test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experienced clerics, need your advice please.

xdeathbydegreesxdeathbydegrees Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I've had a LOT of unanswered questions so I stacked them up rather than post a new thread everyday.
I'm a level 60 cleric with 9xxx GS atm but I'm sure you might find my items very random.

1. Gear
If someone minds explaining to me what's the best T2 gear is it Miracle healer, Beacon, or Grand Templars?
And isn't it better to use 2 of each since they give 4xx which can be crit/rec/pow?

2. Ioun stone of Allure
I bought one recently and I have absolutely no idea what to put in it. Especially in the runestones sides

3. Enchantments
When should I start considering placing Rank 5 enchantments?

4.Feats
Since the game has change, should I think about respeccing?

5.Stats
I'm currently on 37xx power, 28xx crit, 11xx def (I doubt we need it anymore as much as we did do we?) and finally 19xx rec. Good/bad? Any advice?

I know I've asked alot and I dont require lengthy answers, just something to set my understanding right ><. Thank you in advance!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Divinity@xDeathbydegrees ~ 10k+ GS Devoted Cleric
Post edited by xdeathbydegrees on

Comments

• zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The Miracle Healer 4x is the best, however it's hard to get and it's either bugged, or the tooltip is wrong. Personally, I'd aim for 2x MH, 2x Templar and then make the decision if you want to go to 4x Miracle Healer.

You get every stat you put into the Ioun Stone, except for HP, so you basically want to put in whatever you're missing. Either Crit or Recovery on the Offense Runestones. For the Defense, you want... Eldritch I believe it is, the one that grants you a percentage of the pets stats. As for equipment... I put in my old gear. When I upgrade my necklace, my old one went into the Stone. It's good for Devoted Clerics, because we don't have to go out of our way to search for an Icon to give him at 25 as well.

Enchantments... It depends. If you have a good guild that plans to do Castle Never, you might wanna put a few in your T1 set to boost your GS enough to go, otherwise I'd say wait until T2 pieces before enchanting. (T2 Necklace/Waist/Rings have the "Grand" prefix).

Respeccing... I'd say yes. It's free, and a few feats are more/less useful now. (E.g Linked Spirit is great, Cleanse is not so great)

Anywhere over 3k for Crit and Recovery is what you're aiming for, Def isn't needed quite as much now, but getting near 2k would be great. Power is what you add last, once you've got those stats where you want. Either way, you really shouldn't worry about getting your stats to specific levels until you're getting T2 gear and using Enchants, until then you don't have much control over your stats.
  • lovechyldelovechylde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Anywhere over 3k for Crit and Recovery is what you're aiming for, Def isn't needed quite as much now, but getting near 2k would be great. Power is what you add last, once you've got those stats where you want. Either way, you really shouldn't worry about getting your stats to specific levels until you're getting T2 gear and using Enchants, until then you don't have much control over your stats.

Thank you for this, I've been searching everywhere for ballpark figures to aim for.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I pretty much agree with zephryl1. I am shooting for a 2x Miracle healer 2x Divine

I went the cat route verses the stone and starting enchanting pieces upto rank 4 while lvling. Now that I have pretty much the gear I will need I have bumped to rank5 and 1 piece rank6

I went with a Crit build so I try to keep Crit around 3400 Rec 2.7k+ and Power 2-3k I however have sacrificed some in the defense department just over 1.4k
  • xdeathbydegreesxdeathbydegrees Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so much zephryl!! that was so helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Divinity@xDeathbydegrees ~ 10k+ GS Devoted Cleric
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This was what I went with:

http://imgur.com/a/FYzCY#0

mImpZDr.jpg

La5qFrh.jpg

I91WkFm.jpg

I wanted balanced stats all around. Good Power, Crit., Recovery, Defense, and HP.

Greater Vorpal weapon enchant and Greater Soulforged armor enchant.
  • marzattakzmarzattakz Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    That must have cost you quiet a penny! **** man, colour me jealous!
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Carac : Char/Wis or Char/Str if you aim to play with a perfect vorpal
    Stat : 4k recovery, 2kdefense, then max power
    Gear : 4/4 Miracle healer or 4/4 PVP
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gambit thanks for showing your items. You know, just your main-hand and off-hand items currently cost almost 4 million AD in the Auction House!
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was what I went with:

http://imgur.com/a/FYzCY#0

mImpZDr.jpg

La5qFrh.jpg

I91WkFm.jpg

I wanted balanced stats all around. Good Power, Crit., Recovery, Defense, and HP.

Greater Vorpal weapon enchant and Greater Soulforged armor enchant.

May i see which feat build you are currently using? thnx.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm currently using 4x Miracle Healer. I'll probably continue to use that for PVP but I'm thinking of switching to 2x Beacon for PVE. Granted Crit is better than power but between gear and ion stone my crit should be high enough (still leveling the stone) I'm not intending to stack 3.5k+ crit, too much lost to diminishing returns
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    Granted Crit is better than power

Lol no :rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    lerapiso wrote: »
    Lol no :rolleyes:
    Sure it is, but not once it's capping
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't diminishing returns make 3000+ not worth it? I thought once you hit 3k you should focus on power...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Doesn't diminishing returns make 3000+ not worth it? I thought once you hit 3k you should focus on power...

That's my point, I mean some people really like to stack crit and get their crit % up to 37% or so but I feel I'd rather be sitting more around the 33-34% range and just pump the excess offensive stats into Power; granted it doesn't scale great but it's better than severly overcapping Crit, Recovery...and Armor Pen is usless unless you plan on dpsing. shame Defense and Regen share a slot :(
    edited June 2013
    spani4rd wrote: »
    That's my point, I mean some people really like to stack crit and get their crit % up to 37% or so but I feel I'd rather be sitting more around the 33-34% range and just pump the excess offensive stats into Power; granted it doesn't scale great but it's better than severly overcapping Crit, Recovery...and Armor Pen is usless unless you plan on dpsing. shame Defense and Regen share a slot :(

In fact power is always better than crit, because you'l have 5%base crit, 5%min crit via STR, something like ~13% crit on your set/ring/weapon/icon, 3% crit via feat, and you'll have a big uptime on the TR +5%crit buff. This is already too much