, action point gain with fervor and can fill up with just a few bursts. I don't have HG up 100% but it seems like I'm pretty dang close in a lot of boss fights. And since a vast majority of the deaths in dungeons is due to poor situational awareness (or simply bad luck) I don't see healer's lore saving anyone. However, if I would have had HG or DA up at that time they probably would have survived.

I just think damage reduction trumps everything in this game. The heals that I do put out are really incidental compared to my damage mitigation. Sometimes I think that I have hots simply to save money for the group.
    edited June 2013
    derotitis wrote: »
    I haven't used Healer's Lore ever. I get 45%, without linked spirit, action point gain with fervor and can fill up with just a few bursts. I don't have HG up 100% but it seems like I'm pretty dang close in a lot of boss fights. And since a vast majority of the deaths in dungeons is due to poor situational awareness (or simply bad luck) I don't see healer's lore saving anyone. However, if I would have had HG or DA up at that time they probably would have survived.

I just think damage reduction trumps everything in this game. The heals that I do put out are really incidental compared to my damage mitigation. Sometimes I think that I have hots simply to save money for the group.

Yeah, but as soon as you can get a 100% HG uptime without Holy Fervor or Divine Fortune, healer's lore is the best choice.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerapiso wrote: »
    Yeah, but as soon as you can get a 100% HG uptime without Holy Fervor or Divine Fortune, healer's lore is the best choice.

How in Elune's name can you do that?! Even with almost 8k recovery and max CHA, this is not possible.
  • rapipirapipi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    How in Elune's name can you do that?! Even with almost 8k recovery and max CHA, this is not possible.

25 cha, 4000 recovery, SB/HW/AS, worked like a charm prepatch, still ok now, the fix on etheral boon is hard, but we dont have to tank the whole earth anymore.
    edited June 2013

Yeah like +1 on that. I've got like 55% AP gain (with HV) and I can usually cast a Daily every other downtime on AS but that's more like 60% up time. Granted with a GF it goes up a bit more but it's still not going to be close to 100; and I feel like I pump my AP gain because daily's are so powerful, especially feated.
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    Yeah like +1 on that. I've got like 55% AP gain (with HV) and I can usually cast a Daily every other downtime on AS but that's more like 60% up time.

If you can cast a 15 seconds buff every 15 secconds, seems more like 100%
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you can cast a 15 seconds buff every 15 secconds, seems more like 100%

He said every *other* downtime, i.e. 30s...
    edited June 2013
    He said every *other* downtime, i.e. 30s...

Woh, so, this is pretty bad
    edited June 2013
    Ok so next thought on state of the cleric post patch:

I'll go over Atwills, Encounters, Dailys and try to do Feats, which is the most complicated, latter on or tomorrow.

1-Atwills: BOS, Astral Seal and sacred flame are all pretty viable. Astral Seal seems to be a granted since it does some damage so helps regen DP and heals allies a little. If you like to move around more or don't have a static group then I guess BOS is the way to go, I currently prefer this more. Sacred Flame has the advantage of doing slightly better damage will providing small temp hp buffs and heals. The problem is that it keeps you rooted in place in order to attack, I also find the attack animation crappy and sometimes it locks me into a triple cast of Sacred Flame unless I use my shift key to break out of it. Lance of Faith is probably our atwill that deals the most damage but it has a slower casting time than Sacred Flame and doesn't give the additional benefits, while suffering from the same issue of remaining still while attacking. I don't see much use for this outside of specialized builds for DPS/Debuff or some sort of PVP set up.

