test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Healing went from tricky to painfully hard.

soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
With changes made during this patch lowering the uptime of the shield from 100% to 75% has turned a tricky to heal game using a crosshair to target on top of the shield heal and targeted AOE into a very unsatisfactory mechanic. With the games overuse of hard hitting trash mobs groups are being murdered at times in the tier 2 dungeons from the overwhelming mess of time juggling time and targeting with cooldowns.

Before in CN for instance even with Astral Shield you had to use Forgemaster's Flame and Bastion (Insert whatever you use) to cope with it as a single healer. With two clerics and the stacked AS, yes it at times was easy. Removing that should have been enough, not making it even harder on the one remaining healer that will fill groups as healing in this game is currently very weak.

I do not have the highest GS in the game. I do however happen to be above 10.5k and I'm well above competent as a healer. This change is a bit much and with the way gear drops and the blind learning curve of the game this might drive off those in PVP sets or starter gear from ever being able to reach a higher level than 8300-9200 to keep them around to do content. Two things are needed, a tank and a healer. Not a tank and a frustrated healer.

Changing this back would be a boon for all classes in the game. One healer can still be easily destroyed in PVP without the stack from two DC's. I feel if left unchanged less DC's will be in PvP making it simply a TR/GF spamfest.

Thanks for reading,
sO
Guild Leader - Drunkenheroes.com (130+ members)
Post edited by soiledostrich on

Comments

• gtxinsanegtxinsane Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gtxinsane wrote: »
    PPS: To people who still find it hard to heal in the new patch, and don't have the benefit of pre-mades, guilds, or friends (lol). The sequence is basically let your tank engage the fight, once people start taking damage plop shield. Note how long your shield cooldown is and substract 10 seconds. Once you see your timer for AShield run out (if your AShield cooldown is 15, it should be 5), pop a heal (forgemaster's flame/bastion of health) to those who need it. Spam sunburst. Use a Daily on 100% AP (no, i don't need to actually time when to cast my daily). Rinse and Repeat. Oh, you don't have to use soothe, or battlewise for that matter, since threat is great now. No more kiting, no more knowing when to stop to cast a skill. Oh, and if people die it's not your fault, it's probably theirs because they refused to step away from the red (you can try to save them with Divine Armor though).

EZ PZ lemon squeezy.

Just quoting myself from another thread. Our gear scores are not far off and I don't have any trouble at all.

Oh, and remind your party that AShield has a downtime now, I always do it when I'm going with PUGs, and when they go all gaga in the mic, I mute, if I get annoyed, I leave. Pretty simple.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am glad for your opinion. I do not share it.
    edited June 2013
    Fair enough. Stay frustrated. Cheers.
    Gabriel Angelfire - Devoted Cleric // Karguk the Impaler - Great Weapon Fighter // Zephalyne - Control Wizard
    PVP: How to make your life less miserable as a Devoted Clerics -- Still in it's Unfinished Glory
    Dragon
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not frustrated, I did notice however I didn't ad, "though." :D
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    So here's a quick way to find some common ground, post both your average latencies and where you're playing from. The sheer amount of rubber-banding and "how the **** did that hit me" moments when you've clearly dodged a red spot and get teleported back into it makes my guild of above-average friends who have played together for years curse in frustration.

Good luck dodging when dodge fails 75% of the time.
    edited June 2013
    I average 200 on a good day. But recently i've been spiking to 300-400, with packetloss spikes of up to 8000. (SEA region)

But the point here really isn't latency, as everybody has to cope up with that. I do by not playing on these certain peak times. 300 is relatively playable for me as long as there isn't so much packet loss.

OPs point is healing is harder now because of the recent AS nerf, combined with a plethora of other, cleric related things. His frustration is well placed though.
    Dragon
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Dodge resets can be avoided most of the times. It mainly happens if you try to dodge directly after using any skill. Let it cast like half at least and then start to dodge and there will almost no resets happen.

Before in CN for instance even with Astral Shield you had to use Forgemaster's Flame and Bastion (Insert whatever you use) to cope with it as a single healer. With two clerics and the stacked AS, yes it at times was easy. Removing that should have been enough, not making it even harder on the one remaining healer that will fill groups as healing in this game is currently very weak.

Before that patch, I didn't need to use all that stuff in any special rotation at dracolich for solo healing. AS and Sunburst all the time on CD and a Healing word mainly spammed at the TR to help him/getting adds of him. Was with 2 CWs and as long as they don't fail 2 or more times in a row, theres nothing that can kill you. However, now the bigger problem imo is the split aggro. I prefered having aggro myself with a defensive build rather than CWs which got mostly very low def/Hp, because they just don't focus on that.. maybe they will now because they got aggro more often. Noticed that at my latest 2 CN trys post-patch - CWs just die to fast to random stuff/trash at draco. You can be the best healer in the game but if your team mates just die instantly there's no way you can do sth about it. People need to adapt to those changes.
    Having a GF or GWF helps now a lot as well if he knows whats to do, however I personally die/drop faster on my GF than I was used to be with my DC tanking. Block is just such a garbage mechanic vs. lot of trash mobs.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • shutemd0wnshutemd0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    marzattakz wrote: »
    So here's a quick way to find some common ground, post both your average latencies and where you're playing from. The sheer amount of rubber-banding and "how the **** did that hit me" moments when you've clearly dodged a red spot and get teleported back into it makes my guild of above-average friends who have played together for years curse in frustration.

Good luck dodging when dodge fails 75% of the time.

From my perspective, this appears to have been fixed post patch.

I used to constantly get 'teleported' back mid dodge, but now I can successfully dodge these attacks getting an 'immune' message pop up.

I'm playing from Melbourne Australia btw, so latency ranges from around 280-350.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shutemd0wn wrote: »
    From my perspective, this appears to have been fixed post patch.

I used to constantly get 'teleported' back mid dodge, but now I can successfully dodge these attacks getting an 'immune' message pop up.

I'm playing from Melbourne Australia btw, so latency ranges from around 280-350.

I agree to a certain extent. I used to get horrible rubberbanding before the latest patch. Now it is less frequent and it seems to coincide with the event the most. I am very glad they improved that. It was literally killing the game for me.

There are two other possibly related problems though:

1. Certain dungeons at certain points consistently have terrible, terrible lag. You noticed the laginess before, but it did not significantly impact gameplay. Now you will be lucky to get 2 frames per second, if not crash. This happens to the entire group (i.e. everyone complains at the same time). Notable spots are the one-eyed boss room inside Spell Plague and also spots where there is a lot of blue "spell fire" + mobs licking around in one area.

2. Certain spells fail after dodging. You dodge, press the button immediately after and the spell first has no effect and its resources (AP or timer) is used up. This normally applies to dailies on multiple classes. For CW, it impacts the Encounter Steal Time the most and it is extremely annoying since that spell is critical to much CW gameplay, especially in movement heavy fights like Castle Never.
    edited June 2013
    There also some skills that generate crazy FPS loss on certain video cards. I suffer heavy FPS loss when a TR uses Smoke or a CW uses Icy Terrain (soft particles maybe?) when I play on my AMD rig. This doesn't happen on NVidia equipped PCs though. So there's also that.
    Dragon
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AS need to go, I am tired of the (place aoe heal over HERE). We need a party buff heal and defense like TR and CW they have. Bastion of heals CD need to be at least 14s.
    If those 2 cant be changed then make foresight heals too when one of the party member HP drops below 50% and heals by 25% of his missing HP.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My healing is continually getting better. I posted my build on this class site, if you have time you should check it out. Its working very well for me. As well as others having success with it.