What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

neverwinter kills my internet...

Comments

• Options
    uncleseanouncleseano Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That seems like sage advice. I just moved into a new house with some pretty old 'Cablelink' box coming in so maybe that's the issue. I have a techie coming out tomorrow morning to have a look so I can mention it to him/her then. Though I did do speed tests with my DL speed nearly at the maximum and I can play console game online (BF3) with 0 issues. Seems even faster so it's defo an odd one.

The network card is a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller Realtek
  • Options
    damedulocdameduloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed.

I have 0 issues with other games as well. WvW, however, just killed it. It was only after I started looking at the logs that I realised it was actually dropping more often than I had initially thought.

Hopefully a tech will be able to give you some input. Good luck!
  • Options
    lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am still having this issue.

For me upon starting the game, I will see the "server not responding" message and the client will disconnect.

It reports my internet connection is not available. The issue is not the game killing the internet (lolz) but for me is related to my network card, specifically in this case the LAN. Disabling the card and re-enabling the card restores connection and I can connect straight away.

Some points:

My connection is good in all other applications and games. Including max bandwidth usage through torrents. This rules out a problem with my line (attenuation etc), hardware such as network card or wiring.

My router is still active, since at any one time I have six devices connected to it.

No problems are reported in Win logging or router diagnostics/logging.

The issue only happens with Neverwinter.

The issue only started with Neverwinter immediately after a patch. When I first started playing I had no connection issues.

I do occasionally disconnect during session changes such as PvP, Skirmish and Dungeons but this is rare although the same problem.
  • Options
    shadowsouls2012shadowsouls2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this isn't the only perfect world/cryptic game having this problem. star trek online and champion online are having it to. go to tech section and look at sto/co connectivity issues there.
  • Options
    shadowsouls2012shadowsouls2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    from what I understand cogentco is the hosting server. a lot of players have complained, but I guess not enough for them to get a better host. star trek online was unplayable for month worse then neverwinter. then It was fixed for a few months. now the add legacy patch and it went down hill again it seems.
  • Options
    harmakhet21harmakhet21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have this problem on my old desktop. Everything ran fine since beta weekend 2. I just got a new laptop and I am trying to download the game and have had it reboot my router twice, and thus restarting the download process from scratch.

Trying to turn off a few things (including anti-virus) and seeing how far I can go.

Just wanted to add my name to the list.
  • Options
    uncleseanouncleseano Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have this problem on my old desktop. Everything ran fine since beta weekend 2. I just got a new laptop and I am trying to download the game and have had it reboot my router twice, and thus restarting the download process from scratch.

Trying to turn off a few things (including anti-virus) and seeing how far I can go.

Just wanted to add my name to the list.

Just to let ya know my problem is fixed (fingers crossed) Been two days with no grief. A temp fix of turning off voice chat might do the trick but its a hatdware problem for sure. After all of my nerding on a million online games neverwinter was the online one to reset the router. It would happen randomly. The techie from my ISP said it was an up-stream problem and they actually did work in the area (outside the house) the fix the problem.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    damedulocdameduloc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to hear it.

Hopefully, they checked in house as well...in my case, to the house was fine, but once inside it dropped like a hot rock through butter.
  • Options
    xenobiasxenobias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to me that you have a conflicted , or broken anti virus program, coupled with a failing power supply.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if this is what is happening but I've experienced similar behavior in other games that used peer to peer transfers. In the games this happened the peer to peer system would set up a huge number of connections which would basically choke my cable modem and make it reset. In those games I ended up finding options in their launchers or in game that would allow me to limit the peer to peer connections or transfer rate and that solved the problem.

Could that be related to what's happening here? I no longer have the problem since I switched to fiber optic internet so I can't test myself.
  • Options
    zerasadzerasad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a really similar issue. Whenever I play the game it just sucks up all the bandwith. My internet browsers just flat out stop working. I tried it with both Mozilla and Chrome, after like 5 minutes of being in-game my browsers just lose connection. I can't view webpages, and my youtube videos stop. It's super annoying. And it sometimes fixes itself for a couple minutes, and then it does it breaks again. I don't even have to be ingame playing. Last time I logged in and selected my charater and started loading in, and my browsers broke. And the craziest thing is, it only happens with this game. I've played more than 2000 League of Legends matches, 300+ hours of WoW, 200+ ours of Path of Exile and a lot of other online games, and this never happened ONCE, NOT ONCE. And even more ****ed up, that if I exit the game it sometimes still lurks around, and then I realize that the exe is still running. So I check it and no connection, can't reach webpages, and then I kill the exe, and would you belive it 1 second after killing the app my internet is fully functional. Oh yea, and it also only happens to me in the house. While I'm playing Neverwinter and can't access websites everyone else in the house has completly functional internet, so go figure...
  • Options
    decryptlulzdecryptlulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, just wanted to bump this up as I am having this problem also. Never seen a program/game able to boot me completely off my network. It seems there is a packet corruption occurring and this needs to be fixed ASAP. This is the only game/program i have running and my network works fine when i'm not playing it. I have Voice Chat disabled and the problem still persists. I've gone through the necessary steps that may have fixed this, but no success.

