test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best build for GWF and GF (THE ONLY BUILD that you should even consider)

tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Pump CON and CHARISMA all the way.

Put Greater Tenebrous enchants into every offense slots and Greater Plaguefire in weapon enchant.

You win.
Post edited by tenkuro on

Comments

• s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cool story bro
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    cool story bro

I'm not kidding.....

Our GWF burned epic karrundax to half hp in under 3 minutes.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Charisma? Increase damage against enemies you have combat advantage over? So you have to rely on an ally to sit on the opposite site of a huge dragon just so you can get a little extra bonus damage?

Not even.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    I'm not kidding.....

Our GWF burned epic karrundax to half hp in under 3 minutes.

I know u don't. What I meant this should not be announced to general public to avoid nerf... plz if u know any other OP stuff about GWF keep it to yourself, I prefer GWF though of as underpowered to get more and more buffs rather then incoming nerf.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    This isn't a 'build', this is just choosing to stat differently for ENCHANTMENTS THAT USE THOSE STATS. It's only good because each and every one of the Tenebrous enchants proc.

This is not a class specific build. This is a general build. Stat up for as much HP as possible, then throw tenebrous enchants on and walah, your dealing around 15%(of your hp) as extra dmg every 10 seconds.

Edit: forgot to mention that any class playing like this will have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for damage until you hit lvl 60 and get -everything- enchanted properly.
  • bloodytrailzbloodytrailz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a money wins build.

Thing is fighters can do it way better than other classes due to +HP set bonuses.

I can tell you in PVP at least, this build is absolutely broken.

GWF's with 35k+ HP, 3k+ defense that still 3 shot you due to 6 greater tenebrous enchants on that huge amount of HP.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How does CHA work into tene procs?
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    How does CHA work into tene procs?

Deflection. Take less damage = keep HP full easier = more tenebrous damage.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Before coming in and trolling after your rogue got smashed, you could at least do some research into how ability scores for GWF and GF work.
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's a money wins build.

Thing is fighters can do it way better than other classes due to +HP set bonuses.

I can tell you in PVP at least, this build is absolutely broken.

GWF's with 35k+ HP, 3k+ defense that still 3 shot you due to 6 greater tenebrous enchants on that huge amount of HP.

GWF's don't need Tenebrous to 3 shot. Welcome to The Barracks.
  • craftymangcraftymang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably get more procs for more damage as a GWF
  • thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Pump CON and CHARISMA all the way.

Put Greater Tenebrous enchants into every offense slots and Greater Plaguefire in weapon enchant.

You win.

That's a funny one.

But wouldn't STR and feated STR bonus be FAR better? Since you are no longer relying on crit. Max out bonus dmg PLUS Tenebrous.

Still, myself I like my big crits. And I specced con anyways cuz well I like not dying. Seen too many GWF try to do their job and they got BIG dmg... but died 3 times during same fight. I didn't even fall once, and yah I came in a lot less on dmg, but I didn't fall:)

Plus if your "iwin" depends on you spending $ 600 bucks to do so; you lose.
  • thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    charisma don't add <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for GFW deflect man
    dex does, and that's same one that gives crit and aoe resists:)
    edited July 2013

above; cha don't do nothing for deflect
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited July 2013
    How much $$$ will it cost to build this GWF Build? if says more than $ 200.00+ you failed.
    edited July 2013
    for greaters... I priced it, that's like 600 US Dollars:)

BUT like 40$ to test it with lesser. Still you would only be getting 1/3 the effect.

I roll stuff right now without needing all that junk, and ill crit for a HELL OF ALOT more often than that guy, plus my vorpal will give me 25% more on crits. So meh, sounds like an expensive plan to do the same thing im doing now.

IMO that plan = fail.

And Charisma? Name one thing that Cha does for a GWF. JUST ONE!

Still waiting:)
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited July 2013
    The reason im saying $200 is that i could buy the North Pack with it and get tons of Extras and better gaming experience, roll out a CW and pawn the GWF anytime on PVP and still owns the Dungeons.
    edited July 2013
    Well lets further evaluate something that makes this ENTIRE thread false as a two dollar bill;

10 second cooldown on ALL tenebrous.

So lets add it up; 350 dmg x 5 or 6. okay... so 2k dmg.

BUT YOU ARE ON COOLDOWN FOR ANOTHER 10 SECONDS!!

I do 2k damage as a GWF in my sleep. And don't need NO COOLDOWN!

The "only GWF" build I would consider; is one that plans to flush this dudes ideas right down the toilet. Most use you would get out of it!
  • simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well lets further evaluate something that makes this ENTIRE thread false as a two dollar bill;

The "only GWF" build I would consider; is one that plans to flush this dudes ideas right down the toilet. Most use you would get out of it!

Your numbers are a little off, it's 900(30k hp) to 1050(35k hp) per greater enchant(3%) and the number of possible offensive slots is 7 I believe.

900x7=6300
    1050x7=7350

It's a burst build and the enchants are the issue, however in PvE this build fares far worse than a str/dex with normal enchant priorities. This is a very specific PvP setup and I hope one of these days they will simply make all of the tenebrous share a CD, meaning a single enchant is ok and more is pointless.

I honestly have no clue why they tossed charisma in there, that makes no sense to me at all, con/dex or con/str would seem to be far more useful as a GWF with a build of this nature.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    simkinfool wrote: »
    I honestly have no clue why they tossed charisma in there

Think it's due to the 1% combat advantage damage.

It'd be better to pump strength, though.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tumblr_lyufmmtn711qdddnho1_500.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Unless they buffed tene the serverside CD was 20 seconds... The first two procs can happen as much as 1 second parat but after that its 20 seconds...

its 10:21 as I am posting this, so If I was in game and had only 1 tene enchant, It could proc anywehre from 10:21:00 - 10:21:20 and then proc AGAIN anywhere from 10:21:21-10:21:40 and AGAIN from 10:21:41-10:22:00. For a MAX of 3 procs per minute...

I want to make something clear here... Tene is HORRIBLE for PVE damage... The nerf to 20 seconds DOESNT really affect PVP but it broke the enchant for PVE... so instead of people having hybrid PVE/PVP characters, they now roll like me with 1 PVE char and 1 PVP char...

@36k HP with 7 GTEs your MAX potential damage is 7560 (at full hp if they all proc). Divide that over 20 seconds = 378 DPS... In CN a decent GF or GWF will average 50kDPS+ so this is almost NOTHING in comparison...

But in PVP, burst is king... hence why these are ultra OP.
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is a troll thread. And you don't need tenes to 3 shot ppl, I one shot them with no tenes.
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    My gwf burned epic karrundax to 0 hp in under 2 min with rank 8 radiants and empowered rank 8s?
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I roll into Karra with my GWF and the dragon sighs and gives me his loot. You guys are doing it wrong!
    edited July 2013
    I see now, rogue crybaby made cuz his 1 shot ganks are going away, and we will do a beatdown on him regardless...

and with greater 7.5k and you have to run... from cooldowns.

With lesser vorpal and not even paying attention to rest; I critted boss for 39k.