2-Encounters: I'm just going to focus on the encounters that make sense for a healing setup. If you run a some sort of DPS/Debuff build or a support heal/Debuff build take this with a grain of salt, same goes for PVP'ers only. Also I don't feel like covering every single encounter atm, and in the end you can get most of them and just make the few choices you have to based on personal preferance and the build type you wish to run. Having said that I would pretty much never take off AS or SB. AS for obvious reasons and SB simply because it's our best DP/AP generator and has a short CD, on top of the fact that it can be used to proc linked spirit, if your running it (I'm currently not), enduring relief etc. This really only leaves us one optional encounter then. Potentially you can heal your group enough with just AS, SB and daily weather it be HG with moontouch feated or DA for the extra temp hitpoints. This would allow for an offensive spell if we wanted. In general for mobs the best is probably Divine Glow, searing light and daunting light can both put out a lot of damage in slightly different ways and then something like prophecy of doom for bosses. Chances are this isn't the case though, and even if it is it's usually preferable to just have another healing encounter to gloss over mistakes by your other party members etc. I would not recomend slotting an offensive encounter as a solo DC unless you have a good group and you've gone over it with them. So then for your third healing encounter the most common options are HW/FF. I use both. Primarily FF for clearing and most early bosses since it provides better healing, doesn't have the targetting issues and can be used to generate DP by casting outside divinity. HW I've found great for end boss fights (except Kurrundax) since often times the whole party is not together or there is heavy kiting involved (FH). Works wonders for pulling aggro too, such as to keep mindflayers off the rogue in spellplague. HW also procs things like linked spirit when cast in divinity, another useful tool. Finally the only other healing encounter is BOH. I personally hate this ability because of it's absurd CD, I can't stand having a slot on CD that often for that long and imo the heal isn't that impressive for the delayed cast time/CD it has. Cast from divinity it's much better but still has the CD issues, also great for proccing linked spirit and some other useful feats.

3-Dailys: Guardian of Faith is terrible no matter how you look at it so don't bother. HG is still my favorite daily because of it's very impressive group dmg buff, plus when feated it provides a very decent heal. One of the reasons I almost alway run HV, gotta have the daily up as much as possible. DA is a great alternative to HV, for avoiding stacking with a double DC group or as a more defensive daily (you get same mitigation but that 20% tmp HP also) I prefer the group dmg bonus, having DA feated is nice too but way to deep in virtious for me. Flame Strike is a great offensive daily, not only does it disable/knock people down but it has a great area on it. I really like this ability but I do find it's usefullness in PVE somewhat limited because throwing down HG is almost always better. Some people don't even run an offensive daily but run HG if they prefer it and then DA as more of an oh **** people r gonna die type thing. Hammer of Fate is pretty awesome, I love this ability (the dmg, cast animation, and resist when casting) but it's pretty much limited to PVP. If you have the points and you don't feel you need anything else then grab it, I may drop this on my next spec in order to take divine glow, prophecy of doom (although it's currently bugged) or break the spirit
    edited June 2013
    Woh, so, this is pretty bad

Probably every 26s would be my estimate. Can't say what it's like with the GF buff of the top of my head...it's probably something like every 18-20s or so. That's still not 100% though of course and that's running HV.
    Maybe my charisma is low or something, not that it seems that low but anyways instead of just coming on here to tell people how bad they are and doing things a different way maybe you could provide an explanation of how to accomplish said feat, or how it's working for you
  • derotitisderotitis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems like you'll be sacrificing a lot of other stats in order to get 100% up time of HG. It may be worth it though. Stacking recovery with linked spirit would be a pretty large dps boost as well (not to mention the additional power/crit) for the rest of the group. Also, I don't know a lot about wizards and recovery but more Singularities is always nice. But, it just seems to me that people are already getting deep into diminishing returns and that benefit will be reduced pretty soon after release for the rest of players.

Anyhow, the more I read about post patch builds the more I feel like maybe the best groups will have a dps cleric and a heal cleric. Stacking linked spirit with 100% uptime HG & AS(2 AS's may not even be necessary with HG uptime) just seems really awesome.
  • insomeatinsomeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is until Linked Spirit gets nerfed which I guarantee it soon will be.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    derotitis wrote: »

I agree with this, the deaths I see are either Sudden or someone standing outside of AS and my range. Healer's Lore isn't going to help these one bit. I slot Foresight and Terrifyinging Insight.

Unlike many of you that post here, I run with a lot of newer players, and since the patch, I have found that I end up carrying Healing Word instead of FF when I am in group, since FF is hard to cast when stunned or being sucked in by boss...sure in a group of experienced players, I can avoid being stunned or sucked in for the most part and then I use FF. Before with a longer Astral Shield this did not matter.

What I really dislike is that since the patch I can no longer carry Daunting light when in most groups, I have the feats for it, and it does some decent AOE damage while debuffing, and does not have to be cast with Divinity. Maybe tho after everyone gets used to Astral Shield being shorter, and actually carrying pots for those "Oh sh*t" situations, I can use it in group again. Yes, there are still people who are lvl 60 that don't carry pots.

On the whole tho...DC became quite boring with this patch for me, being Crit and DPS specc'd, it is not enjoyable for me to have to slot 3 heal spellsand Dailys when I group...So I rolled a CW, and will see if that keeps me interested in the game.