Some suspicions a friend of mine and I had were that it may be the test shard server. Could be completely wrong though.

Thanks.
  • Options
    srlkvcnforumsrlkvcnforum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is happening to me too. Netgear modem, it totally resets itself every time I try playing.
  • Options
    harley013harley013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so neverwinter has been literally disconnecting me from my actual internet service for small periods of time when playing. I am wondering if this is happening to anybody else. Again, I dont just get disconnected from the game, I get disconnected from my entire network and I cant even search the web.

anyone know what this problem is?

I am having the same problem...I have been posting it but did not get any answers yet!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, this is getting way out of hand now. This is happening to myself and a few of my guildmates and they have the same problem. It disconnects us from the game and then boots us temporarily from our entire network. It starts with a "Server not responding" Red error message, and then i lose connection, then i disconnect from any other internet based program, and i can't load a webpage. Some Staff have mentioned that they were looking into this almost a month ago, and i haven't seen an update since then. What's the deal with this?
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I had a router that would appear to work just fine, but after watching Netflix for a bit it would get really low quality. I replaced it and everything was back to normal.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    verugan wrote: »
    Yeah I had a router that would appear to work just fine, but after watching Netflix for a bit it would get really low quality. I replaced it and everything was back to normal.

Literally nothing to do with anything in this thread...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump this up, looking for answers or something from the staff....................
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm, i hadn't considered this but i was just playing ten min ago and i did get DC ingame, and my internet did go down three or four times in a row. (naturally i assumed that i DC from the game BECAUSE my internet went down) but the moment i exit the game, my internet is fine, but if i log back into NW... i start getting DC's again.
  • Options
    beauxdaciousbeauxdacious Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what do u mean impossible? what are you saying is impossible in my statement. I am merely stating what IS HAPPENING. I get disconnected from neverwinter every 15-30 min and after that my entire internet disconnects for around 30 seconds to a minute. If i go for any length of time without playing neverwinter MY INTERNET DOESNT GO DOWN AT ALL. This is obv not impossible since its happening to me lol. And im not even complaining that neverwinter is using to much bandwidth. Regardless if its my computers fault or the games fault the problem still stands that when i play neverwinter something is messing up and causing this. I was just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem.

This is happening to me as well. Only time it happens literally is when I play this game and it kicks everyone in my house off and the internet light starts blinking, and it's not just once it's all the time. I played for 40 minutes on another game and no problems, come back here. Starts acting up again. So I feel you. Not my PC though. Brand New, Windows 7, not 8, no problems with the internet, but for this game.
  • Options
    paladave1990paladave1990 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So i think i fixed the problem (tho only time will tell if it happens again)
    if you go to their support site, one of the automatic replies they send u suggests installing/updating the latest internet explorer and making it your default browser... sounds <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but after doing that AND opening the ports for the game i haven't been disconnected from the game OR my internet... i guess the scripts in the game use internet explorer and not having installed/updated and set as default might cause internal problem and apparently even cause interference with the router... this is me just guessing but hey, if it works, it works...
  • Options
    paladave1990paladave1990 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nope nvm , after an hour just repeated the problem
  • Options
    ezizualezizual Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've actually been having a similar issue, but I just assumed it my internet service. However, it sounds identical, random disconnects which also very briefly disrupts my internet service. I only find it strange as I've never had any problems whatsoever like this with my provider, then after playing Neverwinter for the past few days, I've had it around three times.

It's weird as it actually causes my skype calls to hang up for about 8 seconds after I see the "No server response" message on Neverwinter.

As I said, I assumed it was just my internet, but the timing of it with Neverwinter seems to correlate too well for my liking. I haven't had any issues on any other games or anything else but Neverwinter, just to be clear. This has only happened when I've been playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    somnatiussomnatius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also running into this issue, running windows 7
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Its a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> issue that I also thought was my ISP too but it is not. Add this to the chat bug that is disallowing me to talk to any npc, receive loot rewards (especially from GG) or do much of anything, this game is royally ****ed for me right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Do you remember back at the beginning of MAY when they said they would "look into" this; that was cute wasn't it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still...happening...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    a week of this, its just pure bs. Happens every time I zone without fail.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually the net code of this game stinks, can you say " rubberbanding", doesn't happen all the time but everyone here complains about it.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    having to relog almost any time I want to change characters, big zones/pvp/GG.... or see chat. wtf is this bs.
This discussion has been closed.