test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage Mechanics/ Cumulative or Increasing.

icenamnicenamn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Greetings.

I have a question about the at-will damage. When you use a standard attack you do like 300-400 damage on no crits.

Then you keep doing that the damage increases to 500-600 and at the end of a great boss fight you can do like 10k damage on the hits.

My question now is. Is this the cumulative damage for that series of attacks or does the damage increase if you can stand longer and do damage with the same attack?

Please help me understand the mechanics because right now I skip doing the specials because it is my belief the damage actually increase for each secutive hit.

Sincerely,
Nazraul.
Post edited by icenamn on

Comments

• kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    cumulative... there's this thing called the combat log that tells you what happens. turn off others hits to weed out so much spam.
  • icenamnicenamn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. Did not know that existed.

Gonna check it out. Gonna test what attack deals the most damage aswell so I know what to set when I respec.
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think what is going on is that you are actually seeing something most other games don't have. As you stand and attack something the number on screen is actually the total cumulative damage you've done to that target uninterrupted. Your standard 300 damage hit is still being show but many times it goes by so fast you miss it.

To test this go to the training dummies and pay careful attention. You should see your 300 come up and merge with the 10k number and increasing it. I missed this origionally and the horrible combat log doesn't help.