test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trevor's "All-Around" Cleric Build

trajhver2trajhver2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
NW calc build link -> http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlp:4ai2f:85of,1f323f5:60000:6z0uu:6z000&h=1

This is my "All-Around" Cleric build. I was able to gain access to all powers mainly by sacrificing points that would only give small increases. Many of the Cleric's offensive powers only gain 10% damage increase from subsequent training; these powers are left at level 1 instead of wasting points for such a small gain. This way you have access to them when you want to go offensive, but you don't have to sacrifice points from powers which benefit more from training.

Feats and Powers shine the most in healing, but with access to all powers it can do well in other areas too. I am always top healer in groups, but I have also came out second in damage when I have gone offensive. I suggest human for the 3 extra feats. You can still use this build with other races but you would just have to take out 3 points from Cleanse and/or Bountiful Fortune.

Powers
-All Passive abilities maxed provides versatility for different situations. You can change your passives depending if you are solo, group, or pvp. If you have two clerics in your group you can go with offensive passives if the other cleric can handle the healing. Foresight passive has synergy from Benefit of Foresight feat giving it 5% Defense bonus. Prophetic Action is good for PvP.

-At will powers: Astral Seal and Sacred Flame are maxed and have synergy with Power of Life feat. Brand of the Sun is at level 1 for when you want to go offensive.

-Encounter powers: You have access to all of them for just about any situation. Searing Light and Daunting Light are left at level 1 as they only gain 10% damage from training. Chains of Blazing Light are left at level 1 as I personally don't like the skill, but it could be useful for PvP. I don't like PvP personally but if I did I may have considered putting more points into the skill.

Daily Powers: I use Hallowed Ground for defense and Hammer of Fate for offense. Divine Armor is the only power which is not available to this build. The Moon Touched feat turns Hallowed Ground into a heal which makes Divine Armor useless.

Feats are focused on healing. Domain Synergy is skipped because 5% recovery even at 3000 is only a 150 point bonus which IMO is not that great. For your last point you decide if you want the extra Divine Power level from Greater Divine Power, or if you want the buff proc from Rising Hope. It's up to you :)

That's it pretty much. As for gear I just go for blue (rare) items, or whatever the game marks as recommended. I am still leveling my character up and this process makes it faster to equip and sell items since items are replaced so fast during the leveling process. Once I start to get into the higher levels I plan on spending more time on my gear if necessary, but so far the blue (rare) items are working well.

NW calc build link -> http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlp:4ai2f:85of,1f323f5:60000:6z0uu:6z000&h=1

tumblr_mnu4c2wDFg1stuasxo1_r2_500.png
tumblr_mnu4c2wDFg1stuasxo2_r2_400.png
tumblr_mnu4c2wDFg1stuasxo3_r5_1280.png
TREVOR@TRAJHVER2 on the DRAGON SERVER
neverwintercleric.tumblr.com
Post edited by trajhver2 on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I stopped reading when I saw you do not have Divine Armor and have 3 points in Cleanse...

Use this instead: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?314631-Guide-to-Everything-Cleric-What-you-need-to-know-have-to-solo-heal-everything-PvE
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Battlewise... Power of Life... :(
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    You've got some of the bases covered, save your respec for end game, you're gonna need it.
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Ive been using prophecy of doom healing and it pretty decent to weave in between Astral Shield and FF. Just my 2 cents
  • trajhver2trajhver2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @fondlez - The poster there says themselves that DA is useless without a second cleric in group. I don't see it being worth the points. Whats wrong with cleanse? My other choice would be Templar's Domain, which is more attuned to a damage build.

@lerapiso - I'd rather have 4% threat decrease than crit increase of 35 (3500 * .01 = 35) . That's pretty small. From what I have read Power of Life and Invigorated healing heal for about the same amount. I have kept up groups with astral seal alone.
  • lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trajhver2 wrote: »
    @fondlez - The poster there says themselves that DA is useless without a second cleric in group. I don't see it being worth the points. Whats wrong with cleanse? My other choice would be Templar's Domain, which is more attuned to a damage build.

@lerapiso - I'd rather have 4% threat decrease than crit increase of 35 (3500 * .01 = 35) . That's pretty small. From what I have read Power of Life and Invigorated healing heal for about the same amount. I have kept up groups with astral seal alone.

I'm curious as to what level of content this is for. Really do not see keeping anyone alive in T1/T2 except maybe cragmire/cloak tower with just seal. What specific level of content/type of play does this address?

DA is not useless without a second cleric, that thread is not from the current patch. With the gap in AS you need a larger heal on a fairly frequent basis to keep the party up (at least in T2 content), and DA fits the bill. Moontouched/Hallowed is great, but I've found and so have many others that you now have to bite the bullet and fire off DA. I would consider a must-have, personally.
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013

Yeah the Crit feat suxx, but it seems like you dont know that you can get lower tier feat to unlock the higher ones ... like Toughness, Healing Action, Domain Synergy and Weapon Mastery.

Stop read this forum and do your test, you will see that Power of Life is totally ****ty even if you play with astral seal + sacred flame.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trajhver2 wrote: »

DA is the only Oh-S.h.i.t. button in the game.

He did not say it was useless. That guide is from previous patch where it was still considered excellent even with 2 clerics and even with insane AS stacking... If that doesn't make you realise its value now, then I don't know what to say.

Also, what "threat"? Any "threat" you get now is aggro, as in no one else is hitting that mob so it goes to you as either the nearest person or the person healing the most or the person with the most self-heals or using aoe skills. Threat reduction skills, i.e. skills that lower your number on the threat table of a mob, are completely wasted post patch, even less value than they were before the patch (when they made almost no difference).
    edited June 2013
    ok, thanks. I just wanted to share my idea for a build but i guess it's pretty ****ty. I don't have a ton of time to read the forums and do constant testing. I appreciate your guys input. I will see if I can edit my build some and take your considerations into account. Thanks
  • lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, it depends on what you want to do. I am not discouraging you from trying things or being different - I was just explaining the benefit of DA in the end-game content. I get that some people were rude but I think that is because it wasn't clear exactly what the build is made for :)
    edited June 2013
    Using DA as a bumper / emergency heal does sound like a good idea. I will probably take some points from some passives to work it into my build.

As far as what the build is for I haven't tested it in T1/T2 stuff but I'd like to be able to do anything with the build including those. I'd like to have an all around build of some kind, that is if it is possible to do those tiers without having a 'spec' build. As I am still early in the leveling process I can still take everyone's suggestions into account.
  • aphasiaaphasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    f3ral0ne wrote: »
    Ive been using prophecy of doom healing and it pretty decent to weave in between Astral Shield and FF. Just my 2 cents

How much do you get with Prophecy of Doom Healing? I tried that recently but it seems like Sun burst gave more healing points and of course divine power