test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

Comments

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    That doesn't make a whole lot of sense on the basis that anyone can still play Foundry missions during the event. We just can't make anything new.
    ^This

Exactly.

Not to mention that drops from mobs in Foundry are calculated just like in Cryptic maps, and Foundry maps can't even have skill nodes.
    Oh, and a lot of Foundry quests still remaining online are old quick HnS maps.

Anyway. Better to be prepared for longer waiting. Star Trek Online Foundry glitched with, or shortly before, Legacy of Romulus and is not online to this day. If problem with NW foundry is anything like that, well... It will take more than till the next week.

Playing Champions Online instead, will be back in NW when Foundry returns.

lonnehart wrote: »
    I bet if the Foundry was vastly improved, but then PWE puts in "Premium Features" that you have to buy to use, the game would lose a lot of Foundry authors...

You know, on the other hand... I bought NWN1 only because it had editor. Game otherwise wasn't that good.
  • azithothazithoth Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    kirkhodges wrote: »
    Perfect World doesn't spend money for funnsies. If the foundry didn't make money, it'd be gone.

foundry is what keeps me here, and i've spent money. so, true story ^
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Originally Posted by dezstravus

Hey All,

Unfortunately the issue remains to be completely resolved. The engineers have a plan in place though the ETA of when it will be completed remains to be determined. They will continue crunching away and working to resolve the issue throughout the weekend. If an ETA is discovered, we will post it as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Which basically means "ha, they be stupid enough to think we are actually going to work on this over a weekend".

As an aside, I'm just going to point out a simple example that demonstrates everything you need to know about how and why PW/Cryptic work on code.

Ever since day 1 of Open Beta I have been coming here to read about the game, no matter how many times I click the "Stay Signed In" button it doesn't keep me signed in; no matter how many times I have asked my browser to remember my PW the login code doesn't seem to be able to pick that up, I have to manually login every single time; which may be as many as 10 times a day if I'm working on a Foundry project or trading reviews.

But the one time I accidentally clicked "Charge Zen" instead of "Login" I was instantly logged in, no need to enter my login or password, the code worked.

And that, my fellow Foundry outcasts is about as honest example of the prioritising of coding in this game you will ever see.

They don't care what doesn't work as long as "Charge Zen" does work.

All The Best

This.Period
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • olepiolepi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Release" is two days away; are they gonna release the game with the Foundry still broken?
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I already have two capes. Please keep this in mind when you compensate us, and believe me, we do need compensated if we stick around after this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    olepi wrote: »
    "Release" is two days away; are they gonna release the game with the Foundry still broken?

Release is 4 days away by my count.
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I already have two capes. Please keep this in mind when you compensate us, and believe me, we do need compensated if we stick around after this.

I don't think we're going to get any compensation - how will that work, exactly, when main core of the game is still working just fine? How can they compansate just foundry authors? Give us more assests or something?
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

They have decided to compensate you. From now on the game and the foundry will be free. Sorry for all the hardship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
    edited June 2013
    eskarine wrote: »
    I don't think we're going to get any compensation - how will that work, exactly, when main core of the game is still working just fine? How can they compansate just foundry authors? Give us more assests or something?

Real bosses like DRAGONS, a better reward system, or more assets would be nice. If they aren't using this down-time to add some stuff, improve some stuff, or fix some stuff besides it being offline, I'll be heavily discouraged from investing more time in this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    They have decided to compensate you. From now on the game and the foundry will be free. Sorry for all the hardship.

I would rather they make both of them subscription based, or at least make you spend 60-100 bucks on a game key... Then I wouldn't have to put up with half as many smart-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people like you. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellloreangelllore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Real bosses like DRAGONS, a better reward system, or more assets would be nice. If they aren't using this down-time to add some stuff, improve some stuff, or fix some stuff besides it being offline, I'll be heavily discouraged from investing more time in this.

give me give me give me, every one has this whole entitlement mentality... frankly its bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you don't need to be compensated, nor do they need to give you anything... we are lucky to even have a foundry. we should be grateful for what we do have

as for the reward system, its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a reason and i highly doubt they will fix it, if u have better rewards u will just have people spam short runs to farm for gold and loot. maybe scale the loot lvl to the play time? i do agree with the better boss that would be nice.
  • hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why don't we wait until we actually regain access to the Foundry before we start demanding "compensation" for lost time, shall we?

And, AFAIC, there is no lost time. I've finished the lore and dialogue trees for my new quest, learned several new rope ties and knots, watched a few episodes of "Life" on Netflix (good show, that), did some laundry, sideloaded several emulators on my KF, and it's not even noon on Sunday yet. Yeah, it sucks to not be able to be on the Foundry, and yeah, I've spent money here too, but I know my complaining about it won't get the job done any faster. As long as it actually comes back, I'm good. More assets would be great, but that's kind of putting the cart before the horse.
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mmmmm! What to do! I could take my just levelled 15 out and level up some more...

