test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for quests with story to play

maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hello, my plans for today got a little crossed by the fact that foundry is still down. So, here am I, going to play your quests all night. Just post the code in this thread and I will play through your quest and leave a review here. The only requirement is that your quest has somewhat solid story - if I wanted to murder armies of mobs, I could do so much more profitably in Cryptic's dungeons

Siegebreaker:
I liked the storyline, it was clean and simple. But the whole quest feels unfinished. There's a lot of work with the environments to be done until it gets the right feel to it.
- I dislike Cryptic's yellow mission text over the screen. Especially after opening the bag, I had no chance to read the text until I was teleported. You could make it an Inspect Object objective.
- The girl that is described as 'having barely any clothes on' has actually a plenty of clothes on :D You should either change her outfit, or remove that description, because it contradicts each other.
- A few times in dialogue, you assumed the player's character is male. My female wizard didn't like that.
- I enjoyed the idea of choosing where to place my soldiers. But the last battle could be done so much better! I couldn't even see what happened in the courtyard. I divided the troops 50:50 and the front line won the battle by themselves. I literally just stood behind and watch them murder the attackers (and felt like general, yeah!)
Man, the last battle! Just imagine making the battle inside a castle's courtyard! Gate broken, one group fighting inside the courtyard, second group fighting on battlements, third group defending compromised underground tunnels. Night, Fire, epic music. I would 5/5 that instantly. (and now I'm getting an idea for a quest but I already have so much more to do before I could get to it :()
overall: 3/5
Adventuring College:
I learned a lot of things about my wizard. She has orcish drinking buddies, with whom she has belching contests. She doesn't pay her debts, can even get her extremely high wizard boots stolen and probably isn't totally straight. Well played, sir. Well played.
Seriously, this map is awesome. The little flaws it had were gladly overlooked for its humor. Teach me how to be funny like you, please!
- you had a 'Go to next map' objective there somewhere. Just thought I'd point that out.
- Vic kept calling my female character 'sir'. Even if she apparently likes women, that isn't nice of him!
overall: 5/5
Prologue: The Misty Hollow
I am not worthy! One of the best Foundry quests that I've played. Period. Anyone who reads this and didn't play the quest yet, do it now!
overall: 5/5. Cause I can't give you more, sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
Post edited by maerwin on

Comments

• Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey :) I'm currently starving of fact, that I can't edit my quest. But it has better story than it looks (it has some issues that I plan to fix ONCE foundry is fixed). I hope you will not have much issues:
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Did you do mine? I forget things. Link in sig. You don't get to fight anything till the second half so it might be your cup of tea.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you don't mind a quest that has a bit of tongue-in-cheek pop culture humor, mine's focused on the story.

Info's in the sig if you want to give it a shot.
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My campaign is story driven...
  • Options
    winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maerwin,

Sounds like mine might be up your alley. It's got mobs to kill, but all in service to the story.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • Options
    talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    Mine is definitely a story-driven quest that is light on the hack and slash.

Would love it if you could check it out. Info is in my sig.
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have a strange campaign going... The first part is sort of a "pilot episode" where you're introduced to the characters - not all people like that too much. Isn't really much fighting going on. Just to warn you.

But, you could give it a go if you want. Just look at my sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    bandolinibandolini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I saw your post and wanted to give Siegebreaker a try, so here's what I found, hope it helps.

In neverwinter, why send someone to two characters that don't add anything to the story? It is frustrating, and you end up wondering why didn't I just get sent to the gate after speaking with the merchant? The cart ride, has a manic NPC running into the sides of the cart while you are talking to the other NPC's, which is slightly bizarre. The gratuitous conversation with references to toilet humour is a matter of taste, personally I would change that, it may offend some people. The encounters are fairly easy, and you can bypass the wolves quite easily if wanting to. When the lookout post is reached, it is totally confusing as to why you end up in a tent after looking at some bags. Ok, you then get told you have been knocked on the head, so, fair enough. However, the next objective is 'travel North East' but the trail indicates the opposite direction. When that is followed it brings you back to the lookout post, which then sends you back into the camp, which when I did, I got placed in a tent, which stuck me, and I ended up abandoning the quest. I think you have the makings of a good quest here, however, it needs a lot of work on the detail. Your cart ride is imaginative and a good idea, perhaps make the destination a bit more atmospheric and understandable as I had no idea where I was or why. The logic of the directions needs some work and perhaps a few more enemies in some of the empty tents? I just was able to walk out of that without actually fighting if I looked around a bit. I hope this helps, and you can develop it some more. I would like to give it another go when it's complete. Thanks.
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bandolini wrote: »
    I would change that, it may offend some people.

What is the deal people have with always trying NOT TO offend other people? Wouldn't it be easier if people weren't that easily offended? I mean, if you come over some content that offends you, just abandon quest. It's not that hard. Imagine if I was offended by pine trees and rubble piles... Man, that would make for some empty maps if all authors should stop using those assets so I wouldn't get offended. My bet is that you are american. And I won't use it against you. I just don't get the idea of desperately trying to please EVERYONE. Let people make what they want, and if you don't like it - simply don't play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's a lot of story in mine, particularly if you take time to look and talk.

There's a fair amount of combat, too, but it shouldn't be a huge meat-grinder (and in the upcoming next mission I plan on making combat entirely optional).
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    bandolinibandolini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good point, I agree with you, they were just observations, I was quite happy with it myself and was just trying to be constructive. Cheers.
  • Options
    swordswornswordsworn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine has intense combat but it is only 10 min Long and is totaly story driven. If you want short cute quest with hummer try my "the Infinity Chest" NW-DKAAXTP4W. Of note please read the mission destription. It sets up the story. (your supose to be acepting a job request off the bullention boards and reads as such). Some people might tell me I should have a quest giveing npc, but I do hate loading into a map for 1 coversation to load into another.
    45 min story driven solo dungon. Branching dialogs. Multiple mid boss encounters. More small groups of tuff mobs then trash spam. "In defence of the Beggar King" now elidgable for daily foundry. NW-DHJPT25G4

10 min short but sweat. Amusing story and dialog. Light humor. Creative hord/survival mode hybred. Detailed eviroment. Entense combat with little no respite. Lovable contact npc. "The Infinity Chest" NW-DHKAAXTP4W
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FQIS.

Story driven, monty-python humor based. Quite silly, but should be entertaining!
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine's story-driven also, with some exploration rewards. Some combat, but not too hard or too much.

The Cursed Emerald: Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine has a story and part 2 will be out this week if the foundry is ever working again so I can finish it...
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited June 2013
    City in Conflict is very lore and story driven. Take a look if you dare lol.
  • Options
    boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is story based as well. Hoping to have the 2nd quest out this week. Each quest gets progressively more story driven, so the first one is the lightest in story, but it's definitely still there. Also some significant combat as well. If you have time, would love for you to take a look. :) Details in sig!
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll have to check out the misty hollow now.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    data314159data314159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Story driven, A lot to see if you investigate all maps. A lot of fighting, but it's fun. Can be hard on casters if they don't know how to move around a bunch. Some riddles. Try mine you wont be disappointed. Challenge invitational: Maze
    Visarys
    GWF Lvl 60
    Dragon Shard

Try my newest Foundry MissionChallenge Invitational: Gauntlet NW-DHCDKY8UCCatapults and Zeppelins!
    Try my Foundry Mission Challenge Invitational: Maze, NW-DMXDXKQGD
    18-30 min.
    Solo
    Fighting, riddles, maze and dancing ogre's