test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes: NW.3.20130529d.8

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
New Feature: Salvage!
  • Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)
  • There is a new Salvage Trader and station in the western corner of the Seven Suns Coster Market in Protector's Enclave. Purple quality gear may be salvaged for Rough Astral Diamonds.
  • There will still be some BoE items found in dungeons that can be sold on the Auction House.
  • More information can be found here!!

Combat
Devoted Cleric
  • Astral Shield's visual effects are now less overwhelming.
  • Feat: Healing Step: Addressed a typo in the tooltip.
  • Feat: Sovereign Justice: Addressed a display issue with the tooltip.

Great Weapon Fighter
  • Constitution now properly increases Armor Penetration.

Guardian Fighter
  • Dexterity now properly increases Armor Penetration.

Companions
  • Another cause of players sometimes having two Companions at once has been addressed.
  • One cause of Companions being left behind in Protector's Enclave has been addressed.

Quests and Environments
Protector's Enclave
  • Several mailboxes have been added to Protector's Enclave. They work just like the Postal Courier for the purpose of taking items from mail, and show up as Postal Courier on the map.
    Blacklake District
  • The Dead Rats: The gates in this instance now have a two second interaction time. This addresses an issue where multiple players could interact with the gates at once, causing them to close before they even tried to open.
    Blackdagger Ruins
  • A Leaky Proposition: The quest objective now leads to all six boats. No waypoints are left behind.
    Icespire Peak
  • The Frozen Heart: An area where players could jump out of the gameplay area has been patched up.
    Mount Hotenow
  • Caverns of Karrundax: Karrundax has updated audio in her intro cutscene.
    Castle Never
  • It is no longer quite as trivial to skip the third boss.

UI
  • The Achievements tab in the Journal UI may now be scrolled.
  • The reward window when opening boxes like the Adventurer's Reward now shows an "OK" instead of "Close" button to make it more clear that the contents of that reward will be accepted upon closing the window.

Foundry
  • "For Review" searches now have a limit of returned results in a single search.
  • When changing the type of an Encounter, the properties on the individual actors now reset. A warning message will allow authors to back out if they have second thoughts.

Gateway
  • Auctions without Bid values now display a "N/A" value in the Bid column, instead of -1.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice to the achievements UI is fixed.

For the mailboxes, while the extra mailboxes in the enclave is a nice touch, can we get them in other zones as well? At least in the starting area of each.
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Mailboxes, finally! The crowds were downright trampling that sole Postal Courier.

And I agree with Dardove - a mailbox in each zone's starting area would be great to have.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    Mailboxes, finally! The crowds were downright trampling that sole Postal Courier.

And I agree with Dardove - a mailbox in each zone's starting area would be great to have.

I think the crowds trampling the postal courier was mostly companions that weren't despawning, which this patch is also dealing with.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No CW fix? You know 80% of the feats, powers and sets are broken? Just look at the foruns
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you!

that poor Postal Courier, he was severely overworked have to distribute all the mail by himself. now he's got some help.
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    Thank you!

that poor Postal Courier, he was severely overworked have to distribute all the mail by himself. now he's got some help.

hahah :D, He really didn't get paid enough. Maybe he told cryptic he was going to get his union involved.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No fix for the wall on the right when you enter castle never? It's definitely not fixed yet, although the last patch said it was.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    • Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

You will kill your game if you force people to finance their need for mounts, enchants and other such things through zen exclusively.

If you separate this game into the 'haves' and 'have nots' on top of all of the exploited currency still in game and amongst the very rich who have basically, cheated their way to controlling all of the markets, you will definitely see a loss in players. I've been a very eager and happy participant in your game thus far, and part of the reason was because I was able to afford to buy my gear by selling the things that I didn't need, or finding deals to resell so that I could afford to take care of my wizard and cleric.

Do this though, and I am sorry.. I won't continue to support this game.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So you'r making the little end game content that there already was, be useless for those that already got their end game gear.
    You'r just telling them to go and quit or roll an alt?
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea how about fixing all the broken CW mechanics? Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    yay another brilliant idea ( facepalm )
  • avornielavorniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [*] Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

Having to agree with what Daschla said a couple of posts before this and all I see is you as a company forcing players to buy Zen and the ones who can't do that I guess you don't care for or want to cater for since we don't buy zen for real money ....

If you do go through with this can you at least add in an option to be able to trade items from the original group due to miss rolling need/greed.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Speaking as someone who has bought gear for my characters instead of actually farming it out of convenience, I still think this is a good change. Actually taking time to run the dungeons to farm the gear should mean something (even if I probably won't do it all that much), and under the current system, it simply doesn't.