...or not!
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eskarine wrote: »

Give us a a few extra Quest Slots.

Only Foundry Authors will ever use them.

Heck give us 10 more so we can do the real work of MMORPG's (content) while they work on more ways to get microtransactions out of people, for a "free" game.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited June 2013
    angelllore wrote: »
    give me give me give me, every one has this whole entitlement mentality... frankly its bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you don't need to be compensated, nor do they need to give you anything... we are lucky to even have a foundry. we should be grateful for what we do have

as for the reward system, its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for a reason and i highly doubt they will fix it, if u have better rewards u will just have people spam short runs to farm for gold and loot. maybe scale the loot lvl to the play time? i do agree with the better boss that would be nice.

People are already exploiting the shortest eligible quests heavily, dude. We're lucky to have a Foundry? Awesome. I'll go use it... OH WAIT, WE DO NOT HAVE A FREAKING FOUNDRY RIGHT NOW! :( Maybe I am entitled, but it's like this. I'm here for the Foundry. Cryptic/PWE wants my money. That's obvious by the fact the main storyline keeps sending me back to Zen vendors at every turn. "Buy a mount, buy a companion, buy a bag!" If they want my money, they need to be providing me with a good service. So far I've not spent anything, because the service they've given me isn't nearly as rewarding as what I was using a decade ago on Starcraft. That campaign editor gave you every unit in the game. Our Foundry does not give us most of the better monsters/bosses. We have a terrible loot/reward system discouraging people from playing new quests, AND a broken search utility, so most players just treadmill by playing the same ones over and over. A handful of quests get a thousand plays, about half of those authors are employees of Cryptic, or friends of those employees. The ones who aren't get attacked by those employees/their buddies on here constantly just for advertising their quests. This system is so broken. You won't change how I feel about this. The only ones who can do that are the devs, and they'll have to do more than the bare minimum required by their jobs to accomplish that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    'give me give me give me, every one has this whole entitlement mentality... frankly its bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you don't need to be compensated, nor do they need to give you anything... we are lucky to even have a foundry. we should be grateful for what we do have'

We are lucky to have a foundry!!!

Some of us only came here for the foundry, if the game went down and only the foundry was working do you think people would not be moaning.
  • d3ward3war Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why isn't a major multi-day outage listed in the news on the launcher? I shouldn't have to search the forums to find out why I'm getting an inexplicable error, I should know right from the program itself.
    edited June 2013
    d3war wrote: »
    Why isn't a major multi-day outage listed in the news on the launcher? I shouldn't have to search the forums to find out why I'm getting an inexplicable error, I should know right from the program itself.

I know, right? The message you get "Foundry editing not allowed!" almost makes it sound like your rights to edit foundry missions have been permanently revoked. Instead of telling us the problem, they make it seem like we're being punished. It should really say something like "Foundry editor down." That uses less characters, and sends a much clearer, less confusing message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would rather they make both of them subscription based, or at least make you spend 60-100 bucks on a game key... Then I wouldn't have to put up with half as many smart-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people like you. :p

You have got a lot of nerve. You want compensation for being denied what you were already doing for free. Someone points out your unreasonable demand and you call them names. If this was a subscription based game or if you had paid for a key, I could understand your sense of entitlement, but it is not. You are just being a jerk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
    edited June 2013
    You have got a lot of nerve. You want compensation for being denied what you were already doing for free. Someone points out your unreasonable demand and you call them names. If this was a subscription based game or if you had paid for a key, I could understand your sense of entitlement, but it is not. You are just being a jerk.

Thank you, but I only have one nerve to be honest, and it's easy to step on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deimosesdeimoses Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A handful of quests get a thousand plays, about half of those authors are employees of Cryptic, or friends of those employees. The ones who aren't get attacked by those employees/their buddies on here constantly just for advertising their quests. This system is so broken. You won't change how I feel about this. The only ones who can do that are the devs, and they'll have to do more than the bare minimum required by their jobs to accomplish that.