Good change.
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol at these class changes without fixing the new shield cooldown bug you've introduced. Brilliant.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol at these class changes without fixing the new shield cooldown bug you've introduced. Brilliant.

It isn't a bug, its a feature :p
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where in the previous patch notes does it say that?
  • leapsfromshadowsleapsfromshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who has bought gear for my characters instead of actually farming it out of convenience, I still think this is a good change. Actually taking time to run the dungeons to farm the gear should mean something (even if I probably won't do it all that much), and under the current system, it simply doesn't.

Good change.
    Except for the people who don't get invited to do dungeons (or get kicked) because their class is considered sub-par by the end-game elitist snobs. Telling those people to "find a guild to run with" or "roll a different class" isn't going to solve that problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Except for the people who don't get invited to do dungeons (or get kicked) because their class is considered sub-par by the end-game elitist snobs. Telling those people to "find a guild to run with" or "roll a different class" isn't going to solve that problem.

I agree and feel for any players that this effects, but class balance and gear distribution/economy are really two separate issues. Hopefully the latest round of class balancing will help this a lot.
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013

I have a control wizard wearing a 2 piece high viziers and a 2 piece shadow weaver set and if I want to upgrade anymore I will either have to run dungeons until my piece drops OR purchase it from the ah until I have sold enough gear I dont need to buy the rest of the shadow weaver pieces. If you were to release MORE items that were bind on pickup I could justify this change. However editing the items currently in game is a HUGE mistake and will end with nothing but a dead economy. The thought of this change is enraging but I really need to know exactly which items are being edited. Seeing the scale of this change may change my mind but instead of details you give us "many of the items".

For now Im highly skeptical and dont agree in the slightest. This is a change where Ill say, do this and I wont stick around for the after party.

Let me re-iterate, do NOT let this update go live without removing this change.
  • zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    CW's Shield cooldown bug??? Nightmare wizardry bug??

BoP items is a joke btw
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I agree, that creating BoP so that you have to run dungeons ad nauseum to get your own piece is not a great idea and even though you may experience more Zen purchases, you are gouging your customers and playerbase, which makes it stink as a marketing tool.

I hope I am not alone in my disapproval of such a focus on buying zen. I don't mind spending $15 a month, like I would for a subscription based game. If needing to consistently spend more than that in this game is necessary to maintain a certain level of competition, my tendency would be to stop playing as much or at all.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Normally I like to give benefit of the doubt (not being a programmer myself), but I truly have to ask why changing items from BoE to BoP is suddenly a priority given the huge number of skill, feat, and equipment bugs that are still damaging gameplay, especially for the CW.

All I can hope is that there will be a comprehensive bug-fixing patch to coincide with the "live" release of the game, because respecs are not usually free, and there are so many serious bugs related to skill and feat selections. Having to cross your fingers that your new power or feat is going to work the way you think it does is an enormous problem.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• fenixxxxfenixxxx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP end dungeon gear is a horrible idea for casual players. I hope Cryptic reconsiders
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    While I could care less about BOP, I do like how it is now though since it harkens back to old school MMO design. You need to remove the 24k limit to refine Rough Astral Diamonds though if this change goes through. In fact I dunno why that is aprt of the game in the first place, its a silly mechanic that punishes players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • zerochance300zerochance300 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Put Mailboxes in other ZONES!!!

Then we won't all have to go into Protector to check our mail...

LESS LAG FOR EVERYONE!
  • grzmot33kgrzmot33k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what a stupid idea, salvage items for a rought diamond and we got 24k ad limit a day, i make limit every day with leadership. So what can i do now with this awesome salvage? be happy coz i have 200k in a week but i cant do a **** with it? so stupid, waste of time so lvl up leadership, all craft is a joke atm only pants/shirt is usefull, erase all other ****. No1 give a **** about that stupid crafting
  • mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Amateur is Amateur. The list of MMO's that failed doing these kind of things is too long to list. Neverwinter looks to be 1 more to that list. Stop deleting the post's that point out the truth too~
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the bop is a knee jerk reaction on the devs part to placate the whining elitist minority that are complaining about people always selecting "NEED" on drops in dungeons with a pug. plain and simple. this change wasn't wanted or needed by the majority of the players!
    at this rate crytics other mmo STO will continue to survive a lot longer then neverwinter will. at least the sto dev team knows what they are doing.
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whiners will be whiners
  • mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    whiners will be whiners

guess someone hit a sore spot with this guy :)
This discussion has been closed.