Unless you can provide proof of that statment I'm going to assume your just angry people dont want to play a 2 min quest with a name that took no imagination. When an author can't be bothered to invest in his work, I wont be bothered to try it.
    edited June 2013
    People are already exploiting the shortest eligible quests heavily, dude. We're lucky to have a Foundry? Awesome. I'll go use it... OH WAIT, WE DO NOT HAVE A FREAKING FOUNDRY RIGHT NOW! :( Maybe I am entitled, but it's like this. I'm here for the Foundry. Cryptic/PWE wants my money. That's obvious by the fact the main storyline keeps sending me back to Zen vendors at every turn. "Buy a mount, buy a companion, buy a bag!" If they want my money, they need to be providing me with a good service. So far I've not spent anything, because the service they've given me isn't nearly as rewarding as what I was using a decade ago on Starcraft. That campaign editor gave you every unit in the game. Our Foundry does not give us most of the better monsters/bosses. We have a terrible loot/reward system discouraging people from playing new quests, AND a broken search utility, so most players just treadmill by playing the same ones over and over. A handful of quests get a thousand plays, about half of those authors are employees of Cryptic, or friends of those employees. The ones who aren't get attacked by those employees/their buddies on here constantly just for advertising their quests. This system is so broken. You won't change how I feel about this. The only ones who can do that are the devs, and they'll have to do more than the bare minimum required by their jobs to accomplish that.

while i agree PW is not perfect they are doing REALLY well for a free to play game, i am sorry that you don't enjoy the game main game play, but just because u choose not to play the actually game does not mean u should be compensated for something that is purely optional. yes a few things need to be fix but keep in mind this is still beta, the has not released yet, we don't know yet how the actually game will function. the whole point in beta is to figure out what works and what does not... as for the foundries choices by the retaliation to the company, i would question your sources on this. the loot reward system is drastically better then most other games out there... all in all for a beta PW has done a really good job.
    edited June 2013
    angelllore wrote: »
    while i agree PW is not perfect they are doing REALLY well for a free to play game, i am sorry that you don't enjoy the game main game play, but just because u choose not to play the actually game does not mean u should be compensated for something that is purely optional. yes a few things need to be fix but keep in mind this is still beta, the has not released yet, we don't know yet how the actually game will function. the whole point in beta is to figure out what works and what does not... as for the foundries choices by the retaliation to the company, i would question your sources on this. the loot reward system is drastically better then most other games out there... all in all for a beta PW has done a really good job.

You're not old enough to remember good games, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    deimoses wrote: »
    Unless you can provide proof of that statment I'm going to assume your just angry people dont want to play a 2 min quest with a name that took no imagination. When an author can't be bothered to invest in his work, I wont be bothered to try it.

My two minute quest has more plays than about 90% of Foundry missions that have been published, a better rating than 90% of them, and has been praised by some of the best Foundry authors on here. I made it in one day out of spite for the community because of the current state of things. I've not had to kiss any butt to get plays. People I've butted heads with constantly on here even gave me good ratings. So yeah, whatever. I don't need your play, kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013

His reply was one of sarcasm not really insulting, is that not exactly how you started this?

Why should people not be compensated for down time? Do you honestly think that people make games for 'free' do think that Neverwinter is not a profit motivated project?

It would not be hard for them to add a little extra for the players that have not been able to enjoy the game for the last three days, It's called good customer service.

The one issue I do have is that now it is open beta, which is designed to iron out problems such as this. If you had pointed this out I'd have agreed with you but instead you just stooped to sarcasm, when you do this you should expect to be insulted.
  • cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Joust, now that was a good game. :cool:
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
    edited June 2013

age has nothing to do with this my friend, keep in mind the category we are talking about free-to-play company, mmmo based, yhea if your going to compare it to pay-to-play companies its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but this is not that, and its is still in beta remember. for what it is and where its at they have done a really good job. not to mention unlike most ftp companies u can actually have progress with out spending a bunch of money, i can name one game right now where every time u die u need to pay money or start the whole dungeon over again, and yet another where u can only do 3 dungeons a day unless u pay. for what this game is, it has been done REALLY well...
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deimoses wrote: »
    Unless you can provide proof of that statment I'm going to assume your just angry people dont want to play a 2 min quest with a name that took no imagination.
    While it's not a popular quest, I can.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?244721-Review-for-Review-Running-Foundries-Non-Stop-All-Day!&p=3337262&viewfull=1#post3337262
    edited June 2013

You're awesome, kama. Every time someone demands proof and I'm too lazy to provide it, you step up to the plate like a champ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    My two minute quest has more plays than about 90% of Foundry missions that have been published, a better rating than 90% of them, and has been praised by some of the best Foundry authors on here. I made it in one day out of spite for the community because of the current state of things. I've not had to kiss any butt to get plays. People I've butted heads with constantly on here even gave me good ratings. So yeah, whatever. I don't need your play, kid.

how exactly is this proving what you had stated original about
    "handful of quests get a thousand plays, about half of those authors are employees of Cryptic, or friends of those employees."
    that just seems to say the opposite
This discussion has been